Anelka looking for a bigger club

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:50 pm

French striker Nicolas Anelka has hinted he may leave Manchester City for a bigger club.
Anelka is in talks with City manager Kevin Keegan about a contract extension beyond 2007, but admits he is doing his best to secure a move.

The 25-year-old claims he should be playing in the Champions League and fears he will become 'fed up' at the City of Manchester Stadium.

“I either decide to win titles or to have an easy life. I think I will always choose football if a great club makes me an offer,” Anelka told a French football magazine according to English tabloid News of the World.

“I think City will understand. I gave a lot to this club. My objective is to give my maximum for City in order to find a big club.

“To win titles you need players who have the capability of doing so. If we stagnate between eighth and 15th place, it’s impossible to progress. If I am going to score goals and not win, there is a risk it is going to create a feeling of being fed up.

“I am in talks to sign an extension to my contract. I am well here but the sporting aspect also comes into account.

“Playing for eighth place is good but I miss the Champions League. I won it with Real Madrid in 2000 and I need to be playing in it - and I should be playing in it.”

Anelka would love to achieve his goals with City, but believes that is unlikely.

“The ideal would be that City become a great club, but if that happens I will be 35 years old,” he said.

Makes you wonder if Anelka will try to sign with us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:53 pm

I see nothing wrong in what he has said, but can we prove to him we are the club to give him what he wants?.
I hope so, i would like to see him come back - at 25 he is coming into his prime and the best from him is yet to come.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:00 pm

i think he wants a move back to france or he will be an ideal signing for barcelona him and et'oo wat a partnership :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:04 pm

i think he wants a move back to france or he will be an ideal signing for barcelona him and et'oo wat a partnership

Rubbish.[its you're opinion and you're entitled to it]

I don't see him taking a step back by going to some club in France. La Championat is such a poor league at the moment.

Barca signing Anelka? Be realistic. I just can't see that happening at all.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:08 pm

I can see it happening they need another striker they have the money so would be ideal signing for player and club :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:10 pm

Since they have the money they could buy a player much better than Anelka.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:14 pm

Yeh they could but they need striker and all the good proven striker will be cup-tied they could bring saviola back but thats only if Monaco get Morientes.
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:15 pm

I think Anelka is an absolutly superb player, and the thought of him, Cisse and Baros up front for us is mouth watering.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:24 pm

Yeh they could but they need striker and all the good proven striker will be cup-tied they could bring saviola back but thats only if Monaco get Morientes.

What makes you think that Barca need Anelka? They have been solid without him, both in Spain and in the Champions League.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:31 pm

Larssons injured till the end of the season plus hes no spring chicken.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:55 pm

Because although et'oo bein scoring quite alot of goals this season but they can't depend on him all the time they need another striker,maybe once Guily comes back it will help them.

@ cisses_gona_get_ya  i realise larsson season is over :)
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:53 pm

Morientes came on for the first time in too points but he never got into the game Real Madrid 9 points behind :D Barcelona,they had alot of there stars rested but they should of lost.They were more intresting in the Roma game though abit like ours
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:01 pm

I think Anelka is an absolutly superb player, and the thought of him, Cisse and Baros up front for us is mouth watering.

Agreed, but not as mouth watering as Owen, Anelka, Heskey (at his best) and Litmanen oculd have been...
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:09 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

Agreed, but not as mouth watering as Owen, Anelka, Heskey (at his best) and Litmanen oculd have been...

Stu, stop living in the past, Heskey was garbage most of the time, Owen strung us along then left us high and dry and Litmanen is well over the "free bus pass" age.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:43 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

Jiziz. Wisen up.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion