Anelka looking for a bigger club

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:44 pm

banana wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
I think Anelka is an absolutly superb player, and the thought of him, Cisse and Baros up front for us is mouth watering.

Agreed, but not as mouth watering as Owen, Anelka, Heskey (at his best) and Litmanen oculd have been...

Jiziz. Wisen up.

I could say the same to you. Along with getting some optimism and belief for Christmas.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:13 am

lets face it if Barca want him they will get him over us :( Even our existing number 1 choice Striker (Baros) wants to go there  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:33 am

Dalglish wrote:lets face it if Barca want him they will get him over us :( Even our existing number 1 choice Striker (Baros) wants to go there  ???

Baros said that he would leave for Barca if Houllier was still in charge. Since Houllier was sacked that didn't happen now did it?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:35 am

Dalglish wrote:lets face it if Barca want him they will get him over us :( Even our existing number 1 choice Striker (Baros) wants to go there  ???

I just think we have to be careful what we wish for with Nicolas Anelka.

He is a genius, but a flawed one. He has had an unstable influence over every team he's ever played with. Liverpool need players that are going to come in for the long haul and Anelka has never done that.

Name me one team that he has left without falling out with the manager?

Look at the arrogance in the article above. This is a player that is out for one person only. He has never cared for any team he has played for. If we sign I imagine were going to pay £7-8 million at least. If we dont make the CL next season what happens then? Do you then he's going to knuckle down to get us back where we belong? This man openly admits that the only reason he performs for City is so that the bigger clubs will come calling.

I just dont think we want that sort of player at LFC. Give we someone that will give their all for the good of the team anyday.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:37 am

A.B. wrote:

Baros said that he would leave for Barca if Houllier was still in charge. Since Houllier was sacked that didn't happen now did it?

Only because Barca didn't make an offer....... Your naive if you believe Baros stayed for Benitez....

Baros is staying cos he has got what he wants and he wasn't shy about blabbing it to the papers at every opportunity  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:38 am

fivecups wrote:

I just think we have to be careful what we wish for with Nicolas Anelka.

He is a genius, but a flawed one. He has had an unstable influence over every team he's ever played with. Liverpool need players that are going to come in for the long haul and Anelka has never done that.

Name me one team that he has left without falling out with the manager?

Look at the arrogance in the article above. This is a player that is out for one person only. He has never cared for any team he has played for. If we sign I imagine were going to pay £7-8 million at least. If we dont make the CL next season what happens then? Do you then he's going to knuckle down to get us back where we belong? This man openly admits that the only reason he performs for City is so that the bigger clubs will come calling.

I just dont think we want that sort of player at LFC. Give we someone that will give their all for the good of the team anyday.

You make a very good point.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:39 am

Didn't he say as soon as Barcelona come calling with an offer his off cus his supported them as a boy and also said who stay at one club all there career. It doesn't look good so if barcelona come in the summer his off then :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:41 am

At least we will make a bit of money on him and there are better strikers around in my opinion. Maybe i'm wrong but there are certainly more professinal ones ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:42 am

Didn't he say as soon as Barcelona come calling with an offer his off cus his supported them as a boy and also said who stay at one club all there career. It doesn't look good so if barcelona come in the summer his off then

Depends really. Nothing is a gurantee.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:53 am

Depends According to Baros's mentality whether he is guaranted a start every LFc game he wants to play in ???

He's quiet at the moment cos he is first choice but you watch him throw his rattle out of the pram in January when we acquire a proven golascorer ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:55 am

He's quiet at the moment cos he is first choice but you watch him throw his rattle out of the pram in January when we acquire a proven golascorer

Yeah but Baros will still be first choice because somebody will have to partner that new striker. Baros has made a fast recovery from his injury and has given his all in every game in a way that shows me that he is willing to do a lot for this club.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:02 am

A.B. wrote:Yeah but Baros will still be first choice because somebody will have to partner that new striker. Baros has made a fast recovery from his injury and has given his all in every game in a way that shows me that he is willing to do a lot for this club.

Two ways of looking at that mate, either he gives his all to LFC cos he loves the club  or he is keeping his boyhood dream club's attention and  secretly hopes for a move there !  ???

Maybe he was naive to blab about Houllier to the press (Didn't notice too many other players doing it) but his comments annoyed a significant amount of Reds fans and it tends to affect the way you interpret his performances....

Make no mistake he has played well for Liverpool this season but i don't think anyone who watches LFc seriously thinks he is here for the long haul!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:04 am

If he keep up his work rate and keep banging in goals for us, why shouldn't he be our first choice strikers? He was frustrated previously because Houllier just wouldn't give him a look in the first team, hence limit his career advancement. I would do the same if I am constantly being overlooked althought I know I am better that the guy in the limelight.
Besides, how many more top rated strikers do you think we can afford at this moment that will relegate Baros to the bench?
Last edited by Santa on Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:10 am

I'm not questioning his ability Santa , just wondering where his loyalties really lie ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:41 am

I seem to recall that Anelka was surprised and disappointed that we let him go. He has had his "attitude problems " as some have already pointed out but I feel that he may at last be showing some maturity , he may still make the odd big headed comment but there's nothing wrong with believing in your own abilities .
I feel he would be a great asset to us , even with a fit Baros and Cisse our strike force is still paper thin and adding a player of Anelka's undoubted ability to our squad gives us more options and intensifies competion for a stating place .

:)
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion