Anelka looking for a bigger club

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whelston23 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:10 am

liverpool is a special club. where the GM down to the cleaner works closely, thats wat i mean ... loyalty...
down to every player, they have to give their heart and soul for the club... Anelka doesnt seems like that kind of person.. so wat for liverpool wants him.... his attribute sux... big time.
baros is doing well... dun give a bad name on him.. just let him perform, if he realli wants to go... who can stop him? at least we will get a handsome sum for him... even if he says he support barca, but every game , for liverpool , he works his socks off.. we should take note of his hard work...
whelston23

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:56 pm

i see some people mention his attitude problem, well when was it when he actually made a mistake or caused problems at a club, cos he didnt put a foot wrong at us and was harshly treated by Houllier cos of this so called attitude and we bought golden boy couldnt put a foot wrong Diouf instead!!!! Its at least 3 years since he did something wrong and i think its time he stopped get tagged with this attitude label, his ability is second to none and i would love to see him back in a red shirt.....And it will stop him scoring against us!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:34 am

Dalglish wrote:
A.B. wrote:Yeah but Baros will still be first choice because somebody will have to partner that new striker. Baros has made a fast recovery from his injury and has given his all in every game in a way that shows me that he is willing to do a lot for this club.

Two ways of looking at that mate, either he gives his all to LFC cos he loves the club  or he is keeping his boyhood dream club's attention and  secretly hopes for a move there !  ???

The same way owen gave less than 100% the last 2 seasons and despite this earned his dream move to madrid ???

Baros made a comment about Barca ONCE when houllier was still in charge and he thought like many of us that he had no future at the club.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:43 am

Your defending the indefensible as far as I'm concerned even if he did say it only once ??? And for the record he above everyone has been more vocal than any other on GH for the simple reason it wasn't working out the way he wanted.

On Owen's conduct which you interpret as disloyalty and imply he wasn't trying for the last 2 seasons...with all due respect thats absolute tosh ??? Despite playing in a kick and rush team (as we were for the last 2 seasons) he still finished Top scorer and is twice the striker Baros is .........

Owen was SOLD by Liverpool FC, Ok you may argue he could have made his intentions clearer earlier but you have to question Liverpool Chief Exec Rik Parry on the decision to allow him to stall on contract talks despire GH stating a  player would not be allowed to do that after the McManaman fiasco ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:59 am

Dalglish wrote:Your defending the indefensible as far as I'm concerned even if he did say it only once ??? And for the record he above everyone has been more vocal than any other on GH for the simple reason it wasn't working out the way he wanted.

On Owen's conduct which you interpret as disloyalty and imply he wasn't trying for the last 2 seasons...with all due respect thats absolute tosh ??? Despite playing in a kick and rush team (as we were for the last 2 seasons) he still finished Top scorer and is twice the striker Baros is .........

Owen was SOLD by Liverpool FC, Ok you may argue he could have made his intentions clearer earlier but you have to question Liverpool Chief Exec Rik Parry on the decision to allow him to stall on contract talks despire GH stating a  player would not be allowed to do that after the McManaman fiasco ???

Baros was hardly the only player to come out and question houllier now was he ???

Henchoz and Babbel both suffered having dared to question houllier's decisions.

Gerrard and Owen both also came out and said on more than 1 ocassion that the football we were playing was not to their liking and had to change in spite of them being the stars of the team. ???

Dudek and Smicer have also slated houllier in interviews so I guess they all must be wrong in spite of them seeing 1st hand how houllier worked. ???

Any decent striker would have finished top scorer when that lump heskey was played up front week in week out.

That was all Baros said that he never got a decent run in the team no matter how bad owen or heskey were as they never got dropped.

It was owen who stated he would never walk away on a bosman like mcmanaman and it was houllier who strung the fans along for 18 months by saying that owen was very close to signing a new contract and there was nothing to worry about.  ???
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:12 am

When its all said and down Owen's twice the strikler Baros is and the irony is we may well get double the price for Baros when he joins his beloved Barca than we got for Owen ...........Thats if Barca don't buy the better striker (Anelka) :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:15 am

Barca cannot afford Baros. :laugh:
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:21 am

Looks like we are falling out over nothing then !!!!!!!! :D Baros stays, Owen's gone and Anelka's trying to prostitute homself around Europe again ........:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:41 am

Well to me owen's body language spoke volumes and he just didn't look like he wanted to play for us any more.

Signing Anelka would be a big mistake IMO as although he is a quality player he only managed 5 goals in 25 plus games for us and was caught offside countless times.

If we don't qualify for the champs lge next season it would be only a matter of time before he started moaning.

Baros works his bollox off everytime he plays in comparison to the half hearted displays I have seen from the other 2.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:50 am

I think it's unfair to say Owen didn't look interested. he was about the ONLY decent reason to go watch LFC over the last couple of seasons (Gerard aside).

Anelka was playing on a different system under Houllier and lets face it if he can score in a Man city side he can certainby score in this side !!!!!!

Baros is I agree working so hard but I don't believe he is there for the long haul and lost respect for him after his outbursts ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:35 am

I think it's unfair to say Owen didn't look interested. he was about the ONLY decent reason to go watch LFC over the last couple of seasons (Gerard aside).

Ah come on now be realistic mate. There were times when Owen scored and didn't even smile. Look at him at Real Madrid. He hugs Ronaldo every time he scores and has a big ****** grin on his face.

Baros has kept his mouth shout after Benitez arrived because Benitez is a much different and a much better manager. I actually think he will stay. EPL is getting competative and all players want competion. Baros has it here, so I think he will stay for a bit longer than we all expect him too.

Yes it could be a possibility that he is working real hard to Barca's notice but I think without doing the work eventually some club might be interested in him due to his performance in the Euro. But who knows really. I'll continue to stay optimistic.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby whylongball? » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:54 am

stu_the_red wrote:
I think Anelka is an absolutly superb player, and the thought of him, Cisse and Baros up front for us is mouth watering.

Agreed, but not as mouth watering as Owen, Anelka, Heskey (at his best) and Litmanen oculd have been...

agree
whylongball?

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:23 am

Dalglish wrote:
A.B. wrote:Yeah but Baros will still be first choice because somebody will have to partner that new striker. Baros has made a fast recovery from his injury and has given his all in every game in a way that shows me that he is willing to do a lot for this club.

Two ways of looking at that mate, either he gives his all to LFC cos he loves the club  or he is keeping his boyhood dream club's attention and  secretly hopes for a move there !  ???

Maybe he was naive to blab about Houllier to the press (Didn't notice too many other players doing it) but his comments annoyed a significant amount of Reds fans and it tends to affect the way you interpret his performances....

Make no mistake he has played well for Liverpool this season but i don't think anyone who watches LFc seriously thinks he is here for the long haul!

he does have a point not saying anything but could be looking to impress different clubs to come looking at him
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:22 pm

We cannot sign Anelka!! He is a sulky little s@d.

Also, it will make us look like a laughing stock for not signing him before!!
Red_Si

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:33 pm

Annelka would be an option at the right price for me. Now here you are talking about a player who IS worth the 7 or 8 million we would have to shell out for Beattie. No comparison between the two for me.
On the question of Baros, I think its probably a touch unfair to just assume that the only reason he gives 100% every game is because he is angling for a move to Barca. "The long haul"? these days, means the length of one contract. If they sign another so you can get a fee when they move on, so much the better. This applies to just about everyone bar Jamie Carragher, whom I hope spends all his career with us before possibly having a couple of seasons at say, Tranmere.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion