Anelka hinting.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby columbia » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:34 pm

kopper wrote:Anelka revealed that Man C is just a springboard to secure a deal with a better club.

"Of course, Manchester City are not Real or Arsenal but it is a step in my career, not even a step but a test," Anelka told L'Equipe.

"I wanted to prove things with my club. Just before joining, everyone thought I would sign for Liverpool.

"I had a good relationship with Gerard Houllier but in the end, he took a decision and it was not to keep me.

"Considering all I have experienced at City, in football and life in general, I have learnt and improved a lot.

"It is a springboard but we have not talked about anything yet.

"I am ready to play for a great club again and I don't have a favourite. For England, it will be difficult as I have already played at Arsenal and Liverpool and it is impossible to go to Manchester United as both clubs don't negotiate together.

"Of course, I won't come back to France. In France, people don't understand anything. They just see money.

"In England, they are fans first and they don't criticise so easily."

Does Anelka want to go back to Arsenal or Liverpool.....hmmph
I think if we get a new manager we should make an offer and he will come. No doubt Houllier made a bad move in not signing him initially but I believe Anelka enjoyed his time at Liverpool and will be more than happy to return...and yes we are still a big club. He is also a proven striker in the premiership and IMO playing much better now in Man C then when he was still refinding his feet in the premiership with Liverpool.
Houllier should forget his pride for a second and sign Anelka...if Anelkas personality proves unbearable(the reason I believe Houllier decided against signing him in the first place)....THEN we send him packing.

im glad we didnt get Anelka. No doubt he has ability but he didnt love the club. This was obviously why houlier didnt sign him. This was also the case with lee bowyer, he's a good player but lets face it, a bit of a tw#t. People like those two i can live with out. Houllier obviously spoke too them both sussed them out and chose not to buy them, and i dont blame him. Just look how Anelka speaks of Man City now. I can understand that he wants to be back at a big club but what about trying to help man city be big. Hasnt he already had enough different clubs. I tell you if we signed him, if the club ever had some difficult patches, kinda like now he'd be off. Because he's a passionless w#nk#r and we dont need people like him.
columbia

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:56 pm

We could have been in the same boat, after all he left Arsenal when he was achieving big things. I wonder why Anelka keeps wanting to move, he was at the biggest club in Europe (and Real Madrid :D  ), where else is there worth going?!?!?!! ???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:42 pm

he's attempting to break the world record for the most amount of different clubs in a carear.
columbia

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion