Andy Robertson - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Let’s be honest, if it had been Moreno who had been drawn to the ball and left Bernardo Silva to score the second, and Moreno who gave Gundogan the space to get a shot away for the 3rd having had his hands on him, and tried to challenge with the wrong foot, his thread would be full of criticism and personal insults.

IMO this season we have two left backs who are playing close to their best. The competition between them has driven them and it’s good for us. They’ve both done well but I don’t think either is a long term answer. I expect we’ll be in the market for a LB in the summer and if we bring someone in, one of our current LBs will leave, most likely Moreno.

Just to say I like Robertson, I think he’s done well, as has Moreno this season, I just think both are replaceable.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 pm

He is worth 10 morenos
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Mikz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 pm

Really impressed with him , could be the new steve nichol  :eyebrow
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 am

Best Ive seen him in a Liverpool shirt!
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Klopp cracked me up when he said

"To be honest I think Robbo played an outstanding game and got his crosses back, I thought they’d gone to Scotland or somewhere!"
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 pm

redshade » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:01 am wrote:Klopp cracked me up when he said

"To be honest I think Robbo played an outstanding game and got his crosses back, I thought they’d gone to Scotland or somewhere!"

Joke aside if it wasn't for Morenos injury...Klopp made a gross error in judgment their...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:47 pm

A steal really at the price, Robertson has shown Klopp how inadequate Moreno is.

Rather than throw big money at a left back Klopp chose to provide a challenge for Moreno and rotate the position, bit like he did with the goalkeepers. Let them fight it out and get an increase in output from both players. Weve also seen this at right back with Gomez and TAA.

Financially its lower risk and its working, an alternative yet frustrating approach for fans who are used to English clubs bunging huge money on the most expensive foreign imports to fix problems.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:23 am

What a revelation this lad has been so far. Imo we are sorted at LB because it seems like robbo has claimed the spot. He defending and attacking game is very good he reminds me of Riise. Some of the crosses he whips in are exquisite.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:01 am

Is it just a coincidence that as this kid is getting better, our opponents are targeting the right side of our defense to attack? His improvement in defending through his desire and passion is there for everyone to see alongside his improvement in his crossing. As his confidence grows so does his ability and belief.
TAA and Gomez would do well to watch and try to emulate what he's doing so they can improve as well
Thommo's perm

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 pm

Our defence is improving, that much is evident. Everyone is writing it down to van Dijk, and although they aren't wrong, it has a lot to do with the introduction of Robertson as well. Had van Dijk played with Moreno on his left, he might not have been as successful. No wonder teams are now targeting the right side of our defence, as our left looks unpenetrable at times.

Hopefully, this isn't a purple patch of form from Andy and keeps at this rate for seasons to come. If he does, he'll have a long and bright future with us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:40 pm

He works well under pressure, when the attackers are pressing and he copes well, not just in his own attacking ability. His defending is good too.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:44 pm

damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:40 am wrote:Our defence is improving, that much is evident. Everyone is writing it down to van Dijk, and although they aren't wrong, it has a lot to do with the introduction of Robertson as well. Had van Dijk played with Moreno on his left, he might not have been as successful. No wonder teams are now targeting the right side of our defence, as our left looks unpenetrable at times.

Hopefully, this isn't a purple patch of form from Andy and keeps at this rate for seasons to come. If he does, he'll have a long and bright future with us.

I remember when Flanagan had that good year before his injury and it always looked to me like a purple patch and that he was playing above himself. I never felt he was in full control but his heart seemed to be dictating his play and things just seemed to come off for him.

I feel that with Robertson the ceiling is higher and is much more likely to develop into a player. From a technical point of view his crosses are very good, he has good ball control and he seems quite quick but still feel he can get caught out of position. Notably nobody is calling for a leftback anymore like the previous five seasons.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Robertson is 100% committed to the cause.. he's like a quicker version of Steve Finnan who by the way is one of my favourite players. I wasn't blown away when we was linked with Robertson I thought we'd gone cheap looking to fill a hole.. But he's proving to be a unbelievable signing. I just hope eventually the Ox can prove me wrong aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:43 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:19 pm wrote:Robertson is 100% committed to the cause.. he's like a quicker version of Steve Finnan who by the way is one of my favourite players. I wasn't blown away when we was linked with Robertson I thought we'd gone cheap looking to fill a hole.. But he's proving to be a unbelievable signing. I just hope eventually the Ox can prove me wrong aswell.

Yup, to me he's a Steve Finnan. Plays like one too.

looked good so far and solid, don't think he's top class as he still lacks a bit technically to be considered like Marcelo, Dani Alves or Zambrotta.

His cross for Salah was sublime but I highly doubt he can do that on a consistent bases because usually his crossing is way off.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:42 am

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:01 am wrote:Is it just a coincidence that as this kid is getting better, our opponents are targeting the right side of our defense to attack? His improvement in defending through his desire and passion is there for everyone to see alongside his improvement in his crossing. As his confidence grows so does his ability and belief.
TAA and Gomez would do well to watch and try to emulate what he's doing so they can improve as well

More than happy with the fella's performances, he's deffo made the LB position his own and as his understanding with the rest of the team grows he's only gonna get better and better.

Without taking anything away from Robbo, rather than the definite improvement on our left side, I think teams choosing to attack us down our right flank is more to do with the defensive lapses too often exhibited by TAA and Gomez.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion