An issue regarding one of uefa's rule

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:48 am

15.12 For all matches form the start of the first knock-out round, a club may register a maximum of three new players for the remaining matches in the current competition, provided such players are eligible to play for the club on that date. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2006 at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

Because we purchased Crouch and Sissoko after the 1st Qualifying round and they registered and subsequently played a part in the 2nd Qualifying round, does that mean Liverpool would only be entitled to register only 1 more new player (New CB or New RM)?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:59 am

Good spot Militia, I dont know myself to be honest, but will be interesting to see if anyone can shed any light on that!

Seen as this is a Uefa sorta thread, can anyone answer my question here too (so as to save another thread):

Q. Seen as Andrade (a potential target for CB) played against Newcastle today in the Intertoto Cup, does it mean he would be eligible for the Champions League or not, if we were to buy him?
Or do the rules just apply to each individual european competition?

On a side note did any one see his goal btw.....B.loody hell!! What a goal that was eh!!  Class!
76-1115222408

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:01 am

Each round of the CL qualifiers has a deadline. For instance the first round had a July 6 deadline. Sissoko and Crouch signed after that date but they are obiviously registered for the second round.

Now if we sign a new player and he is not registered by the date set for the 3rd round of qualifiers, he can not take part in that round. However he can play in the CL after the 3rd round.

The number of players you can register is I believe only for the CL qualifiers.

Remember that Garcia and Alonso did not take part in the CL qualifiers last season but played in the CL afterwards.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:02 am

Q. Seen as Andrade (a potential target for CB) played against Newcastle today in the Intertoto Cup, does it mean he would be eligible for the Champions League or not, if we were to buy him?

There's a confusing rule to it, I'm not sure how it works.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:05 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Good spot Militia, I dont know myself to be honest, but will be interesting to see if anyone can shed any light on that!

Seen as this is a Uefa sorta thread, can anyone answer my question here too (so as to save another thread):

On a side note did any one see his goal btw.....B.loody hell!! What a goal that was eh!!  Class!

Link to all UEFA rules

Rule 15.07 answer your question there. If we are to buy Andrade, he would be entitled to play in the Champions Leauge for us, provided we do not exceed our 3 players registration quota.

Anyone got clips to that Andrade goal?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:09 am

On a side note, Slavia Prague confirmed that they will lodge a complaint to UEFA regarding their lose of a seeding spot, provided we get past Kaunas (which we probably will). Nevertheless, I don't see how UEFA will change the rules for the sake of Slavia Prague in such a late stage but it could still be done because the draw for the 3rd Qualifying Round is on Friday. Fingers crossed on whether we lose our seeding spot.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:11 am

On a side note, Slavia Prague confirmed that they will lodge a complaint to UEFA regarding their lose of a seeding spot, provided we get past Kaunas (which we probably will). Nevertheless, I don't see how UEFA will change the rules for the sake of Slavia Prague in such a late stage but it could still be done because the draw for the 3rd Qualifying Round is on Friday. Fingers crossed on whether we lose our seeding spot

Too late for UEFA to change their mind.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:12 am

A.B. wrote:The number of players you can register is I believe only for the CL qualifiers.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Do you mean rule 15.12 only regards the qualifying round of the CL?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:34 am

I think so. I don't know how they can limit how many players you can have playing in the CL.

For instance let's say we sign two more players, but they don't play in the third round they play after it. In January, we buy two more players for instance and clearly they could too play in the CL, thus exceeding the three player limit.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:36 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Good spot Militia, I dont know myself to be honest, but will be interesting to see if anyone can shed any light on that!

Link to all UEFA rules

Rule 15.07 answer your question there. If we are to buy Andrade, he would be entitled to play in the Champions Leauge for us, provided we do not exceed our 3 players registration quota.

Anyone got clips to that Andrade goal?

Cheers Militia!!!
76-1115222408

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:36 am

A.B. wrote:I think so. I don't know how they can limit how many players you can have playing in the CL.

For instance let's say we sign two more players, but they don't play in the third round they play after it. In January, we buy two more players for instance and clearly they could too play in the CL, thus exceeding the three player limit.

Wouldn't that contradict with rule 15.12?

Or does the 'knockout round' quoted from the rule means the Champions League proper (Group phase and so on)?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:38 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:
A.B. wrote:I think so. I don't know how they can limit how many players you can have playing in the CL.

Or does the 'knockout round' quoted from the rule means the Champions League proper (Group phase and so on)?

Knockout round is after the group stage.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:50 am

A.B. wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:

Knockout round is after the group stage.

If that's the case, then what's the point of rule 15.12 since the transfer window has already closed well before the knockout round.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:52 am

Ooooooooooooooh i get it now. This rule 15.12 basically means that we are allowed to register 3 more new players during the winter trasnfer window, and has got nothing to do with new players registered during the summer transfer window.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:53 am

You tit! :D :p UEFA's rules are confusing 99.9 percent of the time, don't bother reading too much into it. We'll be fine. :cool:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion