Squad morale... - ...an issue this season?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:03 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The sale of Finnan may be a footballing mistake because he was a reliable player, but assessing the effect of his departure on team morale is difficult if you're not an insider.

It's no more difficult than guessing exactly what went on behind the scenes between Benitez and the board over the Barry deal, which is what you have done in coming to the conclusion that the Alonso and Finnan situations are the board's fault and not Rafa's.

I haven't concluded that the Alonso or Finnan situations were the board's fault, I've made a considered judgement based on what the board came out with, and what Rafa came out with on the subject of the Barry deal. Had the board stated two months earlier that Barry wasn't value for money, it probably wouldn't have dragged on a week until the deadline. The price was known from the outset. The logical knock on effect would've been greater clarity over the future of Alonso and Finnan.

Then you have the effect Finnan's departure may have on morale? I don't know the effect his departure may have on tem morale, I could speculate that it may have a negative effect because he was a respected pro and a long, and decent servant to the club, or I could speculate that the squad understand that players often get moved on, and at the age of 32 and with the signing of Degen, his opportunities may have been limited.

So in a nutshell, you haven't concluded that the Barry deal is the boards's fault, you have made a considered judgement that it is.  Cheers.

Do you fancy a debate about the different meanings of the word 'conclude' or would you prefer to talk about the topic at hand?

Judging by some of your posts mate, you'd probably enjoy a debate about the word 'conclude'.  Not interested though.  Pm me if you have a problem, don't ruin the thread.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:06 pm

john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The sale of Finnan may be a footballing mistake because he was a reliable player, but assessing the effect of his departure on team morale is difficult if you're not an insider.

It's no more difficult than guessing exactly what went on behind the scenes between Benitez and the board over the Barry deal, which is what you have done in coming to the conclusion that the Alonso and Finnan situations are the board's fault and not Rafa's.

I haven't concluded that the Alonso or Finnan situations were the board's fault, I've made a considered judgement based on what the board came out with, and what Rafa came out with on the subject of the Barry deal. Had the board stated two months earlier that Barry wasn't value for money, it probably wouldn't have dragged on a week until the deadline. The price was known from the outset. The logical knock on effect would've been greater clarity over the future of Alonso and Finnan.

Then you have the effect Finnan's departure may have on morale? I don't know the effect his departure may have on tem morale, I could speculate that it may have a negative effect because he was a respected pro and a long, and decent servant to the club, or I could speculate that the squad understand that players often get moved on, and at the age of 32 and with the signing of Degen, his opportunities may have been limited.

So in a nutshell, you haven't concluded that the Barry deal is the boards's fault, you have made a considered judgement that it is.  Cheers.

Do you fancy a debate about the different meanings of the word 'conclude' or would you prefer to talk about the topic at hand?

Judging by some of your posts mate, you'd probably enjoy a debate about the word 'conclude'.  Not interested though.  Pm me if you have a problem, don't ruin the thread.

:laugh:

What thr fuck are you two wittering on about?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Effes wrote: :laugh:

Don't ask :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Ashamed JC! :(
Its hardly a big deal
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:09 pm

FFS we have seen arguments about almost everything now, from hamstrings to definitions of a word  :D

I think if a team is winning and successful there is no problems with moral (or much else come to that), but if we should start losing I think we could find that we have big problems.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:10 pm

john craig wrote:Judging by some of your posts mate, you'd probably enjoy a debate about the word 'conclude'.  Not interested though.  Pm me if you have a problem, don't ruin the thread.

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:12 pm

s@int wrote:FFS we have seen arguments about almost everything now, from hamstrings to definitions of a word  :D

I think if a team is winning and successful there is no problems with moral (or much else come to that), but if we should start losing I think we could find that we have big problems.

:nod BEAT THE MANCS AND KILL NEVILLE!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:17 pm

s@int wrote:FFS we have seen arguments about almost everything now, from hamstrings to definitions of a word  :D

blame it on the international break... the next league came couldn't come soon enough...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:54 pm

john craig wrote:
Effes wrote::laugh:

Don't ask :laugh:

effes! u spelt ''the'' wrongly  :angry:

:p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Owzat » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Do you think they have any morals?

And what was the morale :D of this story? :D Don't try and sign new players, or leave old ones out, because they'll have a hissy fit? Finnan wasn't a Rafa signing, he lasted a decent amount of time.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:57 pm

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion