What's your priority and why ? - Where does the forum lie on this issue?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

What's your priority and why ? - Where does the forum lie on this issue?

Get rid of owners first .
82%
Get rid of Rafa first.
18%

Total votes : 76

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 am

Kharhaz wrote:My priority would be to make the supporters one again. To give a belief back to the individual who turns up each game. No catch. Not here to protest against rafa, not here to protest against the owners. Just here to support the team. Anfield has been quite for too long, and each time an excuse is given. Its because of the owners, its because of rafa, its because of ooters. No, its because there is a division amongst the supporters. And its showing in the stands. Start at the bottom and work the way up. Get all Anfield singing again then you are halfway there. No division, just do what you have paid for your ticket to do. Support the team, let them know we are still there.

Let the politics of the club resolve itself.  Because lets face facts, we can do nothing about it. We can discuss the injustice on every forum throughout the world and the outcome is the same. We can do nothing in that respect.

But we can continue to support the club.

This is my priority. And I will stand by it.

It never fails to amaze me when people say: "theres nothing we can do about it"
If history shows us anything its that when enough people protest about something things can change. How many times have supporters from other clubs wanted change and got it by being united? It can be done.
The only thing preventing it is us
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 am

When Hicks & Gillett took over this is what they promised and havent delivered none of it !!!! It really makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

Intentions for the Club

The Gillett and Hicks families are extremely enthusiastic about the possibility of continuing the legacy of such a prestigious and unique club. The families are ambitious and will strive to ensure that the Club is in the best position
possible to achieve sustained, on-pitch success and long term stability. The families' ownership of the Club will be a multi-generational family commitment to invest in and develop the Club and the families hope that ultimately and over time, the Gillett and Hicks names become as synonymous with the Club as the
Moores' name is today.

The families are well aware of the importance of investment in new players to achieve on-pitch success and as such are prepared to commit resources to make appropriate investment in the playing squad. The Gillett family's investment in the Montreal Canadiens demonstrates its belief in investing in teams to generate success. The Gillett family has invested in the Canadiens playing squad to the maximum allowable level as permitted by the National Hockey League. Likewise, Thomas O. Hicks has demonstrated his commitment to winning through his ownership
and continual investment in the playing squads of both the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers.

The Gillett and Hicks families have a strong appreciation of the special tradition and heritage of the Club and will do everything in their power to uphold the cherished traditions and continue to enhance the reputation of the Club. Liverpool Football Club is a club of outstanding historical wealth and the Gillett and Hicks families hope that they can be a part of a successful future at the Club, together with the players, manager, coaches, staff members and,
most importantly, the fans.

Kop understands that to ensure that the Club remains as one of the top clubs in the FA Premier League it needs to move to a new state of the art stadium with an increased capacity from its current home of Anfield. As such, the families have indicated their intention to take forward the Stanley Park development, for which planning permission has already been received, and intend to commence the process of building one of the leading stadia in Europe. Kop recognises the importance of a new stadium to the Club and its objective is to ensure that the Club has the appropriate resources and infrastructure for a football club with the history and stature in the world of football which Liverpool has and in order to continue to compete at the highest level of club football.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:13 am

Sir Roger wrote:It never fails to amaze me when people say: "theres nothing we can do about it"
If history shows us anything its that when enough people protest about something things can change. How many times have supporters from other clubs wanted change and got it by being united? It can be done.
The only thing preventing it is us

Yes no one should ever underestimate people power.

Ridding this club of those malignant owners is only priority.

As for the argument better playing team under new manager makes for attraction of investment. I would also thought that it would only increase the price those greedy cowboys would put on the club. Teams like Chelseas werent exactly setting the league alight when Roman arrived.
In a twisted way poor season may help us in the long run
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 am

laza wrote:Teams like Chelseas werent exactly setting the league alight when Roman arrived.

Chelsea was far more entertaining to watch under Gullet and Vialli yet never really won. When Roman came he spent hundreds of millions on players and got Maureen. They then became kings of the 1-0. He brought in Scholari to play "more attractive football" and he did not last the season. There is no way Chelsea are more exciting to watch now than with Bates as owner yet they are worth much more now as they have more expensive players, this due to the investment in the club by the owner, nothing to do with the manager (no doubt Maureen would disagree)

Once again changing manager that plays so called "attractive football" will not change the value of the club as it does not change the bottom line. You can only fill Anfield once and it is normally a sellout.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:11 pm

kazza wrote:
laza wrote:Teams like Chelseas werent exactly setting the league alight when Roman arrived.

Chelsea was far more entertaining to watch under Gullet and Vialli yet never really won. When Roman came he spent hundreds of millions on players and got Maureen. They then became kings of the 1-0. He brought in Scholari to play "more attractive football" and he did not last the season. There is no way Chelsea are more exciting to watch now than with Bates as owner yet they are worth much more now as they have more expensive players, this due to the investment in the club by the owner, nothing to do with the manager (no doubt Maureen would disagree)

Once again changing manager that plays so called "attractive football" will not change the value of the club as it does not change the bottom line. You can only fill Anfield once and it is normally a sellout.

I remember reading at the time that Abramovich would not have bought Chelsea if they hadn't qualified for the CL. (They beat Liverpool in the last game of the season to qualify ahead of us)

I honestly don't believe he would have bought us instead if we had won, but success does make a club more saleable imo.

However back to Dawsons point about attractive football, it may not have a great impact on ticket sales at a club like Liverpool, but I am sure it helps with sponsorship and shirt sales etc.

Most companies want to be associated with success and good football, not failure and poor football. Lucrative sponsorship deals will then in turn attract more interest from investors.
account deleted by request

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 pm

s@int wrote:
kazza wrote:

I remember reading at the time that Abramovich would not have bought Chelsea if they hadn't qualified for the CL. (They beat Liverpool in the last game of the season to qualify ahead of us)

I honestly don't believe he would have bought us instead if we had won, but success does make a club more saleable imo.

However back to Dawsons point about attractive football, it may not have a great impact on ticket sales at a club like Liverpool, but I am sure it helps with sponsorship and shirt sales etc.

Most companies want to be associated with success and good football, not failure and poor football. Lucrative sponsorship deals will then in turn attract more interest from investors.

Square peg in a round hole.... Agree to disagree
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:25 pm

kazza wrote:Square peg in a round hole.... Agree to disagree

Fair enough mate, I honestly didn't expect to get a draw out of that one  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:38 pm

It absolutely astounds me that any fan can vote for the manager over those two imposters. Ok he's had a poor season but Rafa is the least of this Club's worries at the moment. Unless he resigns he'll still be here next season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:55 pm

stmichael wrote:It absolutely astounds me that any fan can vote for the manager over those two imposters. Ok he's had a poor season but Rafa is the least of this Club's worries at the moment. Unless he resigns he'll still be here next season.

While it doesn't astound me (I think they have something of an argument) I agree mate that the owners should be our priority and that its more than likely that Rafa will stay.

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:29 am

s@int wrote:

Maybe you are more like Rafa than you think  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:17 pm

kazza wrote:
s@int wrote:

Maybe you are more like Rafa than you think  :D

Injury time late winner from Kazza there !!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:40 pm

s@int wrote:
stmichael wrote:It absolutely astounds me that any fan can vote for the manager over those two imposters. Ok he's had a poor season but Rafa is the least of this Club's worries at the moment. Unless he resigns he'll still be here next season.

While it doesn't astound me (I think they have something of an argument) I agree mate that the owners should be our priority and that its more than likely that Rafa will stay.

Yes it's been a really poor season by our standards.

However what some fans seem to forget is that this was just a normal sort of season for us until Rafa arrived and highered all our expectations.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:45 pm

stmichael wrote:
s@int wrote:

However what some fans seem to forget is that this was just a normal sort of season for us until Rafa arrived and highered all our expectations.

No it wasnt.

We didnt get knocked out of the champions league in the groups under Houllier, and in the same season get knocked out of the FA cup at home to a side near the bottom of the league below.
We also had a far better record in the league cup.
Goin to Cardiff was a regular thing, FFS we havent even played at Wembley yet.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby DrPepe » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
stmichael wrote:
s@int wrote:

No it wasnt.

We didnt get knocked out of the champions league in the groups under Houllier, and in the same season get knocked out of the FA cup at home to a side near the bottom of the league below.
We also had a far better record in the league cup.
Goin to Cardiff was a regular thing, FFS we havent even played at Wembley yet.

2002-3 was a group stage CL ko and FA cup ko at home to c.palace... :angry:

of course we had the LC final win over the mancs to make up for it  :buttrock
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm

Exactly mate.

I think a poor season would be alot easier to stomach had we had a day out at wembley.

I was at that final against the mancs, got a ticket 5 minutes before ko for £80.
One of the best games i have been to as it was a final and we beat them.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion