Aly Cissokho- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:16 pm

metalhead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:11 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:07 pm wrote:Cissokho due back on the 5th of October ,possibly available for the Palace game ?

would he play instead of Enrique?

I don't know mate ,I wince at some of Jose's defensive play lately ,he just seems so indecisive.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:26 am

One of the few players in the side who wants to pass the ball and move. First Gerrard and now Enrique... You're a good lad red, but why on earth you think dropping two of our best players will improve us is beyond me.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Thought Enrique had a very good first half on Wednesday but fell asleep for the goal, Gut feeling is, BR is not the biggest fan of Enrique and won't be long before Cissokho is a regular starter for us this season
Doeboy

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Doeboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 pm wrote:Thought Enrique had a very good first half on Wednesday but fell asleep for the goal, Gut feeling is, BR is not the biggest fan of Enrique and won't be long before Cissokho is a regular starter for us this season

Rodgers is a fool if he doesn't rate Enrique. The lads got quality written all over him. I remember how amazed most people were with him when we signed him because we actually had a good left back who wasn't a tampon. :D

The lad's poor at marking from corners. We all know that, so why not stick him on a post? Crazy.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Doeboy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:38 pm wrote:Thought Enrique had a very good first half on Wednesday but fell asleep for the goal, Gut feeling is, BR is not the biggest fan of Enrique and won't be long before Cissokho is a regular starter for us this season

Yep. You don't sign Valencia's LB to serve as a bench player. And I Actually agree, Ali is a more complete player ,Jose handles his defensive tasks pretty well but he is a bit slow to react and a bit clumsy going forward. if Ali succeeds is another story but his skill sets are superior to Enriques.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:13 pm

enrique should be first choice lb for me, the guy is a great defender, has pace and dispossesses players with ease. sterling could do with a few lessons from him on how to get your body between the player and the ball.
we do need cover for enrique but imo cissokho is here to replace him and when fit will start ahead of enrique. the big question will be if he is an upgrade or not.
ive seen people comparing sakho to djimi but imo its this lad, tall stringy and it looks like his legs get in the way  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Don't think Enrique is the most intelligent footballer but uses (maybe over relies) his strength to defend well. But he breaks down the attacking play time and time again. I would like to see Cissokho given a few games when he is back to see if he can do better than Enrique.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:00 pm

StuYesThatStu » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 pm wrote:One of the few players in the side who wants to pass the ball and move. First Gerrard and now Enrique... You're a good lad red, but why on earth you think dropping two of our best players will improve us is beyond me.

I love Enrique mate,but his decision making and speed of thought when balls come into our box leave a lot to be desired ....and anyway I never mentioned
dropping Enrique, I said sometimes he makes me more nervous than letting an orderly with Tourettes shave my town halls....and I definitely never talked
about dropping Lucas  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:02 pm

I would give this guy a run-out in the midfield to be honest.

Not 90 minutes, but bring him on (for a few games) with 20 mins and see how he plays out on a wing. And assess from there.

Enrique isn't the league's best left back but is solid when it counts, so would keep him there at the moment.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:46 am

Cissokho was horrible for Valencia guys.

I would like to see him play a few games before suggesting to drop Enrique for this guy.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:57 am

I see he is back in training, hope he make the bench for Crystal Palace. I really want to see if he has anything to offer us.
killerp

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Playing tonight for the U21's ....on live now on lfctv.......been superb this half ,lovely assist for Brannagan ,and Ryan McLaughlin has been
brilliant .....cant be long before this kid makes the bench,and he's just made it 3-0 ,reserves on fire.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Our manager picked that over Enrique?

Never a footballer.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Enrique was out because of his minor surgery

Wasn't the greatest display but seen worse from Enrique in the past 12 months.
Benny The Noon

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Atrocious player, I don't think he got the ball fully under control even once
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion