All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:25 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/footba ... d=msedgdhp

Really don't think he will stay beyond the current contract myself. I'd say his next gig will be the German job.

Hopefully we can add at least another 2 titles in that time but he will need to be backed in the Market.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:03 am

Woof's German interview post is more accurate than anything being reported right now. If he stays for 9 years then he'll be the second longest serving manager since Bill. Who could ask for more?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:23 pm

I think a lot will probably depend on how the next four years go, I think he would find it very difficult to walk away from a team that’s winning prem titles and getting to CL finals etc. Wouldn’t surprise me if he took an extended break say from the end of May 2024 to the Christmas and then carried on again. That way he’d have the best part of a year off but only be missing from the sidelines for 4 months or so. Im sure transfer targets could be identified well in advance and left to Edwards et al to sort out over the summer, Lijnders and Krawietz could hold the fort until the New Year.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:28 am

Reg » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:03 am wrote:Woof's German interview post is more accurate than anything being reported right now. If he stays for 9 years then he'll be the second longest serving manager since Bill. Who could ask for more?

I hope we put a plan in place to replace him from within.

For too long we've ripped things up and started again. I want Klopp to stay for 10 years. And then for his number 2 to takeover and continue the dream.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:29 pm

I really like the 'seige mentality' that Klopp is talking up right now.

Everyone is out to get us. And every team is desperate to knock us off our perch. Hopefully the lads reflect this in the way they play.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Just read this from Mourinho.

Asked if Alli will be at Spurs by the end of the transfer window, Mourinho told Sky Sports News: "I believe [he will]. I can even say that I'm convinced that he will be."

Speaking at a press conference earlier on Wednesday afternoon, Mourinho said: "Something we all know [is that] since Dele arrived from MK Dons he had ups and downs: fabulous periods and other periods where he disappeared from the top-level performances."Under me, it was not different than before: moments where he was so good, moments where he was not so good.

"This lack of consistency, when it happens in a player, the normal situation when you have other good players in similar positions, it's normal that when you're in great form you play, when you're not in a good moment you don't play. It's as simple as that.

"Players have to prove on the pitch with their performances how good they are in that specific moment. So tomorrow he's selected, no decision yet on starting or being on the bench. But if he's on the pitch one minute or 90 minutes he has to show us. It's that simple.

"I always told you that he will have his opportunities, that [there's] no problem at all to have him and like every other player performances are very important. It's coming.

"He has a chance to play and it will be important for him to perform and every other player, when the squad becomes competitive in many positions, it's important for every player on the pitch to perform."

How lucky are we that we have a manager that would never dream of calling out one of his players in the press.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:03 am

It was recently the 5 year anniversary of Klopp taking over. The club put together a nice video of some key movements.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:02 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool manager has resigned!  He's taking his family home to Germany.

The Klopp's go back this weekend!

I'll get me coat...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:10 pm

Reg wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool manager has resigned!  He's taking his family home to Germany.

The Klopp's go back this weekend!

I'll get me coat...

:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Reg wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool manager has resigned!

Don’t even jest about that mate! Any joke that starts with that line is not funny!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:31 pm

You gave me a bad scare there, Reg
Franky000

Postby Boocity » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:21 pm

In his pre-match news conference today he is still going on about the 5 subs. I really don't know why as we just do not have the squad at the moment with all the injuries to make 5 good subs. We are not a City that have huge a squad of top players and its not as if we are dominating games to the extent that we could sub 5 players to rest first choice players. I wish he would stop the griping about it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Thoughts go out to the Gaffer today as his Ma passed. Has to be really tough for him as apparently he cant attend the funeral :down:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverp ... 808796.amp
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:53 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 pm wrote:Thoughts go out to the Gaffer today as his Ma passed. Has to be really tough for him as apparently he cant attend the funeral :down:

Thats terrible news  :down:
RIP Mrs Klopp.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:53 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 pm wrote:Thoughts go out to the Gaffer today as his Ma passed. Has to be really tough for him as apparently he cant attend the funeral :down:

Thats terrible news  :down:
RIP Mrs Klopp.

How fecked up has this year been  :help
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion