All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:24 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:30 pm wrote:What is everyone's opinion on Klopp's decision to boycott the replay match against Shrewsbury?

I personally strongly disagree, makes me kind of angry even that he's actually said that.

Did you know that back in the 60’s another manager missed a cup game and let the assistant manager do the stuff whilst he went away and watched another game - Bill Shankly

Come on man that's not the same. Being unwilling to postpone your expensive holiday for a few days along with a few players is a lot different than Shankly going to see another game, who made less money in his whole lifetime than an average player makes today in a week!

Some of the players that should play in the cup but are going on a break have basically been on holiday for the past month or two! I mean sure, have Henderson, Virgil, Firmino, Salah etc. take a break, but the likes of Fabinho and Matip haven't even been showing up for work while being injured for the past two months. The last thing those players need is a holiday, which they were going to get anyway, just a couple of days later than everyone else.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:51 pm

damjan193 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:06 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:24 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:30 pm wrote:What is everyone's opinion on Klopp's decision to boycott the replay match against Shrewsbury?

I personally strongly disagree, makes me kind of angry even that he's actually said that.

Did you know that back in the 60’s another manager missed a cup game and let the assistant manager do the stuff whilst he went away and watched another game - Bill Shankly

Come on man that's not the same. Being unwilling to postpone your expensive holiday for a few days along with a few players is a lot different than Shankly going to see another game, who made less money in his whole lifetime than an average player makes today in a week!

Some of the players that should play in the cup but are going on a break have basically been on holiday for the past month or two! I mean sure, have Henderson, Virgil, Firmino, Salah etc. take a break, but the likes of Fabinho and Matip haven't even been showing up for work while being injured for the past two months. The last thing those players need is a holiday, which they were going to get anyway, just a couple of days later than everyone else.

So what happens if one of those players gets injured in this replay ?

I really don’t care about the FA Cup - we have had cup wins over the past 30 years but it’s all about the league and the CL now - and if the manager wants them to all have a break to ensure they are fresh for the league and the CL then that’s good enough for me - I don’t see how we can critisize his decisions , he has proved time and time again ( in the face of critics including his own fans ) that he knows what he is doing

And what’s this “being unwilling to cancel expensive holiday” nonsense?! I’m not sure what their wages have to do with anything
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:53 am

Wages has a lot to do with it. They get paid a Sh*t load and they should show up to work when there are games to play. When there are no games when the season is over they can do whatever they like.

And let's not play this game because players might get injured is stupid reasoning. Then let's not play any senior players in any cup games, ever. The cup doesn't mean anything to you, fair enough, but it still does to most people, despite the fact that other competitions should get priority.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:54 am

damjan193 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:53 am wrote:Wages has a lot to do with it. They get paid a Sh*t load and they should show up to work when there are games to play. When there are no games when the season is over they can do whatever they like.

And let's not play this game because players might get injured is stupid reasoning. Then let's not play any senior players in any cup games, ever. The cup doesn't mean anything to you, fair enough, but it still does to most people, despite the fact that other competitions should get priority.

I think in a perfect world he plays a strong squad but considering it comes bang in the middle of their break I’m ok with prioritising team unity, physical and mental rest to really put the hammer down in the final stretch. There is so much pressure on the team to deliver or slip up again and going on holiday with their families will go along way of defusing that stress. Frankly too, the “kids” are good enough to beat  Shrewsbury on Anfield’s perfect pitch and I’m looking forward to watching them play.

Remember, although the match is four days into their holiday they will come back and train for a week before the next match, that means although they have a two week break they only go on holiday for the first week and the replay in in the middle of that week.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:59 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:51 am wrote:I really don’t care about the FA Cup - we have had cup wins over the past 30 years but it’s all about the league and the CL now - and if the manager wants them to all have a break to ensure they are fresh for the league and the CL then that’s good enough for me - I don’t see how we can critisize his decisions , he has proved time and time again ( in the face of critics including his own fans ) that he knows what he is doing

And what’s this “being unwilling to cancel expensive holiday” nonsense?! I’m not sure what their wages have to do with anything

I get tired of these childish comments "I really don't care about the ....."  FA cup or the League cup or the whatever..... it shows how fickle and choosie fans have become. We take ALL these cups seriously just as Shanks, Bob, Fagan and countless other past managers, players and fans did. We dominate the domestic and the CL. The FA Cup is more important that this World Cup Champion that suddenly we're told is the pinnacle.... because of the tv rights.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:14 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:59 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:51 am wrote:I really don’t care about the FA Cup - we have had cup wins over the past 30 years but it’s all about the league and the CL now - and if the manager wants them to all have a break to ensure they are fresh for the league and the CL then that’s good enough for me - I don’t see how we can critisize his decisions , he has proved time and time again ( in the face of critics including his own fans ) that he knows what he is doing

I get tired of these childish comments "I really don't care about the ....."  FA cup or the League cup or the whatever..... it shows how fickle and choosie fans have become. We take ALL these cups seriously just as Shanks, Bob, Fagan and countless other past managers, players and fans did. We dominate the domestic and the CL. The FA Cup is more important that this World Cup Champion that suddenly we're told is the pinnacle.... because of the tv rights.

Why is it a “childish” comment ?

We have waited 30 years to win the league and everything goes into that , winning the league year in year out was what made the club we are , that’s our bread and butter - domestic cups are a sideshow . Football has moved on - move on with it .
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:55 pm

It is a common mistake that those who devalue tradition don't understand it's significance.

We've all waited 30 years, there have been no sideshows it is unique, we all hunger for it.... I'm sure Rafa, Kenny, Keegan and Ron Yeats are as desperate as you and I.

Don't confuse tradition with frustration.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:51 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:55 pm wrote:It is a common mistake that those who devalue tradition don't understand it's significance.

We've all waited 30 years, there have been no sideshows it is unique, we all hunger for it.... I'm sure Rafa, Kenny, Keegan and Ron Yeats are as desperate as you and I.

Which tradition exactly are you talking about because traditions haven’t stated the importance of domestic cups - always been a secondary priority
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:51 pm wrote:
Reg » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:55 pm wrote:It is a common mistake that those who devalue tradition don't understand it's significance.

Which tradition exactly are you talking about because traditions haven’t stated the importance of domestic cups - always been a secondary priority

Secondary doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care about them. Yakka I seem to remember wasn’t overly bothered if we didn’t qualify for the knock out stage of last seasons CL as he demanded that we put all our eggs in one basket and go all out for the league title. Interesting just how that worked out. Prioritisation is one thing, dismissing is altogether something else and incredibly disrespectful.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:01 pm

CL is alongside the league as the competitions we have always taken pride in - it was always about European Cups and titles. Domestic cups were nice but secondary to the others.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:16 am

CL is a bonus for 4 lucky sides who qualify every season which until just recently has not included Liverpool.

The FA Cup is the highlight knock out competition for the other 92 English league clubs, to undermine it therefore or belittle it's significance is arrogant at best, extremely ignorant at worst.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:17 am

Reg » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:16 am wrote:CL is a bonus for 4 lucky sides who qualify every season which until just recently has not included Liverpool.

The FA Cup is the highlight knock out competition for the other 92 English league clubs, to undermine it therefore or belittle it's significance is arrogant at best, extremely ignorant at worst.

CL is a bonus ?!

What comes after the League on the Champions Wall - it is the pinnacle in Europe - do we wear a badge that says how many FA Cups we have won

You can drivel on but the FA Cup pales into significance behind the two main comps and that’s why teams putting out weaker teams in it
Attachments
FFC50726-9EF4-41A2-A99F-02BDF9CCAD36.jpeg
FFC50726-9EF4-41A2-A99F-02BDF9CCAD36.jpeg (130.32 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:17 am wrote:
Reg » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:16 am wrote:CL is a bonus for 4 lucky sides who qualify every season which until just recently has not included Liverpool.

CL is a bonus ?!

What comes after the League on the Champions Wall - it is the pinnacle in Europe - do we wear a badge that says how many FA Cups we have won

You can drivel on but the FA Cup pales into significance behind the two main comps and that’s why teams putting out weaker teams in it

Nobody is arguing about where the FA Cup comes in the pecking order. The club has never been so disrespectful or stupid enough to say they DON’T CARE about the FA Cup unlike yourself and that is the point of the debate that you simply fail to appreciate.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:25 pm

Sorry but sat in the stands today - not one person around me gives a Sh*t about the FA Cup - if we go , then great , if we don’t , no big issues. Season is bigger than the FA Cup
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:48 am

I think most supporters will certainly prioritize the other two competitions but not many will say the don’t care about the FA cup at all. I see it as a chance for the kids to impress at Anfield, which I am sure they will and for us supporters to watch and enjoy. The FA cup final is a big day in England and I hope we are playing in it in May but not at the expense of the PL or the CL.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion