ALBERTO AQUILANI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Seriously though - how can he pass a medical while he's injured?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:30 pm

no idea but downing managed it for Villa .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Effes wrote:Seriously though - how can he pass a medical while he's injured?

If Stewart Downing can do it, anyone can!  :D

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:
GYBS wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Does this mean then that Gerrard is being pulled back from his role as a striker, are we changing our system?

aqualini will just fit in next to masher but a bit mroe advanced so maybe rafa is ditching the two dm ideas and looking for a bit more attacking prowes from CM - hopefully this Aqualini will provide it . We will see if he is as good in real life as he is on FM  :;):   and if a few peoples views on him are correct

Is he good on FM? I uninstalled that last November. Never again I said!!! But then I still end up buying it every fecking year and playing a season.  :laugh:

no idea mate not played it for years
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Diego Ribas da Cunha » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:31 pm

As Italian, I have to say that Alberto is a very skilled and talented player, a very good midfielder who can both attck and defend.
His powerful shot is by far his best skill; at the begginnig of Serie A 2008/2009 he let us see a lot of wonderful shots; however, I would not  have bought him (especially at that price). I'm quite sure he won't be able to play more than 20 matches. I mean, 20 caps are the VERY best you can have from him in just one season.

Sorry for my english guys
Diego Ribas da Cunha

Postby Madmax » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:32 pm

kopite_1232002 wrote:distan  silva  aquilani  johnson IN

Alonso dosenna arby out.... 

We can dream

If that happened i would say no.19 is on its way... Fecking would be awesome!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:35 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Effes wrote:Seriously though - how can he pass a medical while he's injured?

If Stewart Downing can do it, anyone can!  :D

Hmmm- Im not convinced by this signing at all.

His fitness is such a big question mark.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Effes i was worried by it as well until someone mentioned that most of the roma team are always injured and there seems to be whispers in italy pointing towards the training methods and all these injuries started when Spalletti arrived ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:38 pm

we can all talk about his fitness but rafa isnt stupid, he knows hes only got a limited amount of spending money

i really dont think he will waste it

and anyway any big money move is a risks, torres was a risk, keane was apparantly less of a risk cause of his past prem experience

you gotta take risks
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Diego Ribas da Cunha » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 pm

GYBS wrote:Effes i was worried by it as well until someone mentioned that most of the roma team are always injured and there seems to be whispers in italy pointing towards the training methods and all these injuries started when Spalletti arrived ?

I don't believe neither Spalletti nor Roma training has something to do with his attitude to get injured.
It's an Aquilani problem, no other roma player are constantly out as him.
Last edited by Diego Ribas da Cunha on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diego Ribas da Cunha

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Hold on, if SSN are reporting 20 million, then that's probably in Euro and then again the d*ckheads are most likely to be just rounding it off to the nearest round figure like they usually do. Remember Torres was reported to have cost 26 million by them, when in reality it was really 18.7 or there abouts. Marca were spot on at the begining of the week when they said Alonso was going and the deal for Aquilani had already been agreed for something in the region of 15 million pounds, so I'd believe them before SSN. As for people freaking out over injuries and that, let's just wait and see as soon as he starts kicking a ball, eh? Rafa is not going to buy a player if he thinks he's going to be injured all the time. I'd like to think the man is more intelligent than that for christs sake.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 pm

exciting :buttrock
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Hold on, if SSN are reporting 20 million, then that's probably in Euro and then again the d*ckheads are most likely to be just rounding it off to the nearest round figure like they usually do. Remember Torres was reported to have cost 26 million by them, when in reality it was really 18.7 or there abouts. Marca were spot on at the begining of the week when they said Alonso was going and the deal for Aquilani had already been agreed for something in the region of 15 million pounds, so I'd believe them before SSN. As for people freaking out over injuries and that, let's just wait and see as soon as he starts kicking a ball, eh? Rafa is not going to buy a player if he thinks he's going to be injured all the time. I'd like to think the man is more intelligent than that for christs sake.

exactly, rafa aint that stupid

he must be convinced that his injuries are behind him
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 pm

Diego Ribas da Cunha wrote:
GYBS wrote:Effes i was worried by it as well until someone mentioned that most of the roma team are always injured and there seems to be whispers in italy pointing towards the training methods and all these injuries started when Spalletti arrived ?

I don't believe neither Spalletti nor Roma training has something to do with his attitude to get injured.
It's an Aquilani problem, no other roma player are constantly out as him.

If a player has a niggling issue with a groin or hamstring, then it's down to the manager on how to approach training a player on problems like these. They may not be that serious, but allow a player to constantly run on such injuries, as most player will want to play even if it's not serious but can turn out to be eventually (I know from experience myself as I used to do it) then it will become persistent. Hardly career threatening like the injuries Owen and Kewell had.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion