ADAM LALLANA Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:42 am

I'm praying that this falls through and we somehow end up signing Sanchez instead.

25m for Lallana? Have we not learnt ANYTHING from the past few years  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby stmichael » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:06 am

Makes me laugh when fans think they determine how much a player is worth before he's even kicked a ball for us like anybody actually cares what they think. If he scores 3 and makes 5 in his first 7 games, nobody will give a monkeys about the price tag. You can only judge value based on what he does.

Henderson was over-priced when he originally signed. After 3 seasons, it's become very good value indeed.

Lallana may be not the best player available but he's exactly what we need and perfect for how we play. His movement is superb and he scores more goals than any of our midfield players from open play.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:20 pm

stmichael » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:06 am wrote:Makes me laugh when fans think they determine how much a player is worth before he's even kicked a ball for us like anybody actually cares what they think. If he scores 3 and makes 5 in his first 7 games, nobody will give a monkeys about the price tag.

He may be not the best player available but he's exactly what we need and perfect for how we play. His movement is superb and he scores more goals than any of our midfield players from open play.

Charlie "His corners alone are worth....." Adam 7m
Makes me laugh when fans think they determine how much a player is worth before he's even kicked a ball for us like anybody actually cares what they think. If Adam scores 3 and makes 5 in his first 7 games, nobody will give a monkeys about the price tag. He may be not the best player available but he's exactly what we need and perfect for how we play. His [insert comment a here] and he scores more goals than [insert comment b here].

Iago "The same named parrot from f**king Aladdin can probably play better than this guy" Aspas 8m
Makes me laugh when fans think they determine how much a player is worth before he's even kicked a ball for us like anybody actually cares what they think. If Aspas scores 3 and makes 5 in his first 7 games, nobody will give a monkeys about the price tag. He may be not the best player available but he's exactly what we need and perfect for how we play. His [insert comment a here] and he scores more goals than [insert comment b here].

Fabio "headless chook" Borini 12m
Makes me laugh when fans think they determine how much a player is worth before he's even kicked a ball for us like anybody actually cares what they think. If Borini scores 3 and makes 5 in his first 7 games, nobody will give a monkeys about the price tag. He may be not the best player available but he's exactly what we need and perfect for how we play. His [insert comment a here] and he scores more goals than [insert comment b here].

Joe "Welsh Wizard" Allen 15m
Makes me laugh when fans think they determine how much a player is worth before he's even kicked a ball for us like anybody actually cares what they think. If Allen scores 3 and makes 5 in his first 7 games, nobody will give a monkeys about the price tag. He may be not the best player available but he's exactly what we need and perfect for how we play. His [insert comment a here] and he scores more goals than [insert comment b here].

Stuart "Donkey" Downing 20m
Makes me laugh when fans think they determine how much a player is worth before he's even kicked a ball for us like anybody actually cares what they think. If Downing scores 3 and makes 5 in his first 7 games, nobody will give a monkeys about the price tag. He may be not the best player available but he's exactly what we need and perfect for how we play. His [insert comment a here] and he scores more goals than [insert comment b here].

Andy "Ponytails" Carroll 35m!!!
Makes me laugh when fans think they determine how much a player is worth before he's even kicked a ball for us like anybody actually cares what they think. If Carroll scores 3 and makes 5 in his first 7 games, nobody will give a monkeys about the price tag. He may be not the best player available but he's exactly what we need and perfect for how we play. His [insert comment a here] and he scores more goals than [insert comment b here].

Oh mikey boy, that's only the last four years as well..........  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:36 am

only me » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:25 am wrote:

For 2 reasons:

1. He does much more then Allen on the attacking front ,much more skillful and has a great pitch vision
2. Gerrard isn't getting any younger ,and you will need to fill the void.

I hope you are right, I would have preferred someone a bit more physical.

Time will tell....
killerp

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:23 am

Happy with this signing and the fee.

Rodgers will train him on and improve him no end. He is a technically gifted lad with a good head on his shoulders.

Personally I have a feeling he will be boss for us given time.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 am

Official!. Welcome to the best club in the world lad!

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:17 am

this is a great buy, why? well he will fit right into the team. its almost as if he has been made for the way we are playing right.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:53 am

Great signing, suited to the way we play and can switch positions.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:28 pm

Brendan signs us Lallana! some will come on here and bad mouth the lad before he's kicked a ball. Well, we want the best players at this club and Lallana made the PFA team of the year, young and willing. England international. We can't ask for much more can we?

Welcome to the club.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby sidavies1970 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:29 pm

good signing, excited to see him in action in August
sidavies1970
LFC Basic Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:19 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:51 pm

At the end of the day we don't care about the price that is for the owners to worry about. We as fans want better players that will improve the team and he is a player that will make us better. Welcome to Liverpool FC
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:48 pm

^ +1 I would rather player of Adam's calibre coming in than to see the £££ locked up in the bank
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:06 pm

He was probably on top on my wish list before the transfer window began, so I'm glad we've signed him. Maybe we slightly overpaid but quality always requires top dollar.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:32 pm

He's a good player who will definitely improve the squad and probably improve our starting XI.

Will provide goals from central midfield (from open play) which we don't really have at the moment.  Fits the profile of young(ish) hungry players that Rodgers seems to like.

Is 25 mil too much?  Does feel that way, but lets see him play before we judge that.

The big question mark is can he perform after moving for that sort of money, or will it put pressure on him that he can't handle?  Only time will tell.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion