4th place goes to the champions league - From the fa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red or dead » Thu May 05, 2005 5:28 pm

official we must finish 4th to get back in the champions league just on bbc sport
red or dead

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu May 05, 2005 5:29 pm

Could see it coming really. We'll just have to win the UEFA Cup next season :)
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Thu May 05, 2005 5:33 pm

Do you know what i reckon we should put our reserves out on uefa see how they geton .Then just concentrate on the premiership,Fa Cup and league cup instead of getting our players injured for the league.I reckon we will finish 4th anyway.
joependo

Postby JC_81 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:48 pm

The FA have shot themselves in the foot

Everton won't make it past the qualifying round if they get 4th and will end up in the uefa with us.  Then we'll knock them out of that as well! :D
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Thu May 05, 2005 5:51 pm

Spineless sh1theads
PhiLFC

Postby paul9619 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:57 pm

Well at the end of the day we still would of had to have WON the Champions League which i think alot of people are forgetting we have NOT done yet.

And secondly the race for fourth is not over yet. If we beat Arsenal then it opens it up wide open again as everton still need to play Arsenal & Bolton.
paul9619

Postby PhiLFC » Thu May 05, 2005 6:14 pm

Yeah lets get the thing won and then we can stir it up.

Jesus though what an bunch of spineless w4nkers... what will the rest of Europe think?
PhiLFC

Postby simic_ie » Thu May 05, 2005 7:07 pm

In fairness to the FA it's UEFA's cop out that has caused this mess. If they had just given the Champions the right to defend their trophy then this wouldn't have happened. At the start of the season the FA said top 4 get the CL spots... if we don't finish in the Top 4 that's not the FA's fault.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtop19 » Thu May 05, 2005 7:11 pm

is it true that one of the board members that made the decision today is the BOLTON chairman?

look at the rules last year.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA....ces.htm
redtop19

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu May 05, 2005 7:17 pm

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE :veryangry :veryangry

The FA are bloody hypocrites. :veryangry

Last year they said that if Chelsea or Arsenal where to win the Champions League, then the 4th placed team (i.e us) would go directly into the UEFA cup.....How things change in 12 months eh :veryangry

Everton are having a season like Real sociedad had in Spain 2 years ago....Real Sociedad are back to where they belong, same will happen to Everton next season....

Everton will be an even bigger FAT JOKE next year when they get knoecked FLAT OUT in the qualifying round....

BWUAH!!  :veryangry
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu May 05, 2005 7:38 pm

john craig wrote:Everton won't make it past the qualifying round if they get 4th and will end up in the uefa with us.  Then we'll knock them out of that as well! :D

If they don't get past qualifiers, do they still play in UEFA Cup?

Can see a Everton or a Bolton get beaten by an eastern European team and put English football to shame. Who gives a f*uck? We will win CL this season. Next season we rightly should concentrate on the Premiership anyway. The gap between us and Chelsea this season is a bit embarassing.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Swordy » Thu May 05, 2005 7:41 pm

That's pathetic... there shouldn't be any question about the champions defending a trophy...

Oh well... Maybe they'll show the Everton CL games on the Paramount channel, with all the other comedy shows  :nod
Swordy

Postby L-type » Thu May 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Yes I remember AK Graz put together a run in the UEFA Cup, so i guess they would.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 05, 2005 8:39 pm

if this is how they want it, fine, we'll win the cup and show how stupid this rule is....besides, winning the Champions league will give us enough money to be out of it for a year
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu May 05, 2005 9:32 pm

F#ck the FA and their p1ss poor decisions, they will be the ones   emberassed when a club of their own can't defend the most prestigous trophy in Europe.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion