2nd Half or Plan B Failure ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:52 am

metalhead » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:41 pm wrote:It seems removing Gerrard is not a popular opinion ,nevertheless it is one I believe that would bear fruit eventually . Its no secret that leaving
Gerrard on for the 90 minutes is a complete head scratcher for most fans,I just think Gerrard offers very little as a defensive mid when this
worrying(but completely understandable given his age ) onset of fatigue takes hold.

I just believe mixing it up and making us more combative in the middle ,whilst introducing a more attack minded player to work the flanks would
offer us far more than what Gerrard is currently contributing to the second half. As for Gerrard making more interceptions and tackles than Lucas
in the second half ,with the best will and intentions in the world, this is at best imaginative to say the least.

Steven Gerrard is a great player and can still carry a game for possibly 50/60 minutes ,but suggesting his flagging energy levels do not aid and abet
our sudden demise as an attacking unit of any real potency ,then you're probably viewing the game through a kaleidoscope.

Its simply not practical playing Gerrard for the full 90 ,the fans know this ,so while Rodgers retains his rather dogmatic assertions that Gerrard is still a
major influence on the outcome of these games and insists he plays the full 90 mins ,the Kop sit nonplussed.

I'm sorry mate, but I absolutely disagree with you about Gerrard, I think it won't bear fruit taking him off the team because we would badly miss him. He still influences the game, even for 90 minutes, he carried Lucas against Aston Villa by saving his @rse a couple of times (especially one world class tackle to block a shot away) He still makes surging runs, contributes in attack and gets shot in. Please watch this video against the Mancs, and skip through the part he gets a tackle in against Welbeck, that's just absolutely world class from him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYz7BBxg0hA.

No problem mate ,this game is all about opinions ,and I've made mine known, without I think, being denigrating to a reds legend ,as for the clip MH
I don't need to view it, as I am usually one of the nonplussed I referred to sat in Anfield .  Its no secret to anyone Gerrard always raises his game
whenever  we play the Mancs ,but the Swansea game simply magnified the points concerning his overall stamina I detailed earlier.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:07 am

"It's only four games in, but we've had four tough games and we have only lost once in the last 16 games, so we are getting a level of consistency and that was the biggest thing for me.

"Coming here, there was no consistency in the performance and now we are just churning out wins and if we can't win we are drawing games with resilient performances like in the last 25 minutes at Swansea.

"But I believe we will get better and more fluent as the season goes on so we are happy to be there and it gives us a fight to stay there."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2fIg18Kn3
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook 

Some key words there that gives us an insight into what Rodgers wants.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 am

Kenny Kan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:07 am wrote:"It's only four games in, but we've had four tough games and we have only lost once in the last 16 games, so we are getting a level of consistency and that was the biggest thing for me.

"Coming here, there was no consistency in the performance and now we are just churning out wins and if we can't win we are drawing games with resilient performances like in the last 25 minutes at Swansea.

"But I believe we will get better and more fluent as the season goes on so we are happy to be there and it gives us a fight to stay there."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2fIg18Kn3
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook 

Some key words there that gives us an insight into what Rodgers wants.

Yeah, there's definite positives. Dosen't really matter how we do it, blood, sweat, tears, good luck, any of those. So long as we're at the top and staying there.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Quite weird how our best performance this season overall in terms of controlling a game was probably at Old Trafford when we lost.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion