Bittersweet - The joy of failure

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:42 am

You know the term "S&M" right? The whole pleasure/pain, sadism/masochism, carrot/stick and all the rest. Someone else, on another thread used this phrase "Bittersweet" and it really struck a nerve. To love this football team at the moment, you have to understand, and embrace, this phrase. For instance, after that week where it looked like we had exchanged all of our players for a bunch of pillocks, how good were the wins against Fulham and Charlton? How exciting was the last minute win against Olympiakos? Or the one against the @rse? Imagine how you will feel on the last day of the season if we snatch that fourth place spot in the last minute of injury time against Villa?

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to be in the position that @rse were in last season, but I love the thrill that we get at this club. When we win, it's amazing. This club is one hell of an emotional rollercoaster, and I love it. Oh, I'm sure other clubs go through something similar, but LFC has to be the most turbulant.

Call me crazy if you like (and I'm almost sure that you will) but this game against Bayer, is the perfect example of the anxiety that must be embraced at this club. Will we win? Will we lose? Will it be a climactic finish, or a will it have fizzled out by the half? Goals galore or a stalemate? Aren't you just dying of anticipation?

Maybe these ideas sound  :alien:  to you (I've been trying to work in that Smilie for ages), but I love it. How about you guys?

:upside:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:31 am

I love the excitement of supporting Liverpool, but I'd trade all the downs for ups anyday.  I'd love to see them back up seriously challenging for the Premiership and Champions League, and giving my wee heart a rest from all the adrenaline which floods it on match day.

But hey, this is football - it's passion, excitement, everything you can't put into words.  And Liverpool FC is worth all the anguish.

YNWA
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion