Cisse - a failure? - Exchange him for andy cole!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:00 pm

Cisse is a 20 goal a season man when played
Andy Cole WTF just coz he and Vassell linked up well against villa
he misses more then he scores..
*_Ruthless_*

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:24 pm

While i wouldn't have been doing cartwheels (far from it) had we signed Andy Cole in the summer i am a little jealous of Stu Pearce and Man.City because they have managed to stumble across something that is very rare in football - A front pair who simply hit it off together. Cole and Vassell seem to know what the other is doing, call it telepathy if you like but they are a genuine partnership who play off one another superbly.

We desperately need some of that but i can't really see much of a partnership developing between any of our strikers at the moment. I know this has a lot to do with Rafa's preference for playing one-up a lot of the time. Saying that i have not seen any real hint of an understanding between any of our front men. Morientes and Cisse haven't really hit it off as yet.

I still believe that a Crouch-Pongo partnership could work (i know i keep saying this) if given the chance. Is Pongo injured at the moment?

I'm not Cole's biggest fan but i thought he had a couple of solid seasons at Fulham. He goes into my dream team every season (coz he's cheap as cheddar) and always picks up points. He's an underated player.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:51 am

Scottbot wrote:While i wouldn't have been doing cartwheels (far from it) had we signed Andy Cole in the summer i am a little jealous of Stu Pearce and Man.City because they have managed to stumble across something that is very rare in football - A front pair who simply hit it off together. Cole and Vassell seem to know what the other is doing, call it telepathy if you like but they are a genuine partnership who play off one another superbly.

We desperately need some of that but i can't really see much of a partnership developing between any of our strikers at the moment. I know this has a lot to do with Rafa's preference for playing one-up a lot of the time. Saying that i have not seen any real hint of an understanding between any of our front men. Morientes and Cisse haven't really hit it off as yet.

I still believe that a Crouch-Pongo partnership could work (i know i keep saying this) if given the chance. Is Pongo injured at the moment?

I'm not Cole's biggest fan but i thought he had a couple of solid seasons at Fulham. He goes into my dream team every season (coz he's cheap as cheddar) and always picks up points. He's an underated player.

isnt he in his early 30's though?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:56 am

Yes, and he's as patchy as a brownie's quilt.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:05 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Yes, and he's as patchy as a brownie's quilt.

i guess by that statement you have one of those quilts  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alhamaly » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:41 am

He is strong and fast but his skill is very bad but at the moment he is the best striker in our team.
alhamaly

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:45 pm

He's average at best.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:30 pm

Cisse = strong and fast but has no technique = not that good of a striker
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:08 am

A.B. wrote:Cisse = strong and fast but has no technique = not that good of a striker

is his record for lfc 1 goal every 2 games
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion