Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 am

Not sure if you caught it Laza but "Chance" was another superb show last year, deffo a "must watch"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:23 am

Cheers Woof, I haven't seen it yet but its on the list :)

Also trying to get into Six as well , the first episode didn't really grab me but I'm big fan of Walton Goggins from Justified.

So I persevere after I finished with Berlin Station

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Walton Goggins   :buttrock . He was brilliant in Justified

Enjoyed "Six" Laza, perhaps not the greatest of shows, took me some time adjusting to Goggins character/role but the show does get better as it progresses, I'll deffo watch the next season of it.

On Goggins, had a good laugh at Goggins in the comedy "Vice Principals"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 am

Just wanted to add my 2 cents that subscribing to Netflix is quite a good deal. I think you are allowed 3 devices on one subscription or something like that. So if you have a friend/ a relative to share a subscription, it's really worth it. Used to dl stuff. But nowadays been just very busy and almost all my torrent sites are shutdown. Streaming from Netflix with a click of a button is really convenient, especially when it comes to older shows that I want to watch from season 1. Been watching the Flash from season 1.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am wrote:Just wanted to add my 2 cents that subscribing to Netflix is quite a good deal. I think you are allowed 3 devices on one subscription or something like that. So if you have a friend/ a relative to share a subscription, it's really worth it. Used to dl stuff. But nowadays been just very busy and almost all my torrent sites are shutdown. Streaming from Netflix with a click of a button is really convenient, especially when it comes to older shows that I want to watch from season 1. Been watching the Flash from season 1.

:nod , A work colleague has shared her subscription with Mrs Woof   :buttrock ,

I've just gotta figure out how to get Mrs Woofs IPad to play via our tv.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:28 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:34 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am wrote:Just wanted to add my 2 cents that subscribing to Netflix is quite a good deal. I think you are allowed 3 devices on one subscription or something like that. So if you have a friend/ a relative to share a subscription, it's really worth it. Used to dl stuff. But nowadays been just very busy and almost all my torrent sites are shutdown. Streaming from Netflix with a click of a button is really convenient, especially when it comes to older shows that I want to watch from season 1. Been watching the Flash from season 1.

Invest in a smart TV woof. Now they are relatively cheap and their processors gave been improving so that they are as fast as your mobiles/ ipads. I recently bought a Panasonic one to replace my Samsung that went kaput after only 5 years of use. 49", 4k resoloution and HDR, bought it for like equivalent of 550 British pounds. 2017 model, dont buy the latest they are not worth it. Once you connect it to your wifi they are good to go. Mine even came with a dedicated netflix button on the remote  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:28 pm wrote:

Invest in a smart TV woof. Now they are relatively cheap and their processors gave been improving so that they are as fast as your mobiles/ ipads. I recently bought a Panasonic one to replace my Samsung that went kaput after only 5 years of use. 49", 4k resoloution and HDR, bought it for like equivalent of 550 British pounds. 2017 model, dont buy the latest they are not worth it. Once you connect it to your wifi they are good to go. Mine even came with a dedicated netflix button on the remote  :D

Cheers Mags, the investigation begins    :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 am

maguskwt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:49 pm wrote:Just wanted to add my 2 cents that subscribing to Netflix is quite a good deal. I think you are allowed 3 devices on one subscription or something like that. So if you have a friend/ a relative to share a subscription, it's really worth it. Used to dl stuff. But nowadays been just very busy and almost all my torrent sites are shutdown. Streaming from Netflix with a click of a button is really convenient, especially when it comes to older shows that I want to watch from season 1. Been watching the Flash from season 1.

While compared to US Netflix library we are still street behinds here in Australia

I have to say though Netflix certainly has lifted its game here this year. Compared to last year where you cancelled after a months subscription as you watched everything and then re-joined six months later for another month.

Like you with the lose of torrent sites, Im going to be investing in a new Telly to watch  Netflix  on big screen rather then PC one
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:48 am

maguskwt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:28 pm wrote:

I bought an apple TV device for my netflix, itunes and amazon prime apps.

Really good and not too costly, payed 200 euros for it.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 pm

That's a good idea too MH. Does it have football streaming services? I'm looking for a way to get rid of my cable subscription...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:19 pm

maguskwt » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 am wrote:That's a good idea too MH. Does it have football streaming services? I'm looking for a way to get rid of my cable subscription...

I wish!!!

I pay around 50 to 60 euros per month for cable. Going to get rid of it, I just prefer streaming it.

Hopefully in the near future Streaming apps like Netflix & Amazon prime will start putting in live stream channels. I hope! or maybe any other streaming apps.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:26 am

metalhead » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:19 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 am wrote:That's a good idea too MH. Does it have football streaming services? I'm looking for a way to get rid of my cable subscription...

I wish!!!

I pay around 50 to 60 euros per month for cable. Going to get rid of it, I just prefer streaming it.

Hopefully in the near future Streaming apps like Netflix & Amazon prime will start putting in live stream channels. I hope! or maybe any other streaming apps.

Yes I am amazed that consumers doesn't seem to have much choice when it comes to football and epl but to subscribe to cable. Must be because of those TV networks monopolizing the business. Here in Singapore, the TV networks bid over the top money to get exclusive rights to EPL... and guess who pays for the increase of their bids? I know there are some official streaming services but they do not seem to broadcast all the matches. What if Liverpool matches are not shown... I just want to be able to stream whichever match I want to watch at my own time, is that too much to ask at this day and age?  :laugh:

Time to write to the richest man alive, Jeff Bezos, for some business suggestion?  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Got my Netflix working via my tv , the  original subscriber gave me necessary details.

Didn't have to buy any extra's just Googled Netflix and logged in  :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:45 am

woof woof ! » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:38 pm wrote:Got my Netflix working via my tv , the  original subscriber gave me necessary details.

Didn't have to buy any extra's just Googled Netflix and logged in  :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

:laugh:  :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Woof this ones for you fella ,its completely nutz but its addictive

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum