Twenty/20 world cup - Cricket tournament in wi

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Boocity » Tue May 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Anyone watch Englands game last night against the Windies, we lost due to the D/L method.

At the beginning of England's innings they said they picked Ryan Sidebottom over Anderson as he would get more wickets, he then goes and gets hit for 15 off the first over. Seeing as it was odds on that the rain was going to come in and it could well go down to D/L then the main tactic should have been keeping it the runs down in the first couple of overs not going for wickets. Bad tactics if you ask me.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby franciscosalzer » Thu May 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Haven't watched the game, thanks for the news... affiliate amazon affiliate to gain more knowledge on earning money online
Last edited by franciscosalzer on Fri May 07, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Francisco Salzer
franciscosalzer

Postby Boocity » Tue May 11, 2010 10:39 am

England through to Semis, looking like they will play either Sri Lanka or India.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 16, 2010 7:49 pm

England win - Get in there
Benny The Noon

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun May 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:England (i.e. South Africa) win - Get in there

:D

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:England (i.e. South Africa) win - Get in there

:D

Don't forget the Irish lad lol
Benny The Noon

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Wed May 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Tournament started as a farce for us with that poxy D/L method and then the rain canceling out the Ireland game all together.

But once we got weather than the Caribbean is famous for, we showed our true class. Once it got to twenty overs a side, we steam rolled everybody. Never once looked in danger, and we beat the so called top sides.

Top order scored runs, middle order blasted boundries and the bowlers took wickets. Can't ask for much more from a twenty/20 side. That's the way it should be played. Kieswetter and Lumb constantly getting us off to a good start, KP back to his best, Morgan finishing the innings in style. Bresnan and Sidebottom with the new ball caused problems, Yardy and Swann's spin tromertised the opposition and Broad's variation of pace was dangerous.

Fielding was outstanding for once, been some time since we fielded that well. Was as good as South Africa at their fielding best.

The final itself was a beast, just ripped their top order to shreads and though their middle order of the two Husseys and White got a decent total for them, we were always comfortable. Lumb's early exit didn't phase us, as Kieswetter and Pietersen just knocked the runs off only for both to get out and allow Colly and Morgan to bring it home. And was good to see Colly hit the winning runs.

Celebrations afterwards were a joy.

Roll on Bangladesh now, who'll hopefully pose more of a threat than the Aussies did. And then we've got a few one dayers against the Aussies and a series against Pakistan before the Ashes where we defend our urn. Be interesting to see if any of the twenty/20 heroes get a run out in the longer forms of the game, should see a few in the 50 over game at least.
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby soccerphase » Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm

in this thread i just want to say this
england  is a very good team. and i am very happy to see england to win his first world cup and lots of congratulation to hole england team

England You Rocks

Thanks
soccerphase

Return to General Chat Forum