The United Kingdom

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 22, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm now officially disgusted with my country and some of the people who are allowed to leave here.

A young man killed just because he is in the military !! In his own f*cking country by two Islamic people.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 pm

What if they were born here?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 pm

This murder was barbarous and disgusting but it was nothing to do with Islam.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:47 am

It was a horrible thing that they did, but he had a point about one thing; that Sh*t happens in their country every day. So you can't be "officially disgusted" with your country because there are far worse.

And don't try to blame it on Islam, it had nothing to do with it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 am

This happend around 5 minutes from my home.

It was done because "it happens all the time in their country" It was Islm related they were shouting Arabic and religous views seconds before the attack.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 23, 2013 11:52 am

fivecups » Wed May 22, 2013 10:35 pm wrote:This murder was barbarous and disgusting but it was nothing to do with Islam.

Second that.

These guys are scum and don't care about the suffering of Islam followers.  They're just twisted f**ks seeking attention.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 23, 2013 12:05 pm

LFC1990 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 am wrote:This happend around 5 minutes from my home.

It was done because "it happens all the time in their country" It was Islm related they were shouting Arabic and religous views seconds before the attack.

It Islam related because they were self professed Muslims but does it represent the mainstream majority of Islam? No.

Just like the mainstream Christian British public are not EDL nut jobs and the Irish Catholic public aren't all members of the IRA.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu May 23, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu May 23, 2013 1:36 pm

I've no idea if they are really follow Islam or not but what that guy said to the camera was consistent with radical
islamic fundamentalists. This could well have been a pair of nutters just trying to stir the pot. But in 2007
police arrested some guys in Birmingham who were intending to abduct and behead a British soldier so people like this
do exist.

What dissapoints me is the lack of education within the Muslim communities. We have a generation of kids growing
up with hatred towards western nations and they don't know of a non violent way to deal with their disagreement of our foreign policy.

All these extremist preachers like Abu Hamza, Anjem Choudry no doubt hold positons of influence and most likley
operate out of Mosques based in the UK. Mosques in which children recieve some sort of education. The communities should be ousting them
and their Saudi based intrepretatons of the Quarn.

The goverment also needs to admit it's foreign policy isn't working and is affecting our way of life here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 23, 2013 2:32 pm

tubby » Thu May 23, 2013 12:36 pm wrote:I've no idea if they are really follow Islam or not but what that guy said to the camera was consistent with radical
islamic fundamentalists. This could well have been a pair of nutters just trying to stir the pot. But in 2007
police arrested some guys in Birmingham who were intending to abduct and behead a British soldier so people like this
do exist.

What dissapoints me is the lack of education within the Muslim communities. We have a generation of kids growing
up with hatred towards western nations and they don't know of a non violent way to deal with their disagreement of our foreign policy.

All these extremist preachers like Abu Hamza, Anjem Choudry no doubt hold positons of influence and most likley
operate out of Mosques based in the UK. Mosques in which children recieve some sort of education. The communities should be ousting them

The goverment also needs to admit it's foreign policy isn't working and is affecting our way of life here.
Just because Bin Laden happened to be Saudi Arabian it doesn't make the root cause of Islamic fundamentalism Saudi based. Saudi Arabia employs Sharia law but in no way does it sponsor or promote extremist views against the west.

Saudi Arabia is an ally of the west, it easily the safest middle eastern country I have visited. No hostility to westerners whatsoever.

If anything I would say that the root cause of these extremist views are Iran and Pakistan.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Can you not remember the bombings in the US compounds in recent years in Dharhan.
Benny The Noon

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 1:46 pm wrote:Can you not remember the bombings in the US compounds in recent years in Dharhan.

The bombings are hardly an example of the roots of Islamic extremism being in Saudi. If anything its a result of the increasing popularity of Islamic extremism in young Muslims.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 3:12 pm

My parents lived in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain for 20 years and there is lot of extremist problems there as well as civil liberties issues. It's far from "pro western"
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm wrote:
tubby » Thu May 23, 2013 12:36 pm wrote:I've no idea if they are really follow Islam or not but what that guy said to the camera was consistent with radical
do exist.

Just because Bin Laden happened to be Saudi Arabian it doesn't make the root cause of Islamic fundamentalism Saudi based. Saudi Arabia employs Sharia law but in no way does it sponsor or promote extremist views against the west.

Saudi Arabia is an ally of the west, it easily the safest middle eastern country I have visited. No hostility to westerners whatsoever.

If anything I would say that the root cause of these extremist views are Iran and Pakistan.

I'm not talking about Bin Laden. I'm talking about their brand of Islam, their interpretations which are now taught over here and are helping to brainwash people.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 23, 2013 3:57 pm

tubby » Thu May 23, 2013 2:20 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm wrote:
do exist.

I'm not talking about Bin Laden. I'm talking about their brand of Islam, their interpretations which are now taught over here and are helping to brainwash people.
Their "brand", as you put it, is conservative not extremist. I travel to Saudi regularly and the mainstream citizens are not taught any interpretation of Islam that encourages jihadism towards the west.

Like all societies there will be a minority who are an exception but on the whole Saudi is not the root of this type of teaching.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum