The United Kingdom

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby tubby » Thu May 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Travelling in and out of Saudi region doesn't make you an expert on it mate. I spent 8 years living in both Dubai and Oman. Not saying you are wrong but that region has played a part in all this too.

Al quedas roots lay in the Saudi region. This includes principally it's aims to drive Americans and American influence out of all Muslim nations, destroy Israel; and topple pro-Western dictatorships around the Middle East.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:33 pm

I knew that you guys were going to turn this around into another anti-Islam thread. So what's your solution, bomb them some more? You guys know that there are Muslim posters here right?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu May 23, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm not posting anything anti muslim. On the contrary some of my closest friends here are Muslim so shut up you mug.  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:51 pm

It really doesn't look that way tub.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu May 23, 2013 5:03 pm

damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:51 pm wrote:It really doesn't look that way tub.

If it looks that way to you mate then I'm afraid your perception of things is warped. I don't have anything against Muslims. But I do have something against those who choose to mis interpret their religion in the name of violence.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:09 pm

I'll always be skeptical about anyone whose first input into a thread about a young lad butchered to death by Muslim extremists while going about his daily business includes the words "but the guy [who committed the murder] has a point". I have no apologies -- none -- for expressing contempt toward a person who wants to p!ss on a thread about a tragedy by mentioning that this kind of thing happens in other parts of the world.

To those who say this has "nothing to do with Islam", perhaps what they really mean to say is this has nothing to do with mainstream Islam or their own interpretation of Islam. We've seen the videos, read the eyewitness statements and there's no doubting that the perpetrators of this horrific act of violence were acting in the name of a religion, and that religion is Islam.

It doesn't mean we should "blame" Islam. But we should be placing this in the context of the threat of Islamic extremism that has grown to become one of the world's major challenges over the last 30 years. There is, at this point in history, a major problem with international terrorism and a significant part of it comes from the Muslim community. If we don't accept that, we may as well just give up on common sense altogether and the security services keeping you and everybody else on here safe would be better of focussing their efforts of detection and prevention on the Zoroastrian community and the blue rinse brigade.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Well said.
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 pm

LFC2007 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:09 pm wrote:I'll always be skeptical about anyone whose first input into a thread about a young lad butchered to death by Muslim extremists while going about his daily business includes the words "but the guy [who committed the murder] has a point". I have no apologies -- none -- for expressing contempt toward a person who wants to p!ss on a thread about a tragedy by mentioning that this kind of thing happens in other parts of the world.

To those who say this has "nothing to do with Islam", perhaps what they really mean to say is this has nothing to do with mainstream Islam or their own interpretation of Islam. We've seen the videos, read the eyewitness statements and there's no doubting that the perpetrators of this horrific act of violence were acting in the name of a religion, and that religion is Islam.

It doesn't mean we should "blame" Islam. But we should be placing this in the context of the threat of Islamic extremism that has grown to become one of the world's major challenges over the last 30 years. There is, at this point in history, a major problem with international terrorism and a significant part of it comes from the Muslim community. If we don't accept that, we may as well just give up on common sense altogether and the security services keeping you and everybody else on here safe would be better of focussing their efforts of detection and prevention on the Zoroastrian community and the blue rinse brigade.

Don't make a quarrel out of everything man. I wasn't referring to the murder, I was referring to Benny's statement that he's "officially disgusted" with his country. I do nothing but condemn the murderer, and I'm not saying that he killed the boy for the right reasons (there is no such thing), but it's a fact that things like that happen in 3rd world countries on daily basis, and I just used the killers statement to tell Benny that he's overreacting.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu May 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed May 22, 2013 9:56 pm wrote:I'm now officially disgusted with my country and some of the people who are allowed to leave here.

A young man killed just because he is in the military !! In his own f*cking country by two Islamic people.

"Islamic people"!
Eagle

Postby LFC1990 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Islamic people

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 10:44 pm

damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 pm wrote:
LFC2007 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:09 pm wrote:I'll always be skeptical about anyone whose first input into a thread about a young lad butchered to death by Muslim extremists while going about his daily business includes the words "but the guy [who committed the murder] has a point". I have no apologies -- none -- for expressing contempt toward a person who wants to p!ss on a thread about a tragedy by mentioning that this kind of thing happens in other parts of the world.

Don't make a quarrel out of everything man. I wasn't referring to the murder, I was referring to Benny's statement that he's "officially disgusted" with his country. I do nothing but condemn the murderer, and I'm not saying that he killed the boy for the right reasons (there is no such thing), but it's a fact that things like that happen in 3rd world countries on daily basis, and I just used the killers statement to tell Benny that he's overreacting.

You think I'm overreacting that im disgusted that a guy who has served and protected his country was murdered in cold blood just walking down his own street by two guys using Islam extremist view to justify their actions. Trust me my reactions quite calm compared to what a lot of people of doing.

I know exactly what happens in other countries because I have witnessed plenty of other incidents of extremist views where people have suffered and prob witnessed sights that you wouldn't want to see in your worst nightmare.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Eagle » Thu May 23, 2013 9:13 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed May 22, 2013 9:56 pm wrote:I'm now officially disgusted with my country and some of the people who are allowed to leave here.

A young man killed just because he is in the military !! In his own f*cking country by two Islamic people.

"Islamic people"!

People who follow the religion of Islam
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 10:44 pm wrote:You think I'm overreacting that im disgusted that a guy who has served and protected his country was murdered in cold blood just walking down his own street by two guys using Islam extremist view to justify their actions. Trust me my reactions quite calm compared to what a lot of people of doing.

I know exactly what happens in other countries because I have witnessed plenty of other incidents of extremist views where people have suffered and prob witnessed sights that you wouldn't want to see in your worst nightmare.

I think that you're overreacting to the overall situation in your country, not to the murder. As bad as the murder is, you can't be disgusted by your country because of a single incident.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu May 23, 2013 11:51 pm

damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 10:44 pm wrote:You think I'm overreacting that im disgusted that a guy who has served and protected his country was murdered in cold blood just walking down his own street by two guys using Islam extremist view to justify their actions. Trust me my reactions quite calm compared to what a lot of people of doing.

I think that you're overreacting to the overall situation in your country, not to the murder. As bad as the murder is, you can't be disgusted by your country because of a single incident.

I find your use of the word overreacting somewhat strange. You overreacted quite strongly to the fact when it was correctly pointed out that the two murderers were Islams and preached their faith after committing an atrocity of such vile nature almost unheard of on the streets of England. These people were fanatics. Every faith has them and it will never change. Nobody from what I have read is suggesting that everybody that preaches Islam shares the same views as these two cowardly dillusional murderers.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu May 23, 2013 11:58 pm

damjan193 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:26 pm wrote:

I can be disgusted with the country because of this incident ( and I am ) but don't you dare make any suggestions of overreacting to what's happen
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum