Leeds united

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:46 am

Its good to see Leeds still have a high level of respect amongst fans and it would only make the PL stronger to have them back. Forest without Cloughie? Sounds like gin without tonic. They've been out of the top flight for many, many years and whereas Leeds are a club and brand in whom you could invest, I wouldnt invest a penny in Forest. Will Forest ever have the financial strength to get back into the top flight? I doubt it. (Forest record this season, played 4, won 0....).

But the current prospects to come up into the PL next year, Coventry, Watford or Bristol City... god help us all....  :(
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:57 am

I reckon the potential is there for Forest Reg, their fanbase and history are enough to ensure this IMO.
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:11 pm

I live a few miles from the City Ground (Forest), and I've never been in. I've driven past it, but I just have never had any desire to go and watch that sh*t, even when they were a big team.

There's a bit of a rivalry with the other team in Nottingham - Notts County (their grounds are just about as close as the bitters and ours), and the soft c*nts just throw the "Weve got 2 European Cups" sh*t at everyone, thinking it'll shut them up.
(If you tell them you're a Liverpool fan, they go all white then start with th personal insults.)

They're just :censored:, simply.

Having said all that..... I'd much rather them be back in the Premiership than those cheating, dirty b*starding c*nts Leeds. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:19 pm

"Weve got 2 European Cups" sh*t at everyone, thinking it'll shut them up.
(If you tell them you're a Liverpool fan, they go all white then start with th personal insults.)

Well, I'd do the same if I was them, meaning singing the 2 cups thingy. You would too! :D The bit I don't like of course is they do not have the proper respect to Liverpool.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:28 pm

liverpool v leeds games were the biggest games in english football in the early to mid 70`s.
they really were massive games and often had a big say in the destination of the title.
united were :censored: in those days and actually went down.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Said it before and I wilkl say it again, would rather play LEeds than:

Wigan
Fulham
Boro
Birmingham
Bolton
Reading
Watford
Charlton
Portsmouth
Derby

without a doubt.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:52 pm

Leeds back at anfield yes great for the supporters rivalry

But dont forget back in the day leeds had great players on the pitch, we all used to look forward to the leeds v liverpool games i think leeds back in the prem would be just like playing bolton /bora /derby the class is not there . I hate wise anyway
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:31 pm

I wouldn't mind Leeds coming back up if only for them to keep their "dirty b@astards" rep and throw a few tackles into the likes of the Drogba's and Ronaldo's. Not only this, but at least it will give the Forrest fans to rhetort to that anyone chant from the Mancs. "Two times, we've won it two times!" Well, so have f*ckin forrest. Get over yourselves.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:08 am

I was disappointed when Watford came up instead of them last season, TBH.  They're a club we have history with, which always makes it more interesting.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:27 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I live a few miles from the City Ground (Forest), and I've never been in. I've driven past it, but I just have never had any desire to go and watch that sh*t, even when they were a big team.

There's a bit of a rivalry with the other team in Nottingham - Notts County (their grounds are just about as close as the bitters and ours), and the soft c*nts just throw the "Weve got 2 European Cups" sh*t at everyone, thinking it'll shut them up.

They're just :censored:, simply.

Having said all that..... I'd much rather them be back in the Premiership than those cheating, dirty b*starding c*nts Leeds. :D

I've been to the City ground years ago to watch Forest and Spurs. I actually met Stuart Pearce after the game as the bloke I went with went to school with Pearce.

But like you Lando I'd rather Forest back in the big time than Leeds.

Lando is it true Nottingham has 4 women to 1 man there, and that the night life their is pretty good, full of pubs and clubs >
66-1112520797

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:00 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Lando is it true Nottingham has 4 women to 1 man there, and that the night life their is pretty good, full of pubs and clubs >

woah... now that, if it's true, is something...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:52 pm

It would be definitely better if the likes of Forest and Leeds were back in the Premiership as there are some no mark clubs out there, particularly the likes of Wigan.

I don't feel that sorry for Leeds though, they gambled big time and now are losing, big time.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum