Leeds united

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:41 am

I know the more tribal members of the forum wont be able to comment with anything even half intelligent, however as a resident old tw@t who remembers the days of Billy Bremner, Jackie Charlton, Gary Sprake and the other golden era Leeds players, its good to see them on the mend.

Played 5, won 5 and zero points! UK football needs the likes of Leeds to ensure its ongoing strength and success and seeing their demise due to O'Leary's disasterous period as manager was a crime to be believed, g@d knows how the fans have dealt with it.

Lets hope they keep up the progress and maybe some time in the future we'll see them back at Anfield causing us all kinds of problems again. 

Dennis Wise is a horrible little sh!t, but gotta give the guy credit for what he's doing.  :nod
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:00 am

a mate of mine played for leeds in the 70s, dave mcniven. we still email each other on occasion and he feels its sad whats happening there now.

anyway they are doing what is required of them on the pitch an winning games.

its sad to see some of these big clubs struggling, like leeds and forest, although in the 70s i would have given anything to see them go down    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Woollyback » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:48 am

couldn't give a monkeys about them tbh, and i'd love to see dennis wise get the sack and be riddled with herpes for the rest of his sh*tty little life. and yes, i'm old enough to remember leeds in the 70's - and they were a set of dirty b@stards back then as well.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:43 am

Dirty, dirty Leeds. I hope they sink, but fair play, they're winning.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:18 pm

I guess I got the response I expected............ :-)

But better to have a battling Leeds than half the teams at the bottom of the premiership.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:28 pm

Reg wrote:I guess I got the response I expected............ :-)

But better to have a battling Leeds than half the teams at the bottom of the premiership.

Reg, is that the same David O'Leary who took Leeds to the Champions League Semi and 2nd in the League?
He cannot be faulted for what he did with Leeds, remember he got the sack for finishing 4th!!
It was the Business side of the club that was run in a cavalier fashion by Peter Ridsdale and his mates..... They showed their football knowledge when they sacked O'Leary and it began to go downhill from there.
I'm no lover of Leeds, I live in the city and can't stand 'em, but looking at it from a pure football point of view it's quite amazing what they're managing right now....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:45 pm

hope they get back in the premiership to be honest. Them and Nottm Forest, no matter how much we hate them they should be in the premiership instead of the likes of Bolton, Wigan and Boro who can't fill stadiums. Leeds and Nottm Forest would actually fill stadiums because they actually have some fans.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:34 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:hope they get back in the premiership to be honest. Them and Nottm Forest, no matter how much we hate them they should be in the premiership instead of the likes of Bolton, Wigan and Boro who can't fill stadiums. Leeds and Nottm Forest would actually fill stadiums because they actually have some fans.

On the money there for me. I hate seeing empty stadia in the Premiership. I'd rather see us take on Leeds or Nott's Forest than the likes of Boro or Wigan, it makes the league stronger and more competitive.
LFC2007

Postby Wilhelmsson » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:13 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:hope they get back in the premiership to be honest. Them and Nottm Forest, no matter how much we hate them they should be in the premiership instead of the likes of Bolton, Wigan and Boro who can't fill stadiums. Leeds and Nottm Forest would actually fill stadiums because they actually have some fans.

On the money there for me. I hate seeing empty stadia in the Premiership. I'd rather see us take on Leeds or Nott's Forest than the likes of Boro or Wigan, it makes the league stronger and more competitive.

If this was the 70’s then I’d say you were accurate, but not today, with all their history they are where they are because of past and recent events, no team has the divine right to play at the top level of football, they must earn it and continue to do so.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:17 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:If this was the 70’s then I’d say you were accurate, but no today, with all their history they are were they are because of past and recent events, no team has the divine right to play at the top level of football, they must earn it and continue to do so.

Of course no team has the divine right to play in the top flight, I'm not advocating an immediate right of passage into the EPL for these teams.
Teams with large, passionate fanbases are teams I want to see playing in the EPL. I'd love to us playing Leeds and Forest again, it's much more exciting, and the atmosphere makes for more of a match.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:21 pm

I hope they turn this around and make it to the play offs, if only to stick stick two fingers up to the FUKwits at the F.A
destro

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:25 pm

Nottingham Forest was more famous than Manchester United in Spain. Not only because their funny name (1), but because they were regular Europe visitors.

I know a Spaniard of 50 years that has lived in England for a while, knows his football and has told me a bit about that club, but I haven't read much insight about how Liverpool had rivalry with them. Adam implies they were quite hated back then, but I'd love to hear more. They were as hated as Manchester back then? or different?

(1) Notthingham sounds exactly as "Don't you have", and many amateur Spanish teams were called after Nottingham Balls, Nottingham Money, and things like that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:14 pm

Manhattan detests Bolton, Boro, and Wigan.

The Prem needs Leeds United and Nottingham Forest.

I hope they can regain their status as top teams and I have to give credit to Leeds for what they've done so far this season.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:57 pm

there's plenty of other clubs with a proud history & tradition that i'd sooner see back in the prem than leeds eg. forest, leicester, preston ne, the 2 sheffield sides (now that pr*ck warnock's gone)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:25 pm

I know a few Leeds supporters and they a brilliant, great sense of humour but still loyal to the club. I liked the way David O'Leary walked away smelling of roses with a face that said "Dont blame me ! "
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum