THE OLYMPIC GAMES/PARALYMPIC GAMES

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 am

Kenny Kan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:19 am wrote:I was appalled by the opening ceremony, I mean how on earth did the British have the audacity to show off part of their historic culture to the world like this? Talk about re-writing history.

The funny thing was that in america the most googled thing right after it happend was "who invented the world wide web" and on american forums there was outrage that it was a British person and not an american lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 pm

The same yanks thought that Kenneth Branagan was dressed as Abraham Lincoln
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 pm

What a swim from 15 year old Ruta Meilutyte. Gold medal!!! Highlight of the Olympics so far for me.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 pm

michael phelps, take a bow son  :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:44 pm

I think the Women's Football tournament has been more fun to watch than the Men's. 

Also.  They should have spent a couple of Million to be able to heat that Beach Volleyball court.  Watching these chicks dressed in pants and long sleeved shirts takes a bit away from the enjoyment :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Imagine meeting one of these weightlifting women.  "So, what do you do for a living miss?"    "I clean and Jerk".
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:39 pm

The Good Yank » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 pm wrote:Imagine meeting one of these weightlifting women.  "So, what do you do for a living miss?"    "I clean and Jerk".

she has the arms to prove it :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:57 pm

The Good Yank » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 pm wrote:Imagine meeting one of these weightlifting women.  "So, what do you do for a living miss?"    "I clean and Jerk".

i've heard enough "snatch" jokes in the last few days to last me a lifetime  :D

just wait until we get to the women's beach volleyball semi's  :D  :wwww
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:59 am

andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:24 pm wrote:the only people likely to start arguments are those who tell people to fúck off. the thread is called 'olympic games' i don't see the bit where it says its only for people who want to feel all excited and patriotic. you could easily start another thread for that.

I agree totally Andy.

The southerners though are likely to feel patriotic more than anyone else as its happening in their own back yard so to speak. Elsewhere of course, the attitude is different. The southerners think that all of Britain should feel proud to be British, while in the north, a majority of us couldn't give two sh!ts.

Judging by the amount of empty seats reported, im not alone in my opinion.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 am

stmichael » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:57 pm wrote:

i've heard enough "snatch" jokes in the last few days to last me a lifetime  :D

just wait until we get to the women's beach volleyball semi's  :D  :wwww

What do these people on the internet "Women's beach volleyball semi's happening all over the world?  I thought it was in London."

"Nevermind Dear.  Why don't you go take a nap.  You look tired."
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 am

Kharhaz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:59 am wrote:
andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:24 pm wrote:the only people likely to start arguments are those who tell people to fúck off. the thread is called 'olympic games' i don't see the bit where it says its only for people who want to feel all excited and patriotic. you could easily start another thread for that.

I agree totally Andy.

The southerners though are likely to feel patriotic more than anyone else as its happening in their own back yard so to speak. Elsewhere of course, the attitude is different. The southerners think that all of Britain should feel proud to be British, while in the north, a majority of us couldn't give two sh!ts.

Judging by the amount of empty seats reported, im not alone in my opinion.

If you think that the empty seats is some sort of proof that the public don't give a feck about the Olympics then I suggest you go check the reasons why there are empty seats - it has nothing to do with them being unsold - every public seat is sold bar a couple hundred. The empty seats are from the Olympic family and overseas Olympic Organisations.

30 mil watched the opening ceremony

20 mil watched the men's road race ffs

Over 15 mil watched Addlington

60 thousand turned up to watch cross country

Every single train from Manchester and Leeds and South West is full going into London

The whole country is gripped by it - it's only the bitter minority that complain about it all and as they say "don't give a f*ck "

Go start your own thread and you can slate and hate the Olympics in there
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 am

I managed to get 1 of the re sale VIP tickets for the swimming last night. I wasn't a big swimming fan generally but Michael Phelps wow!!! I got to at least see a legend.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 am

First gold medal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 am wrote:First gold medal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Finally!

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum