THE OLYMPIC GAMES/PARALYMPIC GAMES

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:15 pm

andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:47 pm wrote:
tubby » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:
Fine... so unless your just trying to troll what reason is there for posting in the Olympics thread that you are not interested in it? If your not interested in it, then don't post. Simples...

think for a little second, bav. i'm commenting on your attitude to people who aren't necessarily interested in the same thing as you, not on the games themselves. and while the games themselves don't excite me, i remain interested in what people think abut them. so i'll read the thread, thanks. and maybe i'll even post in it too.

Point is if someone isn't interested then they should fk off and not post in that thread, save any potential arguments further down the line.

-------

1930 - Mens 400 medly... Phelps and Lochte!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:24 pm

the only people likely to start arguments are those who tell people to fúck off. the thread is called 'olympic games' i don't see the bit where it says its only for people who want to feel all excited and patriotic. you could easily start another thread for that.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:32 pm

I thought it was an excellent show. You can only do so much in an hour or so, but it managed to touch on key developments in British history from its rural beginnings to the Industrial Revolution and through to the modern day internet age, while noting key social and cultural developments along the way. Not everybody would understand all of it, but that's the nature of an event like an opening ceremony. The key was to be entertaining and relevant to a domestic and intertnational audience, and I thought it did that. Admittedly the folks in Outer Mongolia may have less understanding of Mr Bean than the Americans, but I reckon they will appreciate the good humour nonetheless. All in all, it was a great start to what will hopefully a great games and the one chance I get every four years to take interest in sports that I normally wouldn't take an interest in.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:34 pm

andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:24 pm wrote:the only people likely to start arguments are those who tell people to fúck off. the thread is called 'olympic games' i don't see the bit where it says its only for people who want to feel all excited and patriotic. you could easily start another thread for that.

You're the new Benny, mate  :D
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:36 pm

This is why I will be mostly Australian when the women's track events  begin  :alien:

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:41 pm

LFC2007 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:34 pm wrote:
andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:24 pm wrote:the only people likely to start arguments are those who tell people to fúck off. the thread is called 'olympic games' i don't see the bit where it says its only for people who want to feel all excited and patriotic. you could easily start another thread for that.

You're the new Benny, mate  :D

aww feck  :down:

put a stupid cat picture up and you'll soon see me cheer up...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:36 pm wrote:This is why I will be mostly Australian when the women's track events  begin  :alien:

man she's georgeous :lookaround .
she looked off her nut and bet she was tested after that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Its the biggest white elephant in modern history. We may as well have taken that £9.5 billion and bribed all the other countries of the world to let us host a world cup  :D

The only thing I have any interest in watching only lasts just over 9 and a half seconds, so its approximately a billion quid for every 10 metres Usain Bolt covers in the final.  :oh:
burjennio

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 pm

That 16 year old Chinese girl just now... wow! I think that was a new world record too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:40 am

Ian Thorpe looks like a constantly surprised, extremely camp Zlatan Ibrahimovic :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Luis playing well for Uruguay even if they are losing
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:49 pm

stmichael » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:40 am wrote:Ian Thorpe looks like a constantly surprised, extremely camp Zlatan Ibrahimovic :D

:laugh:  :laugh: so true and that jacket isnt helping the him either.
he also appears to have the humour of a wet mop!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Been very impressed with Omar A. from the UAE side. Looks a definite star in the making. Goes past players with ease and has the eye for a great pass. Impressed against Uruguay and is doing so again against GB.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:59 am

GB got it right by taking 2 older experienced players.  Uruguay was always going to struggle because there's no experience in that squad.  They may have 2 of the better strikers in the world and all sorts of attacking talent, but they don't have the experienced players to help do something with it.

I hope Uruguay goes out early and we get Suarez and Coates back soon. They need to start getting ready for the prem, especially with our really hard schedule at the start.  We need Suarez fit and ready to go.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:19 am

I was appalled by the opening ceremony, I mean how on earth did the British have the audacity to show off part of their historic culture to the world like this? Talk about re-writing history.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum