THE OLYMPIC GAMES/PARALYMPIC GAMES

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 am wrote:Sorry to break it up but GB have just won a silver in rowing

:buttrock

That's more like it!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Case in point to why the Olympics are special.  The other day I sat and watched the final of the 10m air gun (and no, there were no USA shooters).  At the end of it some Italian dude choked and , well I forget who won.

There is no other time in the next four years I would even think of watching something like that.  Hell I don't even think it would be televised.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Dressage.  WTF am I watching and why can't I turn it off?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:14 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:49 am wrote:
LFC2007 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm wrote:That's one way of looking at it. Another is to say that the hoards of athletes who've tested positive for performance enhancing drugs at Olympic competitions over the years have done far more to undermine the integrity of sport than anything the England players have ever done. Ben Johnson anyone?

Hoards ?

I think it's 1 Brit who has been caught in the Olympics - a judo competitor in 1998.

He's talking internationally. Still, they're in a minority in the grander scheme of things - but hey, that won't stop a good generalised bashing of the rest of the athletes.

There is no 'generalised bashing' of athletes on my part. I'm actually illustrating the hypocrisy of people who refuse to support a football team on the grounds that some of its squad members are of dubious character, but who have no such hesitations when it comes to the Olympics even though a multitude of athletes have been caught doping over the years. I am quite prepared to distinguish Dwayne Chambers from Sir Chris Hoy, just as I'm quite prepared to distinguish John Terry from Steven Gerrard. The same applies to notions of countries, their people and their governments. It's the people who are unable to do this who are guilty of 'generalised bashing', not me.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 pm

I don't support Chambers because he cheated and think its wrong he is allowed to compete. But then again he didn't cheat in the Olympics

As i said its not hoards of Atheltes caught cheating it is a very very very small minority

I don't support the England football team because of the majority of the players

The difference between England Footballers and GB Olympians is universe apart. It's a disgrace to even compare the prima donnas to Olympians.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:50 pm

2 golds and a silver in a matter of 5 mins

Plus a guarentee medal for the judo !!
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:58 pm

The Good Yank » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:00 pm wrote:Case in point to why the Olympics are special.  The other day I sat and watched the final of the 10m air gun (and no, there were no USA shooters).  At the end of it some Italian dude choked and , well I forget who won.

There is no other time in the next four years I would even think of watching something like that.  Hell I don't even think it would be televised.

The Romanian won ! I watched that too and had the same feeling !  :oops:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:24 pm wrote:I don't support Chambers because he cheated and think its wrong he is allowed to compete. But then again he didn't cheat in the Olympics

As i said its not hoards of Atheltes caught cheating it is a very very very small minority

I don't support the England football team because of the majority of the players

The difference between England Footballers and GB Olympians is universe apart. It's a disgrace to even compare the prima donnas to Olympians.

The majority of the England players -- what, exactly? Are drugs cheats? No. Of questionable character? Arguable, but if you want to go down that road, then I suggest you start examining the lives of every Olympian -- and every Liverpool player, too -- to discover their true moral character just so you know who to support and in what measure.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Look I don't support England football team and the circus that surrounds it - I support the cricket, Rugby , Hockey - in fact every fecking England team bar the footballers.

I have given my reasons plenty of times. I will stick to supporting Liverpool

Now this thread is about the Olympics and celebrating a wonderful sporting event and the achievements of our wonderful Athletes as they try and achieve glory after 4 years and longer of hard work. If you don't want to support that then that's you choice but if you want to discuss the England football team go discuss elsewhere.
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:04 pm

I'll stick my thoughts about the Olympics in here thank you very much and if you choose this as your place to continue slating the England team I'll likewise comment on your hypocrisy.
LFC2007

Postby burjennio » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

5 Things They Dont Want You To Know About The Olympic Games

In fairness if someone had told me whats listed at number 5 when I was about 12 years old Id currently have the build of Hercules
burjennio

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:24 pm

LFC2007 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:04 pm wrote:I'll stick my thoughts about the Olympics in here thank you very much and if you choose this as your place to continue slating the England team I'll likewise comment on your hypocrisy.

I do believe it was others that brought up the England players first into the thread but that's just a small fact isn't it.

Back to the Olympics now
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:06 pm

It has been an excellent day in the Olympics for team GB.
Boxscarf

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:06 pm

careful posting things like that in this thread. this thread is just for celebration and unquestioning patriotism. you'll have the thought police on your back before you know it.  :;):

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Just thought I'd bring this up again  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum