THE OLYMPIC GAMES/PARALYMPIC GAMES

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 pm

just watching the build up to the opening ceremony and cant wait till the games get under way :buttrock .
discuss!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 pm wrote:just watching the build up to the opening ceremony and cant wait till the games get under way :buttrock .
discuss!!

I'm going to see if I can go through the whole thing without seeing a second of it. A coma type thing.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Kharhaz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:05 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 pm wrote:just watching the build up to the opening ceremony and cant wait till the games get under way :buttrock .
discuss!!

I'm going to see if I can go through the whole thing without seeing a second of it. A coma type thing.

Oh arr f*ck the olympics and all that!

Pric.k

That opening ceremony made me proud to be British. Fuc.k any of you who arn't getting behind it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:56 pm

tubby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:23 pm wrote:
discuss!!

Pric.k

That opening ceremony made me proud to be British. Fuc.k any of you who arn't getting behind it.
I hear ya Bav,
I love watching the Olympics, I'm more into the Winter games than the summer, but I still watch as much as possible.The opening ceremonies are on in a couple of hours (on delay to catch the prime time audience) and we are going to a neighbor's house to watch.  The neighbor's are expecting about 30 people at their house, all centered around just watching the opening ceremony.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Easy tiger, It wasn't a knock against the British thing, its a knock against the pointless sports thing !

There are so many pointless sports involved the whole thing to me is a farce. Trampoline being one, synchronised swimming, dressage. Its hard to take any of these seriously. And what the bloody hell is Hand Ball?

Only a matter of time....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Another thing about the summer games... The woman athletes.  Call them pointless sports all you like, it won't take a moment of joy out of me.  I hope the US women's football team makes it to the gold medal game.  Every minute spent watching Hope Solo is a well spent minute.

As a kid I used to love watching gymnastics. But since all of the athletes ( the female ones) are in their mid teens I obstain from watching.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:27 am

well said Bav.

and i got to see the Red Arrows fly ove my house 4 mins before they wre on tv lol.

loved it tonight, yes its been a pain on the roads for me getting to work right near it but i still love it.

Come on Team GB
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:12 am

Just finished watching the opening ceremonies.  That was F'K'kin awesome.  Great job.  Mesmerizing to watch.
s@int - 13 December 2009

The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:58 am

lakes10 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:27 am wrote:well said Bav.

and i got to see the Red Arrows fly ove my house 4 mins before they wre on tv lol.

loved it tonight, yes its been a pain on the roads for me getting to work right near it but i still love it.

Come on Team GB

Looking forward to today Phelps and Lochte showdown!!

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:32 am

tubby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 pm wrote:

Pric.k

bit harsh, that. fair play to anyone who's not interested or even opposed - they have every right. if they don't want to get dragged along in a patriotic ferver then that's absolutely fine. there's plenty of unsavoury business about this olympics as well.

i'm not really bothered about it either, so f*ck me too.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:01 am

[quote="tubby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 pm]

That opening ceremony made me proud to be British.

Seriously  :oh:

Think you need to have a lie down mate.

Personally, I thought we all deserved a medal for sitting through it

Dizzy Rascal and the Arctic Monkeys WTF !!!

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:01 pm

andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:32 am wrote:
tubby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 pm wrote:

Pric.k

bit harsh, that. fair play to anyone who's not interested or even opposed - they have every right. if they don't want to get dragged along in a patriotic ferver then that's absolutely fine. there's plenty of unsavoury business about this olympics as well.

i'm not really bothered about it either, so f*ck me too.

Fine... so unless your just trying to troll what reason is there for posting in the Olympics thread that you are not interested in it? If your not interested in it, then don't post. Simples...

I can understand maybe not getting behind England in tournaments ect but this is different. And before anyone throws the old 'it's just a load of corporate *****', so is the clubs sponsors and ties with other companies.

woof woof ! » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 am wrote:
[quote="tubby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 pm]

That opening ceremony made me proud to be British.

Seriously  :oh:

Think you need to have a lie down mate.

Personally, I thought we all deserved a medal for sitting through it

Dizzy Rascal and the Arctic Monkeys WTF !!!

It was a montage of famous songs down the years. No one said you had to like every one of them.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:36 pm

here is a link to the daily schedule for anyone that wants it.
http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and- ... l-day.html
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:47 pm

tubby » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:01 pm wrote:
Fine... so unless your just trying to troll what reason is there for posting in the Olympics thread that you are not interested in it? If your not interested in it, then don't post. Simples...

think for a little second, bav. i'm commenting on your attitude to people who aren't necessarily interested in the same thing as you, not on the games themselves. and while the games themselves don't excite me, i remain interested in what people think abut them. so i'll read the thread, thanks. and maybe i'll even post in it too.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:02 pm

As a East Londoner i was very proud last night to see something of that spectacular and of that magnitude 10 minutes from my house, i have been very sceptical about the games and would of much rather had a world cup over here, but its very hard not to get caught up in the hpye right now! thought the ceromony did a good job of showing history all the way up to modern London culture. It dragged on for a bit but overall i was impressed
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum