THE OLYMPIC GAMES/PARALYMPIC GAMES

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:37 am

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 am wrote:I think the anti-Olympic thread should have stayed open so all the Cultural Marxists could vent their disgust of the Olympics and Britain's role in it as they so clearly desire; and let this thread run with sport talk, rather than ruining the thread with such 'fashionable' talk of slating our & others' own, sportsmen and women in this huge event.

In fairness, nobody has slated the sportsmen or women.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 am

Kharhaz » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 am wrote:I think the anti-Olympic thread should have stayed open so all the Cultural Marxists could vent their disgust of the Olympics and Britain's role in it as they so clearly desire; and let this thread run with sport talk, rather than ruining the thread with such 'fashionable' talk of slating our & others' own, sportsmen and women in this huge event.

In fairness, nobody has slated the sportsmen or women.

That's quite refreshing to hear.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:49 am

LFC2007 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm wrote:That's one way of looking at it. Another is to say that the hoards of athletes who've tested positive for performance enhancing drugs at Olympic competitions over the years have done far more to undermine the integrity of sport than anything the England players have ever done. Ben Johnson anyone?

Hoards ?

I think it's 1 Brit who has been caught in the Olympics - a judo competitor in 1998.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:14 am

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:49 am wrote:
LFC2007 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm wrote:That's one way of looking at it. Another is to say that the hoards of athletes who've tested positive for performance enhancing drugs at Olympic competitions over the years have done far more to undermine the integrity of sport than anything the England players have ever done. Ben Johnson anyone?

Hoards ?

I think it's 1 Brit who has been caught in the Olympics - a judo competitor in 1998.

He's talking internationally. Still, they're in a minority in the grander scheme of things - but hey, that won't stop a good generalised bashing of the rest of the athletes.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:22 am

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:14 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:49 am wrote:

Hoards ?

He's talking internationally. Still, they're in a minority in the grander scheme of things - but hey, that won't stop a good generalised bashing of the rest of the athletes.

Ah right - well internationally the amount caught with a positive test is well under 1% of all athletes at the games.

More get caught in Tour de france, NFL etc

Even football has had its drug problems.
Benny The Noon

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:48 am

:laugh:  ***** hell, bam. you don't half spout some tripe at times.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 am

andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 am wrote:

Why don't you stop trolling this thread then with your own s.hity tripe, then perhaps I wouldn't have to call a spade a spade. But seeing as you responded, the cap obviously fits 'Andy-I-run-a-pub-with-progressive-views-G'

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:47 am

Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 am wrote:
andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 am wrote:

Why don't you stop trolling this thread then with your own s.hity tripe, then perhaps I wouldn't have to call a spade a spade. But seeing as you responded, the cap obviously fits 'Andy-I-run-a-pub-with-progressive-views-G'

:laugh:  trolling the thread? what? i had the nerve to offer a point of view that didn't correspond with the 'the olympics are the best thing ever and we should all be so proud' sentiments and so now i'm a cultural marxist that wants to show his disgust at the olympics and britains role in it, and that this also happens to be a 'fashionable' point of view?

:laugh:  :laugh:  seriously, think about for a minute. maybe even re-read the thread.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 am

:laugh:  trolling the thread? what? i had the nerve to offer a point of view that didn't correspond with the 'the olympics are the best thing ever and we should all be so proud' sentiments and so now i'm a cultural marxist that wants to show his disgust at the olympics and britains role in it, and that this also happens to be a 'fashionable' point of view?

:laugh:  :laugh:  seriously, think about for a minute. maybe even re-read the thread.

I read your attention seeking drivel Andy, you're just too cool to enjoy the Olympics, you'd rather try and be a 'tad' controversial and offer up your 'cool-progressive' views. f.uck, I wish I was like you:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:07 pm

stop being such a fúcking pleb, will you? stop falling into the trap of not thinking about things properly so that you can fit everything and everybody into your half arsed wikipedia fuelled social theories.

if you had taken the chance to actually think, or even ask me, about my exact views on the olympics - my personal views, and not anybody else's - you would have saved yourself from looking like a total tool once again. you are so far wide of the mark on what i actually think - again - that its untrue, but as usual its easier for you to concoct some *****. if it makes you feel better that you are trying to save the world from the evil threat of 'cultural marxism' and 'political correctness' and 'liberalism' then good for you.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:13 pm

andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:07 am wrote:stop being such a fúcking pleb, will you? stop falling into the trap of not thinking about things properly so that you can fit everything and everybody into your half arsed wikipedia fuelled social theories.

if you had taken the chance to actually think, or even ask me, about my exact views on the olympics - my personal views, and not anybody else's - you would have saved yourself from looking like a total tool once again. you are so far wide of the mark on what i actually think - again - that its untrue, but as usual its easier for you to concoct some *****. if it makes you feel better that you are trying to save the world from the evil threat of 'cultural marxism' and 'political correctness' and 'liberalism' then good for you.

Wikipedia social theories  :laugh: I've hit a nerve here and you've obviously found it too close for comfort so you're getting on your righteous horse again. If you want to carry on whinging to me why you are so cool, do it via pm, if not f.uck off and stop trying to derail the thread you bean.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 pm

you couldn't hit a nerve if you were standing 2mm away from it. don't flatter yourself.

i actually made a decent contribution to the thread, at least for anyone who had half a brain. that its ok for anyone to express a view that isn't 100% in support of the games. surely someone who believes in the right to express one's opinions without the 'thought police' coming down on you like a ton of bricks would agree with that, no? i then go on to defend that point and to say that i'm not all that bothered about the olympics (which i'm not) and that there is plenty of unsavoury stuff surrounding the games (which there is). nothing trolling there is there? or overly fashionable? or culturally marxist? i'm not preventing anyone else from celebrating the olympics am i? am i saying that the athletes don't deserve to compete or celebrate their victories? no, didn't think so.

but once again, you like to pounce on my posts because you imagine me as some wannabe super cool, lefty liberal and that offends your own theories that you so often like to push down peoples' throats. talk about trolling! and once again you are a million miles wide of the mark as to what my actual view point is.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Sorry to break it up but GB have just won a silver in rowing
Benny The Noon

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:28 pm wrote:Sorry to break it up but GB have just won a silver in rowing

i'm over the moon  :D

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32 pm

andy_g » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:28 pm wrote:Sorry to break it up but GB have just won a silver in rowing

i'm over the moon  :D

:D

You have Permission to pick back up your handbags
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum