The best and worst places to live 2006

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:14 pm

madred wrote:Did anyone see the program last night on C4? Interesting statistics considering everyone is under the impression that our city is one of the worst places to be. Here was the top ten worst....

1 Hackney
High crime, bad education - our worst place to live.

2 Tower Hamlets
The second most deprived borough in the UK.

3 Merthyr Tydfil
Slowly improving since the steel industry died.

4 Newham
New hope has come in the form of the Olympics.

5 Islington
Super rich lies next to super poor.

6 Middlesbrough
The city's dilapidated old housing lies empty.

7 Nottingham
Crime is down but it's still burglary capital of Britain.

8 Strabane
The troubles still go on, but things are improving.

9 Blaenau Gwent

10 Manchester
Lots of investment but still not a nice place to live.

number 6?  :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry

it should be higher  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 82-1162220337 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:03 pm

jakfjakjfldkaj :;):
82-1162220337

Postby 82-1162220337 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:13 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
82-1162220337

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:44 am

Best place to live Benidorm FACT  :nod
lovely climate all year round, no scalls, no trouble, fab shops, fab beaches, fab nightlife OH YEAH BABY  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:32 pm

Ciggy wrote:Best place to live Benidorm FACT  :nod
lovely climate all year round, no scalls, no trouble, fab shops, fab beaches, fab nightlife OH YEAH BABY  :buttrock

The missus (yeah i have got one :D ) was contemplating an early year trip to Benidorm next year for us, i have never been and would rather save for somewhere a bit further afield.
But the boss wants two holidays that aren't going to break the bank.
Is Benidorm all its cracked up to be ciggs ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:38 pm

London probably has 3 in the top 5 places as well, or it should have. EVERY place in uk has its dump and its nice place. Some of glasgow is brilliant, some youd get stabbed for looking the wrong way.

London can be brilliant or :censored:, im sure parts of cardiff are nice and sh!te as well.

For me id say Aldershot is worst place, there is not one redeeming feature about that slum
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:42 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Is Benidorm all its cracked up to be ciggs ?

Deffo mate its more British than Britain and warmer :D.
Something for everyone Im going back for 2 weeks in december then Im planning on moving there permanent Im looking into schools for me little fella, I just love it but everyones different.
Its a 24 hour a day resort so if your not into that dont bother going  :D
Nice places not far from there Calpe, Altea, Albir, La Nucia there a lot quiter though but really lovely.
Full english 2 euro, 3 course chinese meal 3 euro, beer 80 cent a pint what more can you ask  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:46 pm

i dont think i could ever leave london... maybe america one day but im too settled down

benidorm sounds pretty cool tho
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:54 pm

dawson99 wrote:benidorm sounds pretty cool tho

It is Daws this is the beach Levante in the new town and its absolutly massive then theres the old town and thats just as big, you just walk along this beach to get there.
The sea was dead warm aswell and its nearly November  :buttrock
Ive put a few other pics up in the Real World feck even met 2 acts from the X-Factor :laugh:

Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:02 pm

Benidorm is a personal insult.

So is Terrormolinos and the overcrowded shores of Spain. They have constructed way too much and too close to the sea. They have destroyed many shores. And they did that to bring the Europeans that seek cheap places.

But soon Croatia, Tunez and other cheaper and less crowded places will take Benidorm's place. Because they're cheaper, and because they're not that crowded. And we'll have lots of ugly empty buildings in Benidorm, lots of golf courses in a country that has not too much water, and things like that.

Spain is indeed a good country to visit. But I'd strongly suggest you to know other places than the too well known ones.

Last time I was in Benidorm was 5 years ago, and it was that changed compared to 15 years ago I nearly didn't recognize some places.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:06 pm

Sabre wrote:Benidorm is a personal insult.

:D  Oh come on Sab's its great for us Brits, its changed since I was last there 4 years ago also its gone bigger.
There are more english than spanish there though so I can imagine why you dont like it  :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:42 pm

Worst place in England...... Leigh. Deliverence was based on a canoe trip down the canal through Leigh.
account deleted by request

Postby Woollyback » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:53 pm

s@int wrote:Worst place in England...... Leigh. Deliverence was based on a canoe trip down the canal through Leigh.

amen brother, what an absolute sh*thouse leigh is :wwww  worst places i can think of are - salford, oldham, burnley, bradford & huge swathes of manchester

city centre manchester is very impressive these days but the rest of the place is a f*ckin crime-ridden toilet, makes liverpool look like beverly hills. there's sh*tloads of money there but it's all either in town or miles out in the suburbs
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:30 am

Ciggy wrote:

:D  Oh come on Sab's its great for us Brits, its changed since I was last there 4 years ago also its gone bigger.
There are more english than spanish there though so I can imagine why you dont like it  :D

Isn't the point of going to another country to get something different, I think you should make an effort to learn spanish, eat some of their food, sample their culture etc.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:41 am

Big Niall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Isn't the point of going to another country to get something different, I think you should make an effort to learn spanish, eat some of their food, sample their culture etc.

I agree with that, when I go to foreign countries I hate nothing more than seeing most people speaking English, eating egg and chips and doing all things British, it begs the question what do you get out of the holiday?  You're basically paying a few hundred quid to sit in a foreign country doing all the things you can do at home. It's a waste of money IMO.

I've been to Madrid a few years ago, I ate Spanish food everyday for two weeks, I learnt some Spanish and I did a lot of site seeing, to me this was a lot better than sitting by a pool on a beach resort, but I can also see the attraction with places like Benidorm, especially when it's so expensive in England.

Sabre, do alot of Spaniards like yourself get offended when tourists do not sample your food, culture and try to learn you language? I met a few Spanish lads who cannot stand a lot of Foriegners because they do not conform to the Spanish way of life.

Ciggy how much is a house in Benidorm?
67-1161385641

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum