Barcelona - Help with places to visit......

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
andy_g wrote:yo kazza - i live in barca. send us a PM and i'll see if i can give you some advice.

top tip number 1: avoid las ramblas like the plague

Be fair Andy , OK Rambla's is very much a tourist place , you LIVE in Barca ,but Kazza's on a one night visit .Tellin' him to avoid the Rambla's is a bit like tellin' a visitor to London to avoid the West End .

i know where you're coming from woof, but really... las ramblas and the squares just off it are sh!te, nasty, horrible places. everything costs twice as much as anywhere elose and you get treated like a wallet on legs. the thing is that everyone thinks its the 'real' barcelona, but the city has so much to offer that its a crying shame your weekend gets wasted in these places.

if you want to see the city for what it really is you have to dig deeper. a little effort will be enormously repaid.

its true about the pick pockets and bag snatchers though. they're a feckin plague. and its not just in the darkk alleys at night, they'll have a go anywhere and anytime and they're very very talented. best advice is to not make yourself an easy target - they're spoilt for choice.

kazza - i'll respond to your pm in detail as soon as i can

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:03 am

woof woof ! wrote:
JBG wrote:Salou was the last time I went on a proper "sun" holiday, ever since I've gone for places off the beaten track that I organised myself.

The only way JB, I have never booked a holiday in my life , just bought a ticket or hitchhiked to "somewhere" and sorted myself out when I got there .

:)

gypsy  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:38 pm

I went to Lloret de Mar last year and took a day trip to Barcelona while I was there. We visited some beautiful place's there, but like everyone else is saying, watch the pickpocket's, there are professional's at it, the person I was with at the time had over €500 stolen while we were shopping! The Nou Camp was quite good but even though is was big, it was nowhere near the size I thought it was going to be. I found Las Ramblas ok too.

This year I'm off to Ibiza, can't wait for it but I'm kind of nervous!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:28 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I went to Lloret de Mar last year and took a day trip to Barcelona while I was there. We visited some beautiful place's there, but like everyone else is saying, watch the pickpocket's, there are professional's at it, the person I was with at the time had over €500 stolen while we were shopping! The Nou Camp was quite good but even though is was big, it was nowhere near the size I thought it was going to be. I found Las Ramblas ok too.

This year I'm off to Ibiza (gay part), can't wait for it but I'm kind of nervous!

have a great time  :Oo:   :wwww
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:16 pm

JBG wrote:What are people's travel plans this year?

I'm going to Paris on the 24th of February for a long weekend, will probably go to Liverpool once or twice, but am hoping to go somewhere like South America in the autumn.

Anywhere in Latin America that you'd recommend, Woof?

i did a big tour of central and south america years ago in my backpacker days. i have to say that the place that really stands out for me is colombia - one of the most breathtakingly beautiful countries on the planet and with a vitality thats impossible to describe. great people, great food, mountains, rain forest and carribean beaches... what more could you ask for?

i also love mexico and have been there a couple of times. in my view the further south you go the better it gets, although mexico city is well worth a few days.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:31 pm

andy_g wrote:
JBG wrote:What are people's travel plans this year?

I'm going to Paris on the 24th of February for a long weekend, will probably go to Liverpool once or twice, but am hoping to go somewhere like South America in the autumn.

Anywhere in Latin America that you'd recommend, Woof?

i did a big tour of central and south america years ago in my backpacker days. i have to say that the place that really stands out for me is colombia - one of the most breathtakingly beautiful countries on the planet and with a vitality thats impossible to describe. great people, great food, mountains, rain forest and carribean beaches... what more could you ask for?

i also love mexico and have been there a couple of times. in my view the further south you go the better it gets, although mexico city is well worth a few days.

Thanks Andy, although I think I'll give Columbia a miss at the moment due to my nationality. Random Irishmen wandering around not exactly flavour of the month over there at the moment.  :down:  :D

I'm thinking of Peru at the moment, although after watching the Motor Cycle Diaries I'd love to check out Argentina and Chile as well.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:36 pm

JBG wrote:Thanks Andy, although I think I'll give Columbia a miss at the moment due to my nationality. Random Irishmen wandering around not exactly flavour of the month over there at the moment.  :down:  :D

i'm sure if you put your honolulu bob gear on you'll blend in no probelm at all.

:laugh:

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:50 pm

andy_g wrote:
JBG wrote:Thanks Andy, although I think I'll give Columbia a miss at the moment due to my nationality. Random Irishmen wandering around not exactly flavour of the month over there at the moment.  :down:  :D

i'm sure if you put your honolulu bob gear on you'll blend in no probelm at all.

Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:35 pm

I'm off to Barcelona in April (as you all know)
Magaluf for a week in August. Then Tenerife at christmas (hopefully). Its the most I've ever been away!! Really looking forward to them!! :D
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:49 pm

off to spain at the end of june for a week, near jerez in the south west. hopefully going to sardinia for a few days sometime between now and then and then later in the year i'll see where i can go for peanuts with easyjet and just disappear for a few days...   any suggestions for an easyjet destination? (i'd love to do barcelona but fancy a change from spain)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 pm

Woollyback wrote:off to spain at the end of june for a week, near jerez in the south west. hopefully going to sardinia for a few days sometime between now and then and then later in the year i'll see where i can go for peanuts with easyjet and just disappear for a few days...   any suggestions for an easyjet destination? (i'd love to do barcelona but fancy a change from spain)

There you go wooly... This map shows all easyjets destinations......

Hope this helps you :D
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:09 pm

nottingham it is then :D 

cheers kazza  :;):
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:12 pm

I have always wanted to go to Rome. Did'nt know easyjet flew there.

Does anyone know where Edimbourg is??? I think I would like to go there ???
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:32 pm

it's near glasgwee, north of nouveaucastle
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:33 pm

:D
Gone but never forgotten