Barcelona - Help with places to visit......

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:45 pm

I'm going to Barcelona in April with my Spanish class and although we are staying in a place called Manresa (just outside Barcelona) we have been given the choice to stay in Barcelona on the Saturday night.  I was wondering has anyone on here stayed there and if they had where's the best places to go on the Saturday night.
Most of our days are already planned. We are going to Monserrat etc.  But on the Sat night our spanish tutor will not be with us as she is staying in Manrsea with her family. So I would appreciate any help you can give me guys, of where and where not to go!!

Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:03 pm

Ihave stayed in Barcelona a few times.To be honest tho they have been trips with the lads on the ale,the match,back on the ale.The only tip Ican suggest is PM Andy G.He lives there and Iam sure he will give you all the gen.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:05 pm

If you go right down the ramblas you will come to the Mariner.. some nice restaurants and bars there!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:07 pm

yo kazza - i live in barca. send us a PM and i'll see if i can give you some advice.

top tip number 1: avoid las ramblas like the plague

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:26 pm

andy_g wrote:yo kazza - i live in barca. send us a PM and i'll see if i can give you some advice.

I was going to recommend Las Ramblas!
:wwww  :D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby The Red Baron » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:32 pm

Las Ramblas is the place where everyybody goes.Yeah it is nice to sit in a pavement cafe and watch the world go by.If you were in London,you wouldnt consider eating and drinking in Knightsbridge or Mayfair.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:37 pm

is it barcelona on that church where you see an effigy of a spaceman carved, which is as old as the church itself

amazing :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:40 pm

Ther's a brilliant indoor FOOD MARKET at the top end of the ramblas (not the port end) The way the food is displayed is a real "Kodak moment" and it's got a couple of sea food cafe's were you can sit and have the freshest seafood you're ever likely to eat.I had some grilled squid that had only just stopped wriggling :D  Tasted fantastic and was not expensive .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:46 pm

andy_g wrote:yo kazza - i live in barca. send us a PM and i'll see if i can give you some advice.

Be fair Andy , OK Rambla's is very much a tourist place , you LIVE in Barca ,but Kazza's on a one night visit .Tellin' him to avoid the Rambla's is a bit like tellin' a visitor to London to avoid the West End .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:26 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Be fair Andy , OK Rambla's is very much a tourist place , you LIVE in Barca ,but Kazza's on a one night visit .Tellin' him to avoid the Rambla's is a bit like tellin' a visitor to London to avoid the West End .

Woof, have you forgotten that I'm female??  Thats why I'm asking for places to go (that are safe!!) Knowing me I would turn a corner and end up somewhere I don't want to be!! :D
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:20 pm

kazza 1 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Woof, have you forgotten that I'm female??  Thats why I'm asking for places to go (that are safe!!) Knowing me I would turn a corner and end up somewhere I don't want to be!! :D

Sorry Kazza , never knew "he was a she"   :D  Be a bit careful in Barca , there are loads of pickpockets bag snatchers and muggers in addition to Andy G.
The gothic quarter is nice ,lots of interesting alley's but as the evenin' wears on there's a fair few low life's prowlin' around.Should be ok if there's more than one of you.

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:09 pm

Sorry woof, I thought you knew I was a girlie!! Dont worry bout it, sometimes I even have to check to see if I am!!!!!

There are 30 of us going. But there are only 6 going to stay in Barca on the Saturday night. There will only be one fella with us. Thats why I wanted to know where and where not to go. I have pm'ed Andy g and waiting for him to get back to me. A couple of them where there last year, but they all stayed in Manresa for the 3 days, Thats why they wanna stay in Barca. They wanna see the night life etc........
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:17 pm

I'd second that warning about the pickpockets, a couple of my friends got jacked a month ago there. Great city though.
Tellin' him to avoid the Rambla's is a bit like tellin' a visitor to London to avoid the West End
And for the same reasons as well, mime artists  :veryangry
AlanHansen

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:28 pm

AlanHansen wrote:I'd second that warning about the pickpockets, a couple of my friends got jacked a month ago there. Great city though.
Tellin' him to avoid the Rambla's is a bit like tellin' a visitor to London to avoid the West End
And for the same reasons as well, mime artists  :veryangry

Thanks for the advice. I will have to buy a bum bag then. Dont fancy being mugged...
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:01 pm

I think I must have got La Ramblas on a good day as I thought it was amazing!

There is also a square off to the left of La Ramblas (as you face the port) which has loads of bars and restaurants with street entertainers at night. Very touristy (with a fair amount of American college kids) but I have to say, I enjoyed it.

Barcelona is a great city, great vibe to the place.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum