Pakistan earthquake - Does anyone give a ******

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:44 am

This might cause a bit of trouble on here,but here goes.It seems at the moment there is disaster after disaster happening this year from the Tsusami to the London bombings,to New Orleans etc etc  and dont get me wrong i feel very heavy hearted and sorry for them.
The pakistan earthquake however seems ,especially around here people dont seem to be bothered.......why.
9/11
madrid
london

does anyone else feel that pakistanis and muslems in general are getting tared with the same brush and people look at them differently.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:51 am

I,m not being racist either.......the question i,m asking is because of the connection with terror,do you look at certain countries differently.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:17 pm

I feel sorry for the people that have lost there loved ones and possessions, but I hope a load of Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden got killed in the earth quake.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:27 pm

drummerphil wrote:I,m not being racist either.......the question i,m asking is because of the connection with terror,do you look at certain countries differently.

ive lived in egypt phil, but i will not go to any of the musim countries at the moment, for fear of ending up on a website in an orange suit........no way

im being serious here aswell....its too dangerous
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:37 pm

judge i love Egypt been there 6 times,where did you live
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:40 pm

on a personal level i give a hell of a shit. i think its absolutely tragic that over 30,000 people have died including thousands and thousands of kids and that once again its mostly the poor and disadvantaged that rae suffering.

the 'diplomatic' angle seems different though. take a look at these foreign aid figures.

INTERNATIONAL AID
EU: $3.6m
Australia: $380,000
UK: $177,000 and 60-strong team
US: $100,000
China: 49 rescuers, dogs, 17 tons of equipment
Japan: 50 rescue workers
Turkey: five teams of rescuers and 11 tonnes of aid
Russia: 30 rescuers, sniffer dogs, special equipment
Germany: $60,000

quite revealing isn't it? the USA - most powerful and richest nation on earth donates half of rio ferdinands weekly wage. the UK does a bit better but its still a fucking pittance.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:46 pm

drummerphil wrote:judge i love Egypt been there 6 times,where did you live

i lived in Karnak luxor, not far from the Hilton Hotel and Pharaon hotel there. On the same side of the road.

I used to go for a drink (tea) at the local coffee shop near the beneton shop.

if you ever go there, you'll know where i mean

------------------------------------------------------------

(shame for pakistan and the dead - my sympathies)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:49 pm

i know exactly where you mean,i used to sit out there smoking those pipe things with the locals.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:52 pm

I live in a muslim country and to be honest i was surprised when i got here, my knwledge of Muslims was restricted to the ones living in the UK, the vast majority of which are anti socal and like to live amongst each other and not integrate, and then blame every one else for being isolated.

however in Malaysia the muslims are genuinly nice people, no one tries to force their religion on you, they just get on with their lives, at the moment its fasting month and they have some willpower here, daylight is about 5.30 am to 7 pm and in tropical heat they manage to last all day without even drinking water.

the point i am trying to make is that not all muslims are bad people, there are extremists who tarnish the religion as there are with any religion, even catholics and protestants have terrorists but we dont tarnish the whole religion.

however that said i am the type of person who doesnt really care about disasters as long as they dont affect me, my family of my friends. if i worried about every bad thing in the worls i would spend all day worrying and its not worth it
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:53 pm

the coffee shop was more of a shack than a building, and behind it, was where i kept my horse.

i smoked sheesha everyday (thats a water pipe for those who dont know)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:57 pm

whats in the sheesha judge because it had a taste of its own
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:00 pm

drummerphil wrote:whats in the sheesha judge because it had a taste of its own

the tobacco (usually apple type) plus the burning coals at the top of the pipe, plus the smoke was filtered thru the water, gave it its strong yet appetising taste.

very nice and very communal. you dont get that here in the UK, we could learn a thing or two
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:06 pm

i got on with the Egyptians every time i went .I use to stay at the old winter palace hotel,but got on with a taxi driver who basically took me everywhere i wanted to go,all the time i was there.It was him i used to smoke sheesha with.I have egyption friends who live on the otherside of the nile and i spent a couple of nights with them in their own house. The local ferry crossing is an experience not to be missed.........lol
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:21 pm

you will find that the local ferry, tourists are not allowed mate, not if the police see you. they stopped it.
Folk have to go via the bridge now, which is a bind as it is miles away outta town.

the winter palace, you rich fucker :D

the new meridian and sonesta are also very plush indeed and well worth a visit.

did you go on kalesh rides. if you ever want a good kalesh guy, ask for Khalid Gamel (pronounced Jamel), he married Ruth from stoke. He's a good guy, unlike some of the others. You can find him opposite the Novotel, next to Temple luxor.

Have you ever been to 7 days 7 ways, near the Isis hotel. Its an english joint run by two geezers from Morley in Leeds, who are both called John. Good food there, plus across the road is Gems restaurant, and thats fucking ace for local food, such as stuffed pigeon. try it next time phil

owt else you wanna know
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:23 pm

very sad what's happened in pakistan but if i'm completely honest with myself it doesn't really upset me cos i don't know any of the victims or any of the victims' families so it doesn't affect me on a personal level. that's nothing to do with it being pakistan or any other islamic country, i would feel just the same if it had happened in russia or brazil or wherever

it's obviously tragic for anybody directly involved but it's not really going to make any difference to my life at all

the aid figures seem a bit p*ss poor though, especially as this is a chance for the US to dig deep and score some serious brownie points with the muslim world by helping them in their hour of need
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum