England v pakistan - Test crickets back

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby neil » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:26 pm

time for some heroics me thinks phil.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:10 pm

cant see it happening mate,we are definately missing Simon Jones reverse swing.We will be lucky if we draw this series how it stands now let alone win it.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:56 pm

End of day two and we are getting battered......after a very good two years resulting in the Ashes win,normal service has definately resumed here.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:59 pm

drummerphil wrote:Well it looks as though this will be one sries we wont win.Pakistan well on top and will soon be over 300 with only 4 wickets down.We will be lucky to draw this test at this rate let alone win it.

hope it rains  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:16 pm

Judge wrote:
drummerphil wrote:Well it looks as though this will be one sries we wont win.Pakistan well on top and will soon be over 300 with only 4 wickets down.We will be lucky to draw this test at this rate let alone win it.

:laugh: ...i think it only rains once a year there
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:47 pm

drummerphil wrote:
Judge wrote:

:laugh: ...i think it only rains once a year there

perhaps that day is today. well its bad light though  :D , thats a start
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:47 pm

its very poor, we had a stranglehold on the 1st test and let it slip like amateurs. Freddy should stay off the booze and pietersen needs to stop playing to the gantry and lose the 'peacock' barnet. Ruddy buffoons.
Last edited by neil on Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:41 am

wow i am suprised. Never thought it would be an easy series, but i thought it would be going better for england than it is. That Fat potato (inzie) has found some form.

Looking at you series against India in India next year. That's going to tougher than Pakistan at home for sure. I hope england gains some form at the end of this pakistan series becuase it will good experience for India. I see the India Cricket board is making hard for you guys as well. The distances between matches as well as accomadtion will be unsettling. Not to the mention psychotic crowds.

I would honestly like to see england beat India at home, but i doubt it will happen.

Its very sad to see this continuing decline in the West Indies. West Indies when touring australia used to be the biggest thing beside the ashes, sell out crowds, anticipation, etc. Now its a non-entity, despite the quality they have Gayle, Lara, etc. People can't even be bothered going and the results have explained why. They have been humiliated, again. I hope they sort this out soon.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:24 am

Cricket is on the decline in the Windies no doubt, most of the young kids over there are playing either Basketball or Football now. Such a shame that they are so mediocre now, whwn you consider the players they've had over the last 2 decades: Lara, Viv Richards, Haynes, Richardson, Walsh, Ambrose, Holding, Marshall, Clive Lloyd, Andy Roberts etc.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:45 pm

End of day three with England fighting back.....we still trail by 71 with 3 wickets remaining....

England First innings 
ME Trescothick c Kamran Akmal b Mohammad Sami 48 
AJ Strauss  b Naved-ul-Hasan 12 
*MP Vaughan  b Naved-ul-Hasan 2 
IR Bell c Kamran Akmal b Shahid Afridi 115 
KP Pietersen c Mohammad Yousuf b Shoaib Akhtar 100 
A Flintoff  b Shoaib Akhtar 1 
+GO Jones lbw b Shahid Afridi 55 
AF Giles not out  17 
SD Udal not out  0 
Extras (b 1, lb 6, nb 20, w 1) 28
Total for 7 wkt (118 overs) 378   

To bat:
MJ Hoggard, SJ Harmison
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:18 am

that cheatin fecker wants shootin, disgrace. seems our lads are cueing up to lay on the heroics, fantastic stuff from bell and pietersen. i still forcast 2-1 series win. tomorrows the day for freddy, you mark my words.

edited because of offensive word
Last edited by supersub on Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:00 am

Hey neil i have no coverage of the game except highlights and what i've read. what do you mean by the cheating comment? what happened?

good to see bell and pietersen get runs, bl to freddy.

wait to you see what ganguly does on your india tour. if he is still captian. he has a hundred and one ways of annoying the opposition. he favourite with steve waugh was coming out late for the coin toss. i know it used to drive sw mental.

i reckon eng v ind next year will be the highlight series of the year. i can't wait, not even sure who i'd like to see win.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:05 pm

In the comotion that followed the explosion one of their blokes started piroeting on the pitch, he's now banned from playing in the next game. Was'nt the 'offensive word' an abrv of their country's name ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:10 pm

What gets me Neil,he should have been banned for the rest of this match too.......hes gone on and taken 4 wickets and scored 90 odd runs since.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:12 pm

Its just not right phil. Anyway flintoff is 3-39  :buttrock  what did I tells ya.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum