Movies - What have you been watching ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby laza » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Looking forward to this one more Band of brothers then Inglorious barstools

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 am

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:01 am wrote:Saw John Cusack in "The Bagman" yesterday. Great "little" movie, maybe his best since Grosse Pointe Blank.

Deffo worth the watch  Image 8/10

Saw that, thought it was low budget sh.it personally Woof.

Watched Wolf Creek 2. Actually enjoyed it 'ya Pomy Ponce', pretty gory in parts.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:01 am wrote:Saw John Cusack in "The Bagman" yesterday. Great "little" movie, maybe his best since Grosse Pointe Blank.

Watched Wolf Creek 2. Actually enjoyed it 'ya Pomy Ponce', pretty gory in parts.

"low budget Sh*t" but you're recommending Wolf Creek 2 !  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Actually did see the first one, it's ok if you like that kinda stuff personally I'd give it no more than 4 or 5 out of 10

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Transformers 4 is a decent effort but its riddled with annoyances for anyone whos a fan of the original series, I think Michael Bay should walk away from the franchise before he makes a bigger mess of it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RED Est.1985 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Watched "Drinking Buddies" last night courtersy of Sky Anytime.

Very slow paced and a nothing ending..... average.
RED Est.1985
LFC Basic Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:08 am

The Grand Budapest Hotel. Best comedy I've seen in yonks
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:01 am

woof woof ! » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:03 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:11 am wrote:

"low budget Sh*t" but you're recommending Wolf Creek 2 !  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Actually did see the first one, it's ok if you like that kinda stuff personally I'd give it no more than 4 or 5 out of 10

They could only afford to pay De Niro enough to do an opening and ending scene.  :laugh:

At least Wolf Creek 2 had their budget spent on good gory bits  :laugh: apart from the Kangeroo's crossing the road.

A good movie I recommend and hadn't scene before (it's a good few years old now) is the Ghost Writer with Ewan McGregor and Pierce Brosnon. Not a fan of Ewan personally but was able to stand him in this one.

Another one I saw yesterday, another actor on the slide like Cusack who's started to enter the low budget scene is Nic Cage in Rage - rating meh.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:59 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:08 am wrote:The Grand Budapest Hotel. Best comedy I've seen in yonks

Was thinking about watching that. The title reminds me of "In Bruges" (also starring Ralph Fiennes), so I hope it's something similar?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 am

Greavesie » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:52 pm wrote:Transformers 4 is a decent effort but its riddled with annoyances for anyone whos a fan of the original series, I think Michael Bay should walk away from the franchise before he makes a bigger mess of it

:Oo:
For me Age of Extinction is several steps back from Dark of the Moon... It's like watching a cartoon... good special affects but nothing much else... The first film was still the best, all downhill from there...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:44 am

I've been catching up on some films I missed at the cinema...

Robocop (2014) - 3/5 - better than expected, could have been better though.

Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit - 4/5 - a very engaging movie which reminds me of the previous Jack Ryan Series movies like the Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:19 am

sabotage  :D
havent watched an arnie flick in yonks but have to say i enjoyed this one
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:02 am

maguskwt » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 am wrote:
Greavesie » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:52 pm wrote:Transformers 4 is a decent effort but its riddled with annoyances for anyone whos a fan of the original series, I think Michael Bay should walk away from the franchise before he makes a bigger mess of it

:Oo:
For me Age of Extinction is several steps back from Dark of the Moon... It's like watching a cartoon... good special affects but nothing much else... The first film was still the best, all downhill from there...

I personally enjoyed it more that DOTM. It's a decent action flick but you're right about it being all downhill. I loved the animated series but Michael Bay obviously never watched it. He's literally spat in the face of anyone who liked it and grew up with it. He should stop making them now, the multiple story threads are becoming confusing and there's no continuity between the films, though its Michael Bay so that shouldn't surprise anybody. His next one in the Turtles, he's off the butcher that now...

Oh and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in bloody brilliant!

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Watched Dawn... I give it 3.5/5... Enjoyed it but the human actors were abit too flat...

Watched guardians of the galaxy... Also 3.5/5. Entertaining and funny. Worth a watch...

The above films are good... But missing thay x factor which would make them complete and very good. Just didn't move me that much... I'm either getting old or am watching too many movies....
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:44 pm

damjan193 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:59 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:08 am wrote:The Grand Budapest Hotel. Best comedy I've seen in yonks

Was thinking about watching that. The title reminds me of "In Bruges" (also starring Ralph Fiennes), so I hope it's something similar?

The missus loved it, its certainly something differet and Fiennes character had me entertained throughout. Its almost like a play so can maybe be more appealing to a specific taste. I enjoyed mind but not as much as she did

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Watched TMNT... Despite the bad press and review I kinda enjoyed it alot... 3.5/5...

It's not the plot cause the plot is as good as non-existent... It's the ninja turtle characters which  I thought is hilarious...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum