Movies - What have you been watching ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:03 pm

watched Valhalla Rising last night and was totally blown away - in fact its been a long time since a film has blown me away so much. the film concerns a one-eyed, mute, escaped captive viking killing machine and his encounter with a small band of christian crusaders searching for the holy land. its not actually the non-stop slaughter fest that the trailer makes it out to be... in fact its a slow, moody, brooding and desperate unfolding sequence of events with a steady smattering of uber-violence at regular(ish) intervals and lots of silent pauses in between. there's very little dialog and the cinematography and soundtrack are breathtaking.

it wasn't perfect though, so it only gets a 9.7683 out of 10.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:39 am

I like the look of that Andy. Search for a torrent begins  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:44 am

metalhead » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:33 pm wrote:I watched the Escape plan (Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Sch) about a man who tests how good prison securities are by escaping from them.

OK movie 6/10

Saw that last night.  :D

6/10 is right. Typical Stallone/Arnie movie.

Got 47 Ronin, much watch that now/later.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 am

andy_g » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:03 pm wrote:

watched Valhalla Rising last night and was totally blown away - in fact its been a long time since a film has blown me away so much. the film concerns a one-eyed, mute, escaped captive viking killing machine and his encounter with a small band of christian crusaders searching for the holy land. its not actually the non-stop slaughter fest that the trailer makes it out to be... in fact its a slow, moody, brooding and desperate unfolding sequence of events with a steady smattering of uber-violence at regular(ish) intervals and lots of silent pauses in between. there's very little dialog and the cinematography and soundtrack are breathtaking.

Watched it last night.

Visually excellent BUT painfully painfully slow with a storyline that's promising but sadly completely underdeveloped. 6/10

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:34 am

Watched "All is Lost" yesterday, a neat little movie with Robert Redford doing a "survivor man" at sea.

Worth the watch if you like survival stories 6/10

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:52 am

woof woof ! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 am wrote:
Watched it last night.

Visually excellent BUT painfully painfully slow with a storyline that's promising but sadly completely underdeveloped. 6/10

you're just the typically impatient modern movie goer, woof. its power and strength are in its slowness.  :;):

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:31 pm

:D

Mate I sat through Kobayashi's trilogy "The Human Condition" , over nine hours long and in Japanese ! don't reckon I'm that impatient, but after watching Valhalla Rising I felt like painting the house and then watching it dry, just to get my circulation going  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:06 am

Watched the Dnipro Delegate yesterday.

Low budget drama with a shyte ending.

:glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:57 am

Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:44 am wrote:
metalhead » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:33 pm wrote:I watched the Escape plan (Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Sch) about a man who tests how good prison securities are by escaping from them.

OK movie 6/10

Saw that last night.  :D

6/10 is right. Typical Stallone/Arnie movie.

Got 47 Ronin, much watch that now/later.

Best part was when Arnie took out his MG16  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:18 pm

andy_g » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:03 pm wrote:

And the point of this movie was what exactly? Can't believe I spent an hour and a half watching that.

Never understood what's so fun about these metaphorical and symbolic movies. Even if you understand the movie's "secrete meaning" it still won't change the fact that you just sat through a very boring and painful to watch movie.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:40 am

andy_g » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:52 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 am wrote:
Watched it last night.

you're just the typically impatient modern movie goer, woof. its power and strength are in its slowness.  :;):

I like films like that and I watched this film last year, I do have to agree with Woof, it is painfully slow, its OTT and trying to be more than it is
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Saw an old film recently called Threads. A kind of docu-movie. It was good, no doubt. Insightful and compelling. Top marks.

However, it left a mark! Truly terrifying, despite being so outdated. I'm not easily disturbed, but this film got to me.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Anyone have an idea of a top and entertaining documentary on ''human evolution'' or ''evolution''?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:05 pm

metalhead » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:23 pm wrote:Anyone have an idea of a top and entertaining documentary on ''human evolution'' or ''evolution''?

:nod

Ferris Bullers Day Off

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:34 pm

metalhead » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:23 pm wrote:Anyone have an idea of a top and entertaining documentary on ''human evolution'' or ''evolution''?

I'm still writing it...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum