Movies thread - What's worth seeing or not

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:51 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:that Jolies a weirdo, men only like her cause they imagine things with her lips  :D  :rasp

yeah that and the fact that she "swings both ways" if you know what i mean  :devil:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:56 am

Well.. went to see Kong last night, it's an ok film. Good affects and all and gives an insight into the bond between Beauty and the Beast.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:59 am

Bucky Ohare the movie!

we can dream..........
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:40 am

King Kong is a good movie , the first hour is a bit drawn out typical Peter Jackson movie.Effects though are great !

I have just watched a really good movie called the constant garderner , well worth a watch.

And another good film to watch is called the north country starring Charlie Theron ( I think) . based on a true story about female miners v.good
66-1112520797

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:07 am

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with Cho Chang's (Katie Leung) cameo appearance.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:26 am

Kong copped a bagging here in Oz. One of the reviewers claimed that it took her the first hour after seeing Kong on screen to stop laughing. She also stated that at times it seemed as though the entire screen was filled with ape butt!!! :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:48 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire with Cho Chang's (Katie Leung) cameo appearance.

Is she well known?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:52 pm

Lionheart wrote:Kong copped a bagging here in Oz. One of the reviewers claimed that it took her the first hour after seeing Kong on screen to stop laughing. She also stated that at times it seemed as though the entire screen was filled with ape butt!!! :D

You can't knock the affects and it's a good film, but there's a scene where a stampede ensues as the 'Nice' Dinasaurs begin running down this very tight valley away from the 'bad' Dinasaurs and in amongst this stampede are the people on the mission to rescue the damsel, it's so unbelievable   :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:59 pm

i'm really looking forward to seeing the new kong movie, the original 1933 version is one of favourite films ever. i just hope this one so does it justice.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:16 pm

I watched Kong on a pirate dvd last night,can honestly say i wasnt blown away by it....maybe it is better on the big screen.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:23 pm

drummerphil wrote:I watched Kong on a pirate dvd last night,can honestly say i wasnt blown away by it....maybe it is better on the big screen.

Yeah for me it was going nowhere in the first hour or so , the effects midway through were pretty good once it livened up and the last part - back in the city was the closest it came to resembling the original, me thinks.

The film did go on a bit , (a bit like this post) but what do you expect from the producer of Lord of the Rings .
66-1112520797

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:02 pm

One reason to watch King Kong: Naomi Watts
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:03 pm

Just seen King Kong at the cinema today. It gets off to a slow start where your wondering 'wheres kong?' however it picks up and theres a couple of good action scenes. The one where kong takes out 3 dinosaurs is classic. :cool:  You'll get a few laughs from it too
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:35 am

zarababe wrote:I like posting every now and then the movies I've seen which are worth watching, or may be not, as well as forthcoming attractions. So instead of starting a thread for every film, thought we could post our views and trailer links of films that might be worth watching  :)

so here goes..

Went to see the 'Chronicles of Narnia' last night, brilliant film, great affects and defo worth watching on the big screen. My little one (5.5 yrs old) lurved it, defo one for all you adults too.

have you tried liar liar?

that should be just up your street, or maybe find a film about someone living a false life and trying to be something or someone they are not
112-1077774096

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum