Lets just sue... - Madness

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:14 pm

£10,000 payout for turban row Pc
Pc Gurmeal Singh
Pc Gurmeal Singh was asked to remove his turban during riot training

A Sikh policeman has been awarded £10,000 in compensation after he was ordered to remove his turban for riot training by Greater Manchester Police.

An employment tribunal ruled Gurmeal Singh, 31, had been subject to "indirect discrimination" and harassment.

The tribunal had been told a sergeant asked Pc Singh: "Can you take that thing off?"

Judge Murray Creed said this was a "violation" of his "dignity".

He was awarded £3,500 for indirect discrimination and £6,500 for harassment after suffering psychological damage, injury to feelings and personal injury, the tribunal ruled.

The officer, who joined Greater Manchester Police in 2004, is a baptised and practising Sikh and it is against his religion to remove his turban in public or modify it.

He said he suffered panic attacks, stress and palpitations and had to go off sick from work over the issue during a long-running dispute with his employers.

Out of the officer's 15 grievances, two were ruled in his favour: Harassment from a superior and "indirect discrimination" because the rules around the riot training lacked "clarity".

in other news, a local vicar has sued for having to work sundays, saying it ruins his golf....

ok, the second one was a joke, but seriously... riot training, you HAVE to wear a helmet, and for safety of him, his fellow officers and the general public, surely he knew doing this what would happen?

this isnt a relion piece, its a commen sense piece... can people stop suing... one of the reasons the police dont have the mopney to do there job is people that work for them keep suing them. it almost seems like people go for a job there just so they can be ina  position to sue!!!

MADNESS!!!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Just tell them at work that taking bets, using a phone, or a computer is against your religion Dawson. Then retire on the money you make suing them when they sack you allthough in your case they probably think its against your religion to do any work anyway. :D
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:08 pm

He said he suffered panic attacks, stress and palpitations and had to go off sick from work over the issue during a long-running dispute with his employers.

Jeezuz H Christ ! all this because he was asked to remove his turban, does he sound like a suitable candidate for the job of a police officer ?. Course he doesn't, but we all know it's a f'ucking con and he's just milking the police force, again that makes him a less than suitable candidate :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:09 pm

does anyone remember TROTTERS CRASH TURBANS :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Judge wrote:does anyone remember TROTTERS CRASH TURBANS :D

:laugh:   :nod

That reminds me, on this turban lark, although by law the wearing of  helmets by motor cycle riders is compulsory, some years ago a Sikh challenged this ruling, his religion forbade it etc etc and he won ! Seems to me these Sikhs only wheel out the "my religion" statement when there's something in it for them. I've never see Monty Panesar wearing a turban whilst playing cricket.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm

he wears some kind of bandana !!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Judge wrote:he wears some kind of bandana !!

:laugh: , so does f'uckin Geronimo !    :D .

How come our Sikh policeman and motorcyclist couldn't wear a bandana if it's deemed acceptable within sikh religion to wear one instead of a turban for certain activities, then they could easily have worn the required helmet over it.

Naw, it's all about the money, hypocritical b'stards.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:14 pm

just makes me sick. these people who want to do a job to help us, and all they really do is take money from helping us

(frmo these people, i do not mean any relgious faction... just the people of whatever race or religion that take the money and run)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:16 pm

That just highlights everything that is wrong about this country

Did you know that at Sellyoak Hospital which treats all the guys with serious wounds from Afghan and Iraq the miltary visitors and also the military doctors and nurses that work their are discouraged (ie not allowed) to wear uniform their in fear of upsetting the muslim workers that work at the hospital.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:17 pm

I wanna stress, im not just having a go at muslims... its anyone who does this
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:34 pm

if i had my hat on, and somebody asked me to take it off, and i didn't want to take it off, i would also get really, really, really vexed.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:52 pm

GYBS wrote:That just highlights everything that is wrong about this country

Did you know that at Sellyoak Hospital which treats all the guys with serious wounds from Afghan and Iraq the miltary visitors and also the military doctors and nurses that work their are discouraged (ie not allowed) to wear uniform their in fear of upsetting the muslim workers that work at the hospital.

didnt that prove to be BS and nothing but poor journalism ?!

and btw Daws.. the sikh arent muslims its a religion of its own as far as i know...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Its not BS mate - know people who have gone to that hospital and been told not to wear unifrom .

Couple of months ago we were encouraged to start wearing uniform in public as opposed to the olden days of having to change into civvys to pop to banks - but then we had the instances both in peterboro and luton when military guys where attacked becuase they were wearing uniforms (yes on both occasions it was by musilms) .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Wonder how much she'll be sued for???

Prosecutors defend 'poke' charge

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has defended taking legal action against a disabled pensioner from Lancashire who poked a teenager in the chest.

Renate Bowling, 71, admitted assaulting the 17-year-old boy because he had been throwing stones at her windows.

The CPS said she refused to stop prodding him when an officer arrived.

The grandmother, who had confronted the teenager outside her home in Thornton Cleveleys, was given a conditional discharge at Blackpool Magistrates.

"In deciding to charge Renate Bowling with common assault we considered all the available evidence from witnesses.

"Mrs Bowling had emerged from her house and was seen by the officer to be shouting loudly at the 17-year-old boy and using abusive language.

"The officer then saw her assault the boy by prodding him in the chest and grabbing hold of his clothing," a CPS spokeswoman added.

Mrs Bowling, however, said that she was a widow living on her own and the actions of this boy had scared her.

"I feel like the victim in all of this - this boy was not injured, I had just reached the end of my tether.

"I have been called a German whore in the street, and my windows are always getting pelted with stones."

The widow, who has three children who served in the Army, suffers from osteoporosis, curvature of the spine and diabetes.

She escaped war-torn German in 1945 and brought her family up in Lancashire.

A CPS spokeswoman added: "As Mrs Bowling did not admit the offence initially, it was not possible to caution her for the matter.

"There was no criticism from magistrates about the decision to prosecute."

This country makes me f*cking sick
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Maybe he just had a bad hair day ? and was really upset about it.  :(
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum