Iran situation - Anybody concerned?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:36 pm

In recent times, It is well-documented that the country of Iran is seeking for the equipment and materials in order to create Nuclear power/weapons. George Bush, a few months ago noted that Iran is one of the country's that he identified as a rogue state that may require action taken against. As much as most of you may not like George Bush (I though he handled New Orleans in a terrible fashion) he is most definately right regarding this situation.

Only last night, the situation has escalated dramatically when the Iranian leader was quoted as saying that Israel should be 'wiped out'. This kind of talk is frightening, especially with the prospect of the country edging closer in aquiring Nuclear devices. tony Blair recognised this as deeming the Iranian's words as totally unacceptable.

For some reason, I feel that diplomacy, as important and valuable it is, will fail in the bid to quell this unstable state. Action may need be taken and I feel that as soon as diplomacy breaks down, we should take decisive action.

How do the people on here feel about this? Are you Worried?Concerned? Or just don't give a toss?

I would be very interested in hearing some of your responses on this.

Nice one Kiddas,
                      wrighty
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:10 pm

am i concerned....not really,more concerned with North Korea theyhave actually being testing weapons for years.I would think not even George Bush would get involved with Iran this time round.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:16 pm

The Iranian President or Prime Minister or whatever made a speech the other day in which he said Israel should be "wiped off the map" (just what we need to hear when the middle east peace-process is trying to get under way)

it's very worrying that Iran is developing nuclear weapons giving it the capability of carrying out its threat against Israel, particularly as Israel is likely to launch a pre-emptive strike if they think Iran are up to something. Israel has enought nuclear weapons to wipe pretty much half the f*ckin WORLD off the map
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:19 pm

The problem with Iran, North Korean, etc is that they know on a straight non-nuclear war - America and it's allies would win.  So that leaves the option of WOMD being used - and since the leaders of these countries have very little regard for their own citizens welfare, they would probably use them.  This escalation is what would frighten me, since China/Russia could very easily be pulled into such a conflict.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mitch22 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:26 pm

Hope it doesnt escalate to anythin. cos if it does youll see a rise in asylum numbers and the fu.ckers opening more kebab shops over here.
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:44 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:The problem with Iran, North Korean, etc is that they know on a straight non-nuclear war - America and it's allies would win.  So that leaves the option of WOMD being used

spot on.

Diplomacy with China and Russia should increase to try and get them on our side as friends in the 'common market'. That 'Bra wars' saga in China didn't do ourselves any favours in terms of our relations with the Chinese. Israel could well be the 21st century's Poland:the light to the blue torch paper.

There is one thing more important than most things in the world, and no John Lennon it's not love! :D , It's money. Good trade between ourselves, China and Russia would be a good preventative measure of us not getting involved with them two leaving us unchallenged to take Iran to the cleaners.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:48 pm

Its all religion and guess what? there is no feckin 'god' :laugh:  :laugh:  :wwww
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:10 pm

crescent versus the cross all over again, by the looks of it.

modern day crusading
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:39 pm

I don't think we'll ever see a US led invasion of Iran. Iran is a country not conducive to broad armoured invasions and would be a quagmire for any invasion force, worse than Iraq and possibly up there with Vietnam.

I would not discount a US pre-emptive strike against Iran using missiles and air power. This is a dangerous situation and the current US government won't handle it softly.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:46 pm

mitch22 wrote:Hope it doesnt escalate to anythin. cos if it does youll see a rise in asylum numbers and the fu.ckers opening more kebab shops over here.

F.uck off!! :no

Also Judge I have to say the 'crusading' thinh is probably the ONLY thing I have ever agreed with you on!

As for the whole Iran thing, dont get me started, I really cant be bothered with arguing all alone against the masses again!!! :D

Lets just say, I think the USA will NOT attempt anything with N.Korea/Iran/China, because they will get f.ucked up. Simple as, the difference with those countries are that their armies are REALLY willing to die for the cause, unlike the kids that America sends out to do their dirty work.
Over 2,000 dead in Iraq now (US soldiers that is) and the Iraq army are not even fighting back, its just insurgents (but also their own people, check link below if you dont believe me!!).

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/CAUGHT_RED__0923.html (this is just one source, there are many others and this was reported by Reuters and BBC!).
76-1115222408

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:52 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
mitch22 wrote:Hope it doesnt escalate to anythin. cos if it does youll see a rise in asylum numbers and the fu.ckers opening more kebab shops over here.

Also Judge I have to say the 'crusading' thinh is probably the ONLY thing I have ever agreed with you on!

As for the whole Iran thing, dont get me started, I really cant be bothered with arguing all alone against the masses again!!! :D

Lets just say, I think the USA will NOT attempt anything with N.Korea/Iran/China, because they will get f.ucked up. Simple as, the difference with those countries are that their armies are REALLY willing to die for the cause, unlike the kids that America sends out to do their dirty work.
Over 2,000 dead in Iraq now (US soldiers that is) and the Iraq army are not even fighting back, its just insurgents (but also their own people, check link below if you dont believe me!!).

[URL=http://rawstory.com/news/2005/CAUGHT_RED0923.html[/URL] (this is just one source, there are many others and this was reported by Reuters and BBC!).

Heh, racism is bad so long as its not against the Irish, eh?  :no
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:54 pm

JBG wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:

[URL=http://rawstory.com/news/2005/CAUGHT_RED0923.html[/URL] (this is just one source, there are many others and this was reported by Reuters and BBC!).

Then again, I'm only a dumb potato eating mick whose mother was too stupid to use contraception so maybe I'm just too thick to see the irony in your posts in this thread.  :D
Last edited by JBG on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:13 pm

:no

How did I know to expect that eh? Ya fecker!!

:D
76-1115222408

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:23 pm

JBG wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:

No that was my mother :laugh:  :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:20 pm

the iranians (and other nutcase regime`s) have been using that kind of retric to pander to their populations for years, the british and european governments asked their respective iranian ambassadors in for an explanation and they all said -rather embaressed - the statement was for `internal` consumption only.
in truth iran is lightening up compared to the 80`s and whilst its true they are developing some nuclear programmes i think its more a gesture to p.1.ss the yanks and israeli`s off.
what the iranians have got to watch is that the yanks dont need much in terms of evidence to kick off these days, who could forget those quaint little drawings of mobile WMD labs that colin powell showed the U.N.
hey man, those drawings are cool, they must have WMD`s.
nice logic.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum