Holiday tips... - ...egypt

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:19 am

john craig wrote:
Judge wrote:plenty of germans in hurghada usually. have you seen any??

have you also tried the lingo i gave you

try this one when the price is too high

rah'lee, wulahi lazeem tal'arta halass (it takes time to pronounce it correctly)

:D

Full of Germans mate, seen one lad in an Everton shirt and met one Scottish couple but apart from that most are Germans - which means getting up extra early to book your sunlounger by the pool :laugh:

Tried a bit of your lingo first day Judge, but the fellah looked at me as if I'd 2 heads.  I can speak a little bit of German which is actually more helpful than Egyptian in Hurghada :laugh:

Think there's also a few Swedes kicking around so should be quite good banter watching the England game tonight...

if you pronounced the lingo correct they would understand you. However, there are various dialects in arabic

for example : in luxor LA means NO
                  in Cairo LA'A also means NO

if you want a cuppa tea you may say : ana ousza wahid shy min fadlak - i want one tea please
or
ana ousza wahid shay min fadlak - i want one tea please

are you confused yet, no wonder that geezer thought you had two heads  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:56 am

Dont listen to him J C , translated properly the phrase he's fed you is .

I'd like some cheap flange, please.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:24 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Dont listen to him J C , translated properly the phrase he's fed you is .

if that was the case woof, john wouldve been whipped around to his house to service one of his wives for 30 egyptian pounds and 25 piastres

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:29 pm

I went a few weeks ago, to warm tho wont be goin again night lifes :censored: and its full of borin Germans, Dutch and Russians.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:30 pm

Judge wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Dont listen to him J C , translated properly the phrase he's fed you is .

if that was the case woof, john wouldve been whipped around to his house to service one of his wives for 30 egyptian pounds and 25 piastres

:D  . Not suprisingly Judge knows the exact price for some Arab granny and a camel ride .       :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:36 pm

:D @ woof comments

woof take your place in the employees office, whilst i contemplate your punishment from above :D
Last edited by Judge on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Judge wrote:

:D  . Not suprisingly Judge knows the exact price for some Arab granny and a camel ride .       :D

:D  :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:50 pm

john craig wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Judge wrote:

. Not suprisingly Judge knows the exact price for some Arab granny and a camel ride .       :D

woof also knows the exact price for the above. He would have to know if he knows i know  :D

JC, tell em you want jiggy jiggy
Last edited by Judge on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:52 pm

Judge wrote: :D @ woof comments

woof take your place in the employees office, whilst i contemplate your punishment from above :D

Disguised as a tree climbing deer , Woof outwits Judge .    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:55 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Judge wrote::D @ woof comments

Disguised as a tree climbing deer , Woof outwits Judge .    :D

oh fuck, what are you doing in here peewee!!, sorry for the shit on your head mate :D

and wheres that damn sneaky dawg gone ?

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:06 pm

Judge wrote:
john craig wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Judge wrote:

. Not suprisingly Judge knows the exact price for some Arab granny and a camel ride .       :D

woof also knows the exact price for the above. He would have to know if he knows i know  :D

JC, tell em you want jiggy jiggy

jiggy jiggy?  Think I'll pass on that one Judge :laugh:

To be honest I leave most of the negotiating/haggling with locals to the girlfriend (And no that's not for jiggy jiggy!).  I just give them the look that says don't even bother trying.  I didn't mind the first few days, but its getting a bit tedious now, the harrassment by shopkeepers is frustrating as feck.  Some Egyptian tried selling me 2 bits of papyrus for 500 Egyptian pounds today (50 fecking quid :laugh: ).  I gave him 200 (which is still a complete rip off) and said I'd be back later with the rest of the cash.  He said he 'trusts me' to do that.  He won't be seeing me again, bloody conman.  Actually I'm still fecked off that I gave the co.ck 20 quid for what is essentially 2 bits of paper with sh.ite drawings on them :laugh:

Actually I'm now considering going back and punching that guy... seriously :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:50 pm

john craig wrote:Actually I'm still fecked off that I gave the co.ck 20 quid for what is essentially 2 bits of paper with sh.ite drawings on them :laugh:

Actually I'm now considering going back and punching that guy... seriously :laugh:

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

PMSL .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:23 pm

papyrus from these guys should be 10 egyptian each for a A4 size

they must see you coming mate :D

i bet you told em it was your first time in egypt didnt you :D

they do it to all first timers, plus they always target the women, coz they know it them who says yes, plus they would try it on also - be aware of that JC
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:25 pm

if you punch that guy, and the police come, make sure you tell em he touched your missus, or you could end up in jail, if its just about money

they dont see it as theiving, they see it as good business.

you must be hard and tell them what you will pay, if they dont like it then move on. you will see the price come down - trust me on this one fella
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:01 am

Judge wrote:papyrus from these guys should be 10 egyptian each for a A4 size

they must see you coming mate :D

i bet you told em it was your first time in egypt didnt you :D

they do it to all first timers, plus they always target the women, coz they know it them who says yes, plus they would try it on also - be aware of that JC

They certainly did see me coming, won't be making that mistake again :laugh:

The bird convinced me not to go back and empty the guy in the end, tempting as it was though.  Calmed myself down with a few beers and later that night I was in great form and found myself dancing in a fountain in the middle of some night club, so all is well... except I've now contracted the dreaded 'Egyptian tummy' so the plane home tonight should be fun :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum