Egypt

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Bye Bye Husni Mubarak...

I can't see the Egyptian people stopping this, after Tunisia's revolution, The Egyptians have found a motive to oust a very corrupted leader.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Anyone got the news on? FML good job I didnt book to go there on me hols.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:32 pm

they'll be moving towards islamic fundamentalism, they will then take a stranglehold of the suez canals activities increasing costs and pressure on the west, USA in particlar, which will lead to ..... :help
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Probably the worst organized country in the planet... anti and pro governments protesters trying to kill each other with the army standing there watching... And we thought our arguments and mods were bad :O
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Why do they want Mubarek out? because of his links with the USA or because they are skint?

Edit MH just explained why, because of links with israel I had no idea about that.

I like Egypt as a country to visit but ffs they dont leave you alone to buy things, really p!sses you off.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Not necessarily  Neil, I do think there is a possibility that any new government will probably review their diplomatic relationship with Israel. Mubarak had close ties with Israel, when most of the people didn't like them! The Muslim Brotherhood would get the majority if they indeed oust Mubarak, but I don't think the country will turn like Iran or Saudi (even if 90% of the population are Muslim)because they would want to keep their tourism kicking in Sharm El Sheikh in the Red Sea and other cities in the Mediterranean side (Alexandria). The only worry is Israel, how they are going to deal with the Egyptian once their puppet leaves.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Ciggy wrote:Why do they want Mubarek out? because of his links with the USA or because they are skint?

I like Egypt as a country to visit but ffs they dont leave you alone to buy things, really p!sses you off.

Basically because the social and living condition there is horrible. I went to Cairo twice, people live on 2 dollars every day. The people are skint, but the government isn't. Egypt has a lot of natural gas reserves and a lot of other natural resources that make them have a strong economy. Unfortunately, they forgot about helping their own people, but what can you do when your managing over 80m population!! the people are just tired of corruption and fraud and government officials putting money into their pockets without investing in social welfare or people's welfare.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:26 pm

aCe' wrote:Probably the worst organized country in the planet... anti and pro governments protesters trying to kill each other with the army standing there watching... And we thought our arguments and mods were bad :O

Mate, you just described most Arab countries!!!! :D

Where I come from we fight because of sectarianism, Muslim Sunnis, Muslim Shia, Christian Maronites, Christian Catholics and Christian Orthodox fight with each other over the bloody government!!!  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:59 pm

you can pick up some cheap holidays now to Sharm. Heard Thompsons are offering 14 nights all inclusive at a 4star hotel for around £350 pp

sharm is 300 mile away from the troubles - should be ok
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Lee J wrote:you can pick up some cheap holidays now to Sharm. Heard Thompsons are offering 14 nights all inclusive at a 4star hotel for around £350 pp

sharm is 300 mile away from the troubles - should be ok

2 words feck and that, not at the moment mate, would not go anywhere near Egypt until Mubarek has gone and there have been elections. Really hope there isn't a lurch towards fundamentalism, I kind of doubt it in Egypt as its to dependent on tourism.
worcester_red

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:27 pm

I go Glasgow 5 times a year, maybe I'll go Sharm for a bit more of a relaxing time :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:21 pm

never been to Sharm, heard its very relaxing, especially that it is on the Red Sea (beautiful sea). Been to Cairo twice, didn't like the city too much and the people are a bit aggressive and bunch of loons. However, the sightseeing is worth it, so much history in that place.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:00 pm

you will buy my carpets!!!

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:06 pm

:laugh:

at a price twice its market value always :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 pm

EGYPT ? , In all honesty, DROP A BOMB on the f'ucking lot of them, and I'm talking about the entire middle east, just leave the oil wells intact :D

Slightly more seriously, I doubt the the word "democracy" actually exists in any arabic dictionaries apart from it maybe being a reference to some "satanic western ideology", the region is run by Mullahs, Dictators, Private Armies and those who think a donkey has more rights than a woman.

No doubt some sage with a rag wrapped round their head will advise me that they are well aware of the meaning of democracy. They'ell probabaly then go on to explain why their culture hasn't yet embraced it.

Yada yada yada

I did say
Slightly more seriously

but you get my drift  ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to General Chat Forum