Films you want to see - Which ones

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:43 pm

dawson99 wrote:wouldnt zombie strippers have green mouldy boobies tho?

they don't in the trailer (link in first post)..... :D
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:47 pm

ok...we're there
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:17 pm

I wanna see Masaki Kobayashi's trilogy "The Human Condition", saw part two of the trilogy advertised on Amazon for about £200 .

:wwww  How good must parts one and three be. ?

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Is that the one you asked me to look for on LOVEFiLM that time?

Speaking of which, my brother told me earlier about a film about the Korean war called Brotherhood.  Supposed to be a belter so I added it to my list...  Will let you know once I've watched it.

PS I watched American Psycho for the first time over the weekend.  I thought it was quite hilarious in a non-intentional way.  I think it's supposed to be a black comedy...
jonnymac1979

Postby laza » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:41 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Is that the one you asked me to look for on LOVEFiLM that time?

Speaking of which, my brother told me earlier about a film about the Korean war called Brotherhood.  Supposed to be a belter so I added it to my list...  Will let you know once I've watched it.

PS I watched American Psycho for the first time over the weekend.  I thought it was quite hilarious in a non-intentional way.  I think it's supposed to be a black comedy...

I really enjoyed  Brotherhood J-Mac, saw on World movies channel a few weeks back. Certainly worth a look
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:46 am

I watched about 5 mins of cloverfield last night. Is it any good? I started watching it but you know when you get the feeling that you would rather claw your eyes out with butter knives and get rid of acne by using a rusted razor and scraping the spots off your face? I wasted a disc on that bar steward ! :angry:
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:48 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Is that the one you asked me to look for on LOVEFiLM that time?

Yeah that was the one Jonny, I know you're into your films, it's worth googling and reading some of the reviews on "the Human Condition" sounds unmissable for fans of serious film.

Brotherhood, got the dvd, deffo worth a watch . Another good (if not great) piece of modern Korean cinema.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:27 am

New film out for all you Kung fu fanatics. The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan and Jet Li. Supposed to be excellent if you like that kind of thing. Available online now too.
account deleted by request

Postby kazza 1 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:21 am

Theres a couple of films that I really want to see. The Eye being one of them. I'm just getting back into horror movies.

Another one is this. Its called [Rec]Record. Its a Spanish film and made along the same lines as Cloverfield and Blair Witch.
I can get it on a site called FilmHill.com. So might give it a go after tonights match..............

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxX7O9zqtWQ&feature=related
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:39 am

s@int wrote:New film out for all you Kung fu fanatics. The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan and Jet Li. Supposed to be excellent if you like that kind of thing. Available online now too.

Nice one, S@int. I'll have a look for that when I'm bored. Can never find anything decent to watch online now.

As for films like Zombie Strippers and The Eye (another Japanese horror film remade into western bollox) - avoid. Zombie Strippers looks atrocious. Why do they bother wasting so much money for? American Zombie looks worth a watch, though. Looks very satirical and smart.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:01 am

woof woof ! wrote:

Yeah that was the one Jonny, I know you're into your films, it's worth googling and reading some of the reviews on "the Human Condition" sounds unmissable for fans of serious film.

Brotherhood, got the dvd, deffo worth a watch . Another good (if not great) piece of modern Korean cinema.

Cheers Laza and Woof.  Will let you know when I've watched Brotherhood.  When it gets delivered anyway.  Got some time-travel film in mine at the minute called Primer.  No-one famous in it or nothing, I've just got a bit of a thing for time travel stories...  I even watched all 13 episodes of Journeyman on Sky One with the scag head off Trainspotting in it even though it was clearly gash after three or four episodes.

Just got The Fountain with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz (spelling)  on DVD on a similar theme.  The one where Brad Pitt did some method acting and grew that real life beard only to pull out and Hugh Jackman got the part. 

For Lost fans, I've also just bought a book off Amazon called Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

Yer I've got this Lovefilm subscription thing going and I'm watching a lot of films at the moment. 

One of the lads I knock around with told me about this film about Ian Curtis out of Joy Division.  Called Control.  Supposed to be good.  Give it a watch.
jonnymac1979

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:24 pm

Harold and Kumar out today ^^ , gonna catch it either this week or next week also , batman looks good , Iron Man , Doomsday and a couple more :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

great book there jonny, i read it at uni and wrote an essay on it....one of the few books i re-read after uni too!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm

American Physco should never make a film,the book was way better and i know shoes
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Number 9 wrote:American Physco should never make a film,the book was way better and i know shoes

Clarks or Docs?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum