More new films reviewed - Mm'kay

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:27 pm

flombs wrote:
drummerphil wrote:I cant do with watching that Brokeback mountain, nothing against gays and all that,but if i want to watch gay cowboys, village people was enough.

I'll agree with that phill.

Saw a movie called "Asyriana". Its bout the oil trade and the people whom it affects, directly and indirectly. It was produced/directed by the same guy who directed "Traffic" so if you ahve seen Traffic then you will get the general jist of it.
great film with George Clooney Whom ive never seen play a part like this.

i will look out for that sounds alright
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:28 pm

Garymac wrote:Ok GaryMacs Film review 2006

HOSTEL

Directed by Eli Roth

Exective Producer Quinton Tarintino

Well id read a few mixed reviews on this and was looking forward to watching it but had been a bit put off, exactly the reason you should never read a review before watching a film.

The film is about 2 Americans who are Backpacking round Europe and have also bumped into a fella also travelling round Europe who is from Iceland, whilst in Amsterdam a guy in a hostel where they are staying tells them to check out another hostel In Slovakia which he says is full of European Chicks after young Americans,  and so they are off to this wonderful Hostel which is great to start of with but not everything is as it seems.

Dont want to give to much away, but the 1st half of the movie is very easy on the eye plenty of hot eastern European Babes with there kits off (yes there is tads and flange :D ) But the 2nd half is where we discover the rim reality of this Hostel and what is really going on there and apart from the most extreme japanese movies ive seen, this has the most shocking scenes ive scene from a film Produced by Americans, it is gory and gruesome and in honesty i liked this is film lots, not much to go about in the 1st half but it sort of puts you in a comfort zone that you dont quite adjust to what is actully happening before your covering your eyes, which i did on a few occasions.

This defo gets the thumbs up from me the only worry is this is a uncut copy i think so im not sure what it is going to be like once its released in British Cinemas but when it does come out here i will be straight down my local Odeon to check its out in all its glory on the big screen!!!

I've heard a bit about this one. There's also a bit where a guy gets his eye ball burnt out by a blow torch!!! And you see the lot. This is going to freak me out, I know it!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:40 pm

ckay wrote:I've heard a bit about this one. There's also a bit where a guy gets his eye ball burnt out by a blow torch!!! And you see the lot. This is going to freak me out, I know it!

Yeah ,serious eye injuries leve yer squirming in your seat

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:41 pm

It's ok , he didn't die .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:43 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
ckay wrote:I've heard a bit about this one. There's also a bit where a guy gets his eye ball burnt out by a blow torch!!! And you see the lot. This is going to freak me out, I know it!

Yeah ,serious eye injuries leve yer squirming in your seat

It's the burning bit that freaks me out too!!!!
Always had a problem with burning or scolding.
Feel ill just typing about it!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:46 pm

Aw ! what happend , this pics I posted disaapeared after a few minutes .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:47 pm

Your sort of right, its in fact a lass who get that done to her!!, that whole scene is outrageous culminating in a scene which willl leave to sqirming in your seat on 2 occasions.

I serious am considering going to America so i can watch it on the big screen now  :D

Waiting till April is going to kill me! Only thing what worries me is that it could be cut to shreads which would absolutly kill the movie if it did.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:52 pm

Ricky Oh  <- (link)
Anyone seen this ? scroll down for 4 pages of ultra violence , watching the movie my first reaction was "F'UCKING HELL OW !
but it's so over the top I ended up laughing out loud ..

:D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:01 pm

Garymac wrote:

Your sort of right, its in fact a lass who get that done to her!!, that whole scene is outrageous culminating in a scene which willl leave to sqirming in your seat on 2 occasions.

I serious am considering going to America so i can watch it on the big screen now  :D

Waiting till April is going to kill me! Only thing what worries me is that it could be cut to shreads which would absolutly kill the movie if it did.

I'm not to sure. The british sensors seem to be letting more and more through these days. What with Kill Bill ( loads of blood ) and 9 songs ( loads of sex ). Wer may be able to see it in it's full gory glory!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:29 pm

call me a kid.........i cant wait for the new superman film.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:20 pm

drummerphil wrote:call me a kid.........i cant wait for the new superman film.

Same here mate. As well as Spiderman 3, X-men 3 and Indiana Jones 5!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:25 pm

i'm a big fan of smallville so it would have been great if they had used the same guy in the new film,trailers look great.
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:27 pm

Sod that, they should of used the same Lana, she's right honey!!!!

I hear that Kevin Spacy plays Lex.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:37 pm

i think it would have been great to carry it on thats all...................the girl who plays  Lois in Smallville is very nice :)
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:41 pm

drummerphil wrote:i think it would have been great to carry it on thats all...................the girl who plays  Lois in Smallville is very nice :)

They could also get Kelly Brooke to do a guest apperance.  :D
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum