More new films reviewed - Mm'kay

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby mighty mo » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:44 pm

columbia wrote:not a new film but i saw taxi driver for the first time last night. Absolutely class film.

you took your time
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:41 pm

mighty mo wrote:
columbia wrote:not a new film but i saw taxi driver for the first time last night. Absolutely class film.

you took your time

yes i no, well worth the wait though   :D
columbia

Postby inglis5 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:44 pm

dawson99 wrote:
mighty mo wrote:i watched jarhead 2 nights ago,i thought it was brilliant,a bit of comedy and drama,cool scene in it is when the troops are watching the helecopter scene from "apocalypse now" and all the troops go off there head when the music kicks in,great scene!

just the whole film is genius. i laughed out loud which i dont often do in the cinema. and sam mendes is a genius. glad u liked mate

Went to see Jarhead with the Mrs. last night. Thought it was excellent.

It's weird to think that many Americans actually join the army in an attempt to recreate the madness of Vietnam.

God help us!

???
inglis5

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:25 am

dawson99 wrote:did u go then woofy?

Naw , got hung up with domestic stuff   :(  Will try again soon . In the meantime I watched the 8 asian dvds that came thru the post  :)  and there's another four on the way   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Red squirrel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:37 am

Anyone seen the new Underworld movie....Gonna take the missus to see it on Saturday.
Red squirrel

Postby Mikz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:07 am

drummerphil wrote:i watched one flew over the cuckoo's nest again the other day......cracking film that is.

:D how good is this phil. I seen it years ago -had a lasting memory on me ,like when their trying to play cards .hotel...hotel...harding why dont you knock off the :censored: and get to the point :laugh: all hell breaks loose.
Sad ending but amazing film.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:28 am

Watched "Jarhead" last night . Would like to say it was "Full Metal Jacket" for the new generation but that would be a bit like saying sh'it is the new chocolate. There was not one scene in the movie that I haven't seen before in countless other films . Compared to some of the great "war" films that have come out of America , Full Metal Jacket , Platoon , Saving Private Ryan , Apocalypse Now etc etc this was nothing more than a bucket of stale popcorn with the emphasis on CORN . Naturally the kid's in America will love it as they guzzle their Coke and chow down on their burgers .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:31 pm

Watched Underworld Evolution last night . If you liked the first one you won't be disappointed with this .
Not real plot to speak of ,war between the werewolves and the vampires , nothing we haven't seen before , glad I had a free dvd ,not one I would consider worth paying a London West End ticket price for .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Watched "Jarhead" last night . Would like to say it was "Full Metal Jacket" for the new generation but that would be a bit like saying sh'it is the new chocolate. There was not one scene in the movie that I haven't seen before in countless other films . Compared to some of the great "war" films that have come out of America , Full Metal Jacket , Platoon , Saving Private Ryan , Apocalypse Now etc etc this was nothing more than a bucket of stale popcorn with the emphasis on CORN . Naturally the kid's in America will love it as they guzzle their Coke and chow down on their burgers .

Yeah I agree Woof. I saw it a while ago, and frankly it didnt blow me away. I couldnt tell whether or not it made me like the army more or dislike it more.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:49 pm

I actually find the new tv series "Over There " a far more interesting perspective on US Troops in Iraq ,highly recommend it to those that haven't yet seen it .Produced by the guys that made NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues it's a gritty account of americans in Iraq and the yanks aren't automatically portrayed as "the Good Guys" .

episode three is on sky one tonight .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:50 pm

I saw Jarhead the other weekend and wasn't impressed. There's so much better around. It did have to chuckle about the Deer Hunter bit. Thought Jack blablablahall was good.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:12 pm

Ok GaryMacs Film review 2006

HOSTEL

Directed by Eli Roth

Exective Producer Quinton Tarintino

Well id read a few mixed reviews on this and was looking forward to watching it but had been a bit put off, exactly the reason you should never read a review before watching a film.

The film is about 2 Americans who are Backpacking round Europe and have also bumped into a fella also travelling round Europe who is from Iceland, whilst in Amsterdam a guy in a hostel where they are staying tells them to check out another hostel In Slovakia which he says is full of European Chicks after young Americans,  and so they are off to this wonderful Hostel which is great to start of with but not everything is as it seems.

Dont want to give to much away, but the 1st half of the movie is very easy on the eye plenty of hot eastern European Babes with there kits off (yes there is tads and flange :D ) But the 2nd half is where we discover the rim reality of this Hostel and what is really going on there and apart from the most extreme japanese movies ive seen, this has the most shocking scenes ive scene from a film Produced by Americans, it is gory and gruesome and in honesty i liked this is film lots, not much to go about in the 1st half but it sort of puts you in a comfort zone that you dont quite adjust to what is actully happening before your covering your eyes, which i did on a few occasions.

This defo gets the thumbs up from me the only worry is this is a uncut copy i think so im not sure what it is going to be like once its released in British Cinemas but when it does come out here i will be straight down my local Odeon to check its out in all its glory on the big screen!!!

Few pics and that!!!

Unfortunatly this movie will not be released until April this year in the UK which is well bum!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:39 pm

Has anybody seen spielbergs new one - MUNICH - yet. I quite fancy seeing it as when it comes to making movies about true life events nobody beats Spielberg IMO, but after seeing the Sh[B]i[I]te that was the terminal i wanted to know if Munich is as good as the reviews say it is or is spielberg starting to lose it. Although I don't know that much about the events of the Munich olympics the clips i've seen of the movie seem to be really well 'created' (in look and feel for the era).
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:52 pm

I cant do with watching that Brokeback mountain, nothing against gays and all that,but if i want to watch gay cowboys, village people was enough.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 am

drummerphil wrote:I cant do with watching that Brokeback mountain, nothing against gays and all that,but if i want to watch gay cowboys, village people was enough.

I'll agree with that phill.

Saw a movie called "Asyriana". Its bout the oil trade and the people whom it affects, directly and indirectly. It was produced/directed by the same guy who directed "Traffic" so if you ahve seen Traffic then you will get the general jist of it.
great film with George Clooney Whom ive never seen play a part like this.
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum