<enter title here> - Giving & taking

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:37 pm

if your gonna come back, then why pinkitty? :D

bamaga pussy  :D
Last edited by Judge on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:02 pm

Ah here the thread is. What we should do, is have a newkit Christmas party. The various warring factions could have a punch up outside (without any actual punches being landed, feck that!), we could take it in turns to try and get hold of Lynds, Zara and Nanny, everyone could get b0ll0xed, and we could take pictures of each others ersehole on the photocopier, before emailing it to Wilhelmson.

That's what's needed around here, some mindless nonsense.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 pm

bigmick wrote:Ah here the thread is. What we should do, is have a newkit Christmas party. The various warring factions could have a punch up outside (without any actual punches being landed, feck that!), we could take it in turns to try and get hold of Lynds, Zara and Nanny, everyone could get b0ll0xed, and we could take pictures of each others ersehole on the photocopier, before emailing it to Wilhelmson.

youve been working in that shop too long mick  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:09 pm

bigmick wrote:Ah here the thread is. What we should do, is have a newkit Christmas party. The various warring factions could have a punch up outside (without any actual punches being landed, feck that!), we could take it in turns to try and get hold of Lynds, Zara and Nanny, everyone could get b0ll0xed, and we could take pictures of each others ersehole on the photocopier, before emailing it to Wilhelmson.

:laugh: Mick is it one of those days mate.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:18 pm

bigmick wrote:That's what's needed around here, some mindless nonsense.

I thought we had that every day here   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 pm

bigmick  before emailing it to Wilhelmson

:laugh:

Wilhelmson: Image

hes CRAZY!
burjennio

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:57 pm

This makes more sense in here...

bigmick wrote:I was going to post this on another thread but I got IKONBOARD ERROR or some nonsense. I think that means it got deleted. I'll bung it in here instead.

Well I've no idea what any of that is about but it sounds like a situation which oes way beyond football and some silly forum, nice one Bam for putting the record straight with the apology.

As for the "double standards" thing, there perhaps is a grain of truth in that. That said, I'm not advocating a ban for Lando or anybody else, but there is absolutely no question in my mind that the "pro" camp dish out abuse willy nilly and seemingly get away with it all the time. FWIW I don't mind the silly snidy comments which get put up the minute somebody says that not beating Hull at Home may not have been a great result, I just find the whole "you're a disgrace" angle a bit boring after a while. I could equally say "you're a disgrace for thinking it's a good result", but then it would just demonstrate how ridiculous a comment it is.

It just seems it's more OK to call someone who is pessimistic a c..., than it is somebody who is optimistic and I can't really understand why to be honest. As Bam said, posters like Heimdall do cop dogs abuse on here andn it's totally unnecessary. He gets accused even more than me of being "glad when we lose" the poor fecker, and although the rants are funny sometimes they do go a bit over the top I think.

Bam's ban simply highlights for me that there should be suspensions rather than indefinate bans (which aren't indefinate anyway). He and Lando should have got a verbal warning yesterday, then if they carried on a couple of days in the sin bin, job done. Truth is they're both big and daft enough to look after themselves though, so aside from whatever was said to Red they might as well have just got on with it.

Some good points, Mick, and I agree that this trend of questioning the loyalty of those you disagree with is getting very old.

As for the ban, I wasn't involved so I don't have every detail but undoubtedly it was what was said via PM in response to a card that led to the full ban.  And this brings me to a point that needs to be made: it's very difficult to moderate this forum to a level that people would like to see (less abuse gotten away with etc. etc.) when people throw their toys out at the first sign of a card.  You see, like refs, we have cards but we get more than two so that we can have more leeway, in theory, before giving someone their marching orders.  Sadly, it's a rare day when you issue a single caution and the message to cool down sinks in.  Instead, a red mist often descends and the PM abuse or public martyr complex starts in, which often leads to more cards and a banning.  If people could accept the fact that a single yellow square beneath their online username is not some deep slur on their character but, rather, a warning that they've crossed a line and need to tread carefully, there'd be fewer bannings and this might be a more pleasurable place to have some discussion.

With that said, all credit to the two lads I carded the other day--neither made a fuss and both have gotten on with things in the proper spirit, which was the point of the warning all along.  Well done, fellas. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:02 pm

I don't want no sloppy seconds
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:16 pm

dawson99 wrote:I don't want no sloppy seconds

you dont even get dry firsts
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:16 pm

with me it would never be dry judge old boy :;):

(edit: that sounds pretty pervy, even for me)
Last edited by dawson99 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Ftr - (cos i feel its necessary to have to...) Bam was warned with a yellow card for his foul and abusive language within the thread towards other members. Fine.

Lando was cautioned against retaliatory action in the same spirit. However did not receive a card due simply to having slightly better appropriate control of his expletive generating 'organ' (at that time anyway)...fortunately in this instance.  Sort of fine....a tad imbalanced you may suggest, but hey the punishment befitted the crime as i saw it. In any case both members were within the radar and were handled (imo) accordingly and fairly. (Sticks and stones) theory at work here...where i feel that it is reasonable to accept a degree of 'banter' or 'winding up' even perhaps a display of blatant ignorance...where i will draw my own parameters in the sand. Is when the dialogue turns sour and personally abusive. Which by way of an explanation is what happened here. Hence, my decision.

The real issue ramped up as a result of something that Bob has touched upon...ie the 'acceptence' or 'tolerance' of a poster whilst in receipt of a card for misdemeanours committed.

Without going into detail - the aforementioned recipient decided it best to step up the abuse into 'warp factor 9' territory against myself/family. Therefore without furtherado - was stripped of his rights as a respected participant on this site sharpish....Ok? It'll do...

Perhaps and (isn't it always the way) a simple momentary reflection on 'why' have i been reprimanded may have avoided this action in the first place. I didn't want him banned - i don't like dishing out cards to anybody without prior consideration....however, there are invisible guidelines as to what is and what isn't acceptable - Bam plainly crossed one of these and ultimately engineered his own downfall.

Hindsight is a wonderful tool to learn from - and so is forethought. Here im exercising some of mine when i say "I accept the comments made by (you) Bam to have been impulsive and reactionary"  Therefore we move on. Done and dusted. Thankyou for having the b@lls to publicly backtrack your 'comments'

Magnanimity is another virtue that more and more people could embrace and make best use of.

Anyway - there in a nutshell is my stance. It is finished in my book.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:with me it would never be dry judge old boy :;):

(edit: that sounds pretty pervy, even for me)

it does mate   :oh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:24 pm

bigmick wrote:If I've been accused once of "hoping that Liverpool lose so I can be proven right", I've heard it a hundred times. This of all the sh!te I've had on here over the years is the one insult that fecks me off. I'm 42 years old and have been a fan of Liverpool since I was a little kid, and to have some gobsh!te telling me that I hope Liverpool lose a match just because I have the cheek to post up that I think we might play a striker in Home matches, makes my fecking boil it really does.

Not you by my memory, but this paragraph reminded me of the posts of many on here who claim that Rafa picks or does not pick playeres just to prove a point.

Crazy notion.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:05 pm

this thread was started because i wanted to make this place a little more understanding and happy. am i failing? :(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:09 pm

No mate, wanna see what a real fail is?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum