England v new zealand (cricket) - Test matches started tonight

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:42 am

England's test series against the Kiwi's started tonight, (9.30 PM Enland time) don't know if anybody else other than me follows the cricket, but if you do here's a topic to discuss the england boys.

England won the twenty20s, the New Zealander's won the ODI series and England are favourite for the tests.

Day 1, NZ won the toss and elected to bat but at tea have found themselves 176-3. Harmison (has been bowling disgracefully with no pace) but picked up the first wicket. Alastair Cook took a fantastic catch off the bowling of Ryan Sidebottom to dismiss Stephen Fleming. Paul Collingwood took the third wicket with a caught and bowled.

Currently How, 92 and Taylor 16. Just come back from tea.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 am

Make that 176-4. Monty Panesar has just picked up the wicket of Jamie How on 92, with a catch in the slips by Collingwood.

NZ have just lost their fifth wicket now. Another great catch by Ali Cook to dismiss Jacob Oram off Matthew Hoggard's bowling. 200-5
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:50 am

Harmison needs a punch in the mouth, he is supposed to be a fast bowler and yet his average speed is 80mph. The guy had the mental strength of a knat. Bowlers with far less natural talent, (Hoggard and Sidebottom), have been working their erses off and give more trouble to the batsmen. Broad should be playing.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:48 am

I've just seen the Harmison interview with Nasser and the bloke is a mess, he looked and sounded like he is close to a nervous breakdown, he kept repeating himself. He is a bag of nerves, and i first thought he might be drunk.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:56 pm

See his face drop Red, when Nas went to him "if you were bowling like you were in the West Indies I'd give you the new ball straight away, if you're bowling like you are now, I wouldn't give you the ball at all" :laugh:

8 wickets down the Kiwi's though, last day of play tonight, knock over the last couple and leave ourselves, around 280/300 runs to win...we stand half a chance. If we go for it that is.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Negative attitude from the off has resulted in last nights shambles. FFS they have one good bowler (Vettori) and one average-decent batsman on his last legs (Fleming), and we batted like we were facing Lillee, Marshall, Roberts etc. etc. 2 runs an over against a second rate attack for 2 days pathetic and let them score 470 or so. They should have attacked and easily replied with 500 on the board and skittled out NZ for 250 leaving a target of 220-240 to get in a day.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:11 pm

An embarrassment from start to finish. Vaughan, Harmisson and even Peitersen on current form should be dropped from the test side. Bring in Broad, Swann and Shah. We need a world class all rounder because Collingwood's bowling isn't good enough really. Hoggard needs a kick up the :censored:. Cook needs to stop wafting outside off stump. Bell needs to realise there are more runs after 75. Pietersen needs to refind some sort of form.

Let's start again on Thursday.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:25 pm

FIGJAM ( Aussie for Pietersen, Fck Im Good Just Ask Me :laugh: ) is trying too hard to be a clever player, just do what you do best and get your runs quickly, but should not be dropped. Shah was dropped for nothing and should come back in, Collingwood is boring and very limited, he can score, but can easily be restricted. Vaughan is only in the team because he is skipper, he can't field nor bat for long because of his dodgy knee. Broad must come in, and Hoggard needs to stop eating all the fcking pies.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:50 am

I like Colly as a batsmen, but not bowler. I think if he goes out with a positive attitude he can score vital runs, which is why he's dragged us out of the sh!t so often. Vaughan should be told to :censored: off for good. We've tried so many bowlers in place of Hoggard/Harmisson. Tremlett, Jones, Charlie Shrek, Jimmy Anderson, Plunkett, Mahmood. None have really set the world alight as yet. Maybe it's time for Broad to get in now.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:54 pm

2nd test started today, England lost the toss and were put into bat at Wellington. Harmisson and Hoggard dropped by England for Broad and Anderson. England are 58-0 at the moment.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:41 am

Thought we had a good start, and just had a look on Sky, its now 90-2 on a flat track :(
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:53 am

94-3 from 79-0
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:04 am

All out 342, lost the last 5 wickets for 51 runs, 70-80 runs short. Ambrose got his ton.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:26 am

Anderson just got our second wicket, 9-2 just before dinner.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:07 am

Do new zealand cricketers do that tribal dance before a match?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum