England v new zealand (cricket) - Test matches started tonight

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Babel_fan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:46 am

Kharhaz wrote:Do new zealand cricketers do that tribal dance before a match?

No they dont.
Babel_fan

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:57 pm

England bowled NZ all out for less than 200, giving us a lead of around 140.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:30 am

Alistair Cook just got 50. England at dinner on day 1 are 106-1.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:48 am

England won the second test going into the third and final test at Napier with the series 1-1. The third test starts on friday 9PM (england time)
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:57 pm

1st Test - disappointing bowling from Hoggard and Harmison, we had them in trouble and they more than doubled their total for the last five wickets. England batted too slowly and all the batsmen got starts without going on to make big scores, England fell apart second innings and should be ashamed of their efforts.

2nd Test - strange decision to bowl first by the kiwis, Hoggard and Harmison ditched for Broad and Anderseon. While the batsmen may not be converting 50s Ambrose did and England posted a solid first innings total. Anderson bowled very well for a change, even now his average is still 37, and the kiwis really never got going. From there England couldn't really go wrong, batted long enough to leave a very demanding total of the kiwis and they made a decent fist of it. Ambrose's innings with Collingwood was the difference, if the keeper can't bat then we'd be in serious trouble. There were one or two too many drops second innings, I reckon they should ALL do an hour's catching practice for every collective drop.

3rd Test - shouldn't be any changes, Panesar hasn't done too much this series but I'd stick with a winning formula. Vaughan's record as captain should be coming under scrutiny, while we won convincingly last time out it is rather because of the sizeable first innings lead. Under Vaughan England have lead by 100+ on first innings 16 times, winning all but two which were drawn. Likewise England have never turned around a 100+ first innings deficit, drawing five out of eleven and losing six.

And one other stat, Vaughan had not lost a Test (as captain) having lead on first innings  until the defeat in Sri Lanka from 93 runs ahead that cost England the series. Helps that 1/3 of his Tests in charge have come against the bottom three sides who England win without many difficulties against (14 out of 15 wins, the one draw being West Indies scoring 751 and could well be the Lara's record Test)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:28 am

Reckoned that Mills and Oram will be missing, that is the kind of disruption we normally suffer (often our own doing) England will doubtless remain unchanged, can't see them wanting to change a winning side. If we don't win that will be just two series wins and FOUR series defeats in the last nine/since the 2005 Ashes
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:10 pm

collingwood is struggling according to Sky Sports News and Shah is on standby to replace him. So changes may be forced upon us.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby lakes10 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:33 pm

my brother inlaw is there for the test, (he and my sister now live out there)
He is taken a west ham flag today.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:05 pm

england have won the toss and have chose to bat
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:59 pm

4-3. what a :censored: shambles :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:02 pm

oi stmichael it's 7-3 now give us some credit
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:21 am

49-4, Colly the blocker and the South African, oops sorry, England till i die Pietersen at the crease.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Great century by Pietersen last night (not before time) and Broad supported him well. Broad and Sidebottom at the crease for the start of today's play, I expect us to be all out for less than 270 to be honest.

Top order needs to be seriously looked at. Strauss and Vaughan should never play for England again. Bell should be back at number three, Pietersen to stay at four, Collingwood five and someone new at six. Rob Key should be given the chance to open with Cook and I'd play Michael Yardy at six, he also gives you the option of an extra spin bowler. Ambrose, Broad, Sidebottom, Panesar and Anderson should remain as the lower order and tail end though.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:03 pm

england all out for 253. NZ already one down, Ryan Sidebottom as usual.

Fleming is in, in his final ever test. Great player and captain.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:58 am

sidebottom 7-47...absolute class. new zeraland total collapse... and even strauss is still in!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum