Downloading - What client are you using ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:06 pm

I've been using UTorrent for the last couple of years but their recent versions have seen my DL speeds reduced by half.

Can any  :pirate  out there recommend a better client than UTorrent ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Still using uTorrent myself woof, i agree it does seem to be running a little slower latly

Saint use to swear by newsgroups but ive never used them myself
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Always used U torrent,my mate says Vuse is better but I'm not to worried.I just leave them downlaoding when I'm at work so I have no need for fast speeds!

E mule is meant to be the best according to a proper nerd I know,I tried it a few years ago but found it confusing......may have another look at it sometime,now I'm a bit more clued in!

Dawson will love this thread! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:01 pm

Limewire is good for music.. UTorrent is probably your best option for everything else.. But im no expert or anything like that..

Oh and sorry Dawson you sanctimonious :censored: ! :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 pm

use Vuze myself. sometimes its lightning fast and sometimes it drags its feet a bit. its probably more to do with a combination of seed numbers and your own set up than anything intrinsic to the software though, right?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:41 pm

andy_g wrote:use Vuze myself. sometimes its lightning fast and sometimes it drags its feet a bit. its probably more to do with a combination of seed numbers and your own set up than anything intrinsic to the software though, right?

:nod

Woofs getting old mate....he just needs a bit of help in general! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:44 pm

I use direct download forums. Just as much choice there.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:02 pm

aCe' wrote:Limewire is good for music.. UTorrent is probably your best option for everything else.. But im no expert or anything like that..

Oh and sorry Dawson you sanctimonious :censored: ! :D

i wouldn't touch limewire with a barge pole mate, so un-predictable with viruses etc. i did use it in the past but it caused me no end of problems,with all downloads  :eyebrow
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:26 pm

BitLord is the one I use. Mind you, I can't seem to find any movies to download these days - they seem to be all gone, shutdown etc. Any suggestions on good sites welcomed....hint, hint.... :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:02 am

I use UTorrent. At first the connections seemed to cut out but it seems fine now. Some speeds are rubbish though, that depends on the seeds. Some have decent speeds, some not so.

A good movie site: Superfundo.

Another good all rounder: Kick@ss Torrents.

And of course Piratebay is a useful one.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:08 am

Utorrent hasnt seemed to change for me , somedays great somedays :censored:
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:59 am

andy_g wrote:use Vuze myself. sometimes its lightning fast and sometimes it drags its feet a bit. its probably more to do with a combination of seed numbers and your own set up than anything intrinsic to the software though, right?

I used to get great DL speeds with UTorrent whatever it was I was downloading Andy. Your average TV show (350MB) would download in about 15-20 minutes.

The only thing thats changed is that about a month ago I had a few problems with my modem (connection was randomly dropping out) BT sent me one of their new home hub routers. Great ! haven't lost a connection since I installed it BUT what used to take 15-20 mins to DL now takes 2-3 HOURS. Of course BT tells me all of my equipment is fine and the problem must lie  elswhere.

btw, I heard that Vuze was very good but it does carry a lot of Spyware and other stuff.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:09 am

woof woof ! wrote:

I used to get great DL speeds with UTorrent whatever it was I was downloading Andy. Your average TV show (350MB) would download in about 15-20 minutes.

The only thing thats changed is that about a month ago I had a few problems with my modem (connection was randomly dropping out) BT sent me one of their new home hub routers. Great ! haven't lost a connection since I installed it BUT what used to take 15-20 mins to DL now takes 2-3 HOURS. Of course BT tells me all of my equipment is fine and the problem must lie  elswhere.

btw, I heard that Vuze was very good but it does carry a lot of Spyware and other stuff.

Have you checked your d/l speed on  a UK broadband speedchecker?

Do you have a ADSL faceplate?

I don't d/l anymore but can recommend newsgroups if your willing to pay a v.small sum. d/l speed only limited by your bb.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:19 am

I did check d/l speed on  a UK broadband speed checker this morning mate .

My DL speed is apparently 385 Kbps (max achievable listed as 500 Kbps) and my UL speed is 734 Kbps (max achievable 888 Kbps)

BT tell me my Broadband Connection is 5.5 MB

p.s. what's a  "ADSL faceplate" ?
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Just noticed, that although I live in central London my new (previously unoticed) IP address puts me in Brighton. BT are apparently routing my line through an exchange thats over 50 miles away   :veryangry . Bearing in mind they tell you "distance from the exchange can affect your BB speed" you'd think they'd have twigged to it.
Been on the line to their "support" team (in India btw) who've told me it's a network problem, they'll look into it and get back to me. FFS :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to General Chat Forum