Ipod downloads - Downloading music files

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 11, 2006 10:06 pm

I have got an ipod mini, with loads of sound music on it, but i am trying to download other songs off a site called limewire.
Got loads of music off there all saved on my pc but struggling to get files transferred onto my i tunes, does anyone have any ideas ?
I am not the best with files and downloads and that so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu May 11, 2006 10:16 pm

I don't know if it's totally correct, but I've heard that you have to download from the official iPod site because of the formatting.  There may be conversion software somewhere on tinternet though.  My wife's got a Sony bean and she can only download tunes from Connect, which is Sony's own site.

Hope that helps.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Feeney » Thu May 11, 2006 10:18 pm

Ace, are all your songs currently saved under iTunes, or another application (e.g Media Player)?

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 11, 2006 10:26 pm

Feeney wrote:Ace, are all your songs currently saved under iTunes, or another application (e.g Media Player)?

Every song on the ipod are on i tunes mate, but i've got loads of music downloaded on a site called limewire, i can listen to it all on the pc, just trying to transfer the files on the ipod.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 11, 2006 10:27 pm

2520years wrote:I don't know if it's totally correct, but I've heard that you have to download from the official iPod site because of the formatting.  There may be conversion software somewhere on tinternet though.  My wife's got a Sony bean and she can only download tunes from Connect, which is Sony's own site.

Hope that helps.

That might be right mate, just seeing whether anyone else knows a bit more than me, if your right then i can stop getting frustrated and do something else.

Thanks for the advice though mate.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu May 11, 2006 10:36 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Feeney wrote:Ace, are all your songs currently saved under iTunes, or another application (e.g Media Player)?

Every song on the ipod are on i tunes mate, but i've got loads of music downloaded on a site called limewire, i can listen to it all on the pc, just trying to transfer the files on the ipod.

OK - so when you download the tunes, do you use iTunes as your default player to play them or do you have something else for it? Have you tried right clicking on the files and selecting 'open with..' then selecting iTunes?

The reason why I ask is because I used to use Windows Media player and when I got an iPod I had to then convert all the songs from WMA (which Windows Media Player transfers all your songs to) format into MP3 (which iTunes uses).

Sorry if any of that sounds patronising mate, just trying possible solutions.

Does any of that sound similar to what you are getting?

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu May 11, 2006 10:47 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I have got an ipod mini, with loads of sound music on it, but i am trying to download other songs off a site called limewire.
Got loads of music off there all saved on my pc but struggling to get files transferred onto my i tunes, does anyone have any ideas ?
I am not the best with files and downloads and that so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try downloading from a file sharing programme called soulseek.

http://www.slsknet.org/

This one's the best for downloading whole albums. I never have a problem tranferring to itunes. Just open itunes and add the folder to your library.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:47 pm

if you manage to create a file for the songs, you can then drag it to itunes. i was able to create a file for music in my windows media player and then just dragged it to itunes
112-1077774096

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 11, 2006 10:49 pm

Feeney wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

OK - so when you download the tunes, do you use iTunes as your default player to play them or do you have something else for it? Have you tried right clicking on the files and selecting 'open with..' then selecting iTunes?

The reason why I ask is because I used to use Windows Media player and when I got an iPod I had to then convert all the songs from WMA (which Windows Media Player transfers all your songs to) format into MP3 (which iTunes uses).

Sorry if any of that sounds patronising mate, just trying possible solutions.

Does any of that sound similar to what you are getting?

Feeney mate that might of worked that mate, i have transferred some of the songs onto itunes, i am just trying to update the ipod now.
As i said i am not the best with pc's and files.

If it works i will owe you a bevvy lad.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:54 pm

if you manage to create a file for the songs, you can then drag it to itunes. i was able to create a file for music in my windows media player and then just dragged it to itunes
112-1077774096

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu May 11, 2006 10:58 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I have got an ipod mini, with loads of sound music on it, but i am trying to download other songs off a site called limewire.

Thanks

I download my songs from a filesharing programme called soulseek.

http://www.slsknet.org/

This is the best for downloading whole albums off other users.
I've never had a problem transferring them to itunes. Just open itunes and add the desired folder.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 11, 2006 11:02 pm

Thanks for all your help lads, feeneys suggestion worked.

Thanks mate

I now have stan boardmans world cup song on the ipod.  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 12, 2006 1:02 am

Get on Bitcomet or something similar and forget limewire and you can download full albums!
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri May 12, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum