A footballing science

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:51 am

Yeah, Jonny was fond of Cheeso, wasn't he?

Cheeso was so patently unfunny that sometimes you just had to laugh at him.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:53 am

JBG, SAY IT GODDAMN ISN'T FU**ING SO!!!!!!

ImageImage
jonnymac1979

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:55 am

Anyway, back to the argument :D 

It's only recently I've been going on other forums (should that be "fora" to use the correct Latin?) and since going elsewhere I've realised (to my surprise actually) that threads, posts, ideas etc are getting copied/pilfered/adapted/utilised whatever you want to call it from all sorts of different sources every single day. I don't particularly have any issue with it, I come on here to read about LFC, have a bit of debate about issues affecting the club and generally just have a bit of a light-hearted hoot with some like-minded individuals. I'm not a*sed for a millisecond about one-upmanship about who's posted the best topic or who's come up with the cleverest reply or who's had the most posts etc etc   

St Mick has demonstrated over the long term that he's a valuable member of the forum who contributes so much more than he detracts - how many forum members could we honestly say the same about - so the whole thing should be consigned to the forum dustbin.

This is after all a discussion forum, not a point-scoring exercise
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:57 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:JBG, SAY IT GODDAMN ISN'T FU**ING SO!!!!!!

ImageImage

Ah for crying out loud!

For the last time, I'm not Cheescakery and I'm not Honululu Bob!

Jeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :Oo:  :suspect:  ???  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:13 am

Animal farm day again

The worst thing is its threads like this that gives the inane dribble of that lunatic KindaNormal bates feasbility
Last edited by laza on Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:14 am

Woollyback wrote:Anyway, back to the argument :D 

It's only recently I've been going on other forums (should that be "fora" to use the correct Latin?) and since going elsewhere I've realised (to my surprise actually) that threads, posts, ideas etc are getting copied/pilfered/adapted/utilised whatever you want to call it from all sorts of different sources every single day. I don't particularly have any issue with it, I come on here to read about LFC, have a bit of debate about issues affecting the club and generally just have a bit of a light-hearted hoot with some like-minded individuals. I'm not a*sed for a millisecond about one-upmanship about who's posted the best topic or who's come up with the cleverest reply or who's had the most posts etc etc   

St Mick has demonstrated over the long term that he's a valuable member of the forum who contributes so much more than he detracts - how many forum members could we honestly say the same about - so the whole thing should be consigned to the forum dustbin.

aye woolly, but try telling that to OLA and that Fu*king idiot maxmius (who thinks he is whiter than white), fuc'king co'ck he is  :angry:

rock on stmike, you ok here mate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:26 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:i think stmike could be one and the same, so he only posted his own work, so AB and Max, go suck yerself off :p

in fact,AB or max, ring the guy from the other forum and ask him, stop trying to undermine a good lad, you Fu*king di'ck :angry:

i stand by my rant  :angry:

100% behind stmike, but not literally  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:00 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:100% behind stmike, but not literally  :D

I think you might wish to rephrase that Judge.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby maximus » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:41 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:i think stmike could be one and the same, so he only posted his own work, so AB and Max, go suck yerself off :p

in fact,AB or max, ring the guy from the other forum and ask him, stop trying to undermine a good lad, you Fu*king di'ck :angry:

T@55er, I thought you was banned from these parts anyway   :angry:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtone » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:50 pm

It's a shame my article (yes I'm the same Redtone who posted this on the other site) had started a proper debate on the merrits of Morientes rather than the merrits of plagerism, courtesy and point-scoring.

I agree this has probably been blown out of proportion  However, effectively what St Mike has done here is stolen a piece of work.  If he had taken an article from the Times and posted it as his own, then he'd be at risk of legal action.  Now I don't believe my work is worthy of payment nor do I wish to persue this.  But I don't think it's unreasonable for people to show a little courtesy to someone who has spent a couple of hours working on an article by crediting their work.  (put it another way, after doing a good piece of work how would you feel of a colleague tried to claim the credit for it?)

I am considering whether I should try and make a career of writing.  As a result, it's important that 1) the work is credited correctly so that if someone sees it and deems it worthy, they contact the correct person and 2) I get feedback to judge whether I'm improving or not.

In the end I don't think it's much to tag on "I read this article by...." when taking a whole piece such as this - and I suspect all the people who write about Liverpool on the various excellent forums would only ask the same.
Redtone

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:22 pm

maximus wrote:

i wasnt banned you idiot, i asked for my details to be removed, coz of idiot to'ssers such as yerself. i was sick of cr'ap pm's etc

then i thought why should i go, this forum is for everyone

the moderators are aware of this, and that my son is all that matters  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:20 pm

100% behind stmike, but not literally  :D[/quote]
T@55er, I thought you was banned from these parts anyway   :angry:[/quote]
i wasnt banned you idiot, i asked for my details to be removed, coz of idiot to'ssers such as yerself. i was sick of cr'ap pm's etc

the moderators are aware of this, and that my son is all that matters  :p[/quote]
Funny you should use the words suck Judge

Lets just hope that St Mick doesnt stop suddenly or else you will never be seen again

If you havent got anything actually to say except show your undying support to the In crowd around this place why dont you fornicating shut up

I like St Mick posts and his cyber persona but taking other people's work is out of order and making no effort to credit them aint right IMHO and obviously a few others as well .

If it was Turdinator, kinda redrider or whatever his asylum name is , Hustler, Shaggy or Man UTd, etc doing it then some of self righteous snot nosed clique around here would be first to put the boot in

Though yet again thats just another example of double standards manifest itself as  little toadies like  you who judge the posts here not by the content but by who writes them or in this case copies them
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:52 pm

Redtone wrote:

It's a shame my article (yes I'm the same Redtone who posted this on the other site) had started a proper debate on the merrits of Morientes rather than the merrits of plagerism, courtesy and point-scoring.

I agree this has probably been blown out of proportion  However, effectively what St Mike has done here is stolen a piece of work.  If he had taken an article from the Times and posted it as his own, then he'd be at risk of legal action.  Now I don't believe my work is worthy of payment nor do I wish to persue this.  But I don't think it's unreasonable for people to show a little courtesy to someone who has spent a couple of hours working on an article by crediting their work.  (put it another way, after doing a good piece of work how would you feel of a colleague tried to claim the credit for it?)

I am considering whether I should try and make a career of writing.  As a result, it's important that 1) the work is credited correctly so that if someone sees it and deems it worthy, they contact the correct person and 2) I get feedback to judge whether I'm improving or not.

In the end I don't think it's much to tag on "I read this article by...." when taking a whole piece such as this - and I suspect all the people who write about Liverpool on the various excellent forums would only ask the same.

Agree totally, it's common courtesy to acknowledge if you're quoting somebody else's work and St Mick should know better but I think it's unfair how this has been blown up into a big issue against him when, in reality, this kind of thing clearly happens all the time between the myriad of different footy forums.

Anyway Redtone, I enjoyed your mini-article, it was a good read - good luck with the writing career of you go for it   :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:14 pm

maximus wrote:

i stand by my rant 

the moderators are aware of this, and that my son is all that matters  :p

Slimey nob!! I know different, and I think in your own mind you do too. As for pm's you were pm'ing ME, with your pathetic garbage, and others to boot.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:18 pm

The difference, laza, between Stmichael and kindaconfuzed etc is that Stmichael has posted here for nigh on a year and posts quality stuff whereas kindaretarded was here on a deliberate p.iss take. Ok, it appears that Mike has "borrowed" some people's articles and he should have acknowledged them. I know a lot of people here have said they don't care who wrote the articles as they are good, but thats only half the arguement: the person who originally wrote the article is wronged as his work is being passed off as someone elses on another forum. That isn't right. However, I think the vast majority here think that Mike is a great, great guy and ok, he's nicked other people's work, but maybe in the future he should credit the source and original author.

I hope Mike doesn't think its a witch hunt against him and maybe we should all draw a line underneath it all, but AB does have a point, if made a little too forcibly. :)
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum