A footballing science

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:29 pm

StMick was forgiven the first time he pulled this act, but he has done it again. He's been credited with somebodies elses work and never has denied that he in fact did not write it.

If I had copied somebodies elses post from another forum and posted it here without sourcing it, 99.9% of this forum would be on my back.

What he has done is called "plagiarism" not once but probably several times.

When I see something on another website that is worth reading it I post it here with a SOURCE while STMick posts it here and claims it as his own. Countless people have said "great post StMick, good job" but he has never once said that he didn't write this and that it was somebody else who did instead.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:32 pm

.. and AB.. does it really matter .. NO St Mick is a valued member of this forum.. yes he should sight the source.. but it ain't a reason to hound him out ay .. ???
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:01 pm

One of the reasons why StMick is a respected member is because of his good "posts" however several of them probably aren't his.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:09 pm

.. I give-up..

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:13 pm

A.B. wrote:StMick was forgiven the first time he pulled this act,.

Like I said who gave you a big hat and called you "Sheriff" ?

Who cares what the source was ?Did it affect you or your family ?,did you feel threatend by it ? Or was it just an opportunity for you to get on your soapbox again ? . I for one was happy to read it and had no problem where St Mick got it from. End of .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:14 pm

Ok ok lets drop it now hey everyone :) , Stmick posts some funny things aswell, even tho he is guilty of taking credit for other peoples things from other websties.
But im not gona loose sleep over it neither is anyone else, so just drop it.
Another thing theres 1 or 2 members on here getting away with murder, just constantly spamming the forum and numerous topics are being locked because of it, what they are doing is worse than Stmicks copy and pasting. Atleast hes not driving members away.
Weve lost Stan, bigmick hardly posts anymore, Jonnymac, woollyback fed up with it, and a few others, but this has nothing to do with Stmick its other members bringing the forum down, thinking they are untouchable. :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:18 pm

Some people like to make something out of nothing ,and I'm getting fking sick of it .:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:19 pm

Who cares what the source was ?Did it affect you or your family ?,did you feel threatend by it ? Or was it just an opportunity for you to get on your soapbox again ? . I for one was happy to read it and had no problem where St Mick got it from. End of .

Opportunity to get on my sopabox? The very first time StMick did this I said nothing to him, he appologized to my knoweledge and I for one didn't think he was going to do it again. I respect StMick for his great posts in this area but after finding out that a post such as this one is not in fact his and he did not give credit to the rightful author, I have lost respect for him.

Had I pulled the same stunt you would had been writting a speech on what a "disgraceful" thing I've done.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:21 pm

.. but it is not disgraceful... is it.. ???  This is being exagerated needlessly .. ???
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:24 pm

No but it would had been disgraceful had I done it instead.

If he is going to do it he should at least have the audacity to give credit to the rightful author otherwise it's plaigarism and he's getting credited for something he did not write himself.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:28 pm

A.B. wrote:Had I pulled the same stunt you would had been writting a speech on what a "disgraceful" thing I've done.

Had you pulled the same stunt I wouldn't have bothered reading it .
:D   :D   :D
Get over yourself AB .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:33 pm

No, plaigarism shouldn't be done especially on a f#cking football forum. So because StMichael does its alright but had somebody else done it you would had been on his back.

That's a fact.

If this was his first time to do this then we wouldn't be having this conversation but its no't his first time.

He's actually done it twice after the first incident that I know of. This football forum was made for fans to speak their mind not to take somebodies else's opinion and thoughts and claim it as your own just to get good credentials.

If he is going to copy and paste then he should SOURCE it. It's not a hard thing to do.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:38 pm

I'm afraid I have to side with AB on this one, although I'm not engaging in any witch hunt against StMichael, who I like and is an invaluable member of the forum.

If people "borrow" other people's articles or posts from other forums they should have the respect for the original author by acknowledging the source otherwise its plageurism and disengenous, particulary on an internet forum where 99% of people will never meet and people's perceptions of each other are based on what they post.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:40 pm

.. that's fair enuff.. but at this time we can't afford to loose good members .. so stop the houding ..

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:43 pm

A.B. wrote:No, plaigarism shouldn't be done especially on a f#cking football forum. So because StMichael does its alright but had somebody else done it you would had been on his back.

That's a fact.

AB I have never got on anyone's back for failing to credit a source ,that my friend is a FACT.
Sure St Mick could just have easily cut and pasted the authors sig along with the rest of the post , he didn't, big deal . Still can't understand why you're throwing your rattle out of your pram over it .
???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum